Indian tour of South Africa, December-January 2010/11

What will the result of the Test series be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wasim Akram must be ROFL now thinking about how he tricked Dhoni and Selectors by suggesting Unadkat.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Even in an ideal condition for them, they just fail to pick up wickets

It's no ideal conditions now, every bowl bowled is nearly straight without any movement.
Yesterday with the moisture, it was way better.

Dhoni is the culpirt by losing the toss then the batsmen follow.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Indian Seamers are getting murdered here. This udakant is a left handed version of that mithun. If he can't get upto 135 at age 19, he should give up fast bowling and resort to left arm spin. The pitch as I had said at end of first day, has no demons. Only bowlers who put in effort can get any help from this track. I see India losing this by an innings.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I just find it funny that some people are so fanatically loyal that they are delusional enough to think India had a chance on these pitches.
The reason people start flailing around trying to defend India's number one status is that deep down they know the criticism of their inability to perform outside the subcontinent is true.
The truth hurts, India is a team of flat track bullies, and don't bring up Dravid's stats, I really don't care.
And scoring runs on Australia's flat pitches against McGrath and Warneless attacks is pretty meaningless.
Check the stats, Australian pitches are the flattest in the world, yes, there are odd exceptions, but the stats support that this is true.

Well said.

stefan

International Coach
For anyone who thinks pace doesn't matter , I think this match clearly shows quality pace does matter. Three seamers have picked up wickets in the game have all been the quickest on display. Those who have struggled have been tsotsobe and the indian seamers, basicly those who can't reach 140 kph.

SA in total control.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Whilst Indian batting yesterday was terrible, whilst Indian bowling today is terrible, and as good as the Saffers have been...you do have to take into account the differences in the pitch between yesterday and today. The new ball at the start yesterday was really spitting and seaming, and today there is no shape at all. Yes, a large part can be attributed to the bowlers themselves but I wonder how much the pitch has had an effect.

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Well, India surely not deserve the no.1 rank with our pathetic bowling attack.This guys showed us our bowling depth without Zaheer.A no.1 team needed to have champion bowlers and batsman but apart from the Dravid,Lax,SRT trio all left there was flat track bullies and bowlers with out sufficient morale and confidence(also skill).

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Whilst Indian batting yesterday was terrible, whilst Indian bowling today is terrible, and as good as the Saffers have been...you do have to take into account the differences in the pitch between yesterday and today. The new ball at the start yesterday was really spitting and seaming, and today there is no shape at all. Yes, a large part can be attributed to the bowlers themselves but I wonder how much the pitch has had an effect.

A LOT actually. Yesterday, the play resumed only an hour after the rains stopped. the pitch was really wet with huge chunky green patches all over.
combine that with overcast conditions and steyn and morkel's pace and
you have the indians winding up for 136.

Today, the sun was bright and shiny, they used a heavy roller which flattened the wicket considerably. it was nice and baked
by lunch.

but am not taking the creadit away from SAF. they have outplayed us so far and no excuses for the paceless indian seam attack.

Last edited:

stefan

International Coach

Lets wait and see what the SA bowlers do on it tomorrow. Pretty confident that steyn and morkel will still get more out of it. Extra pace always gets more out of SA wickets. The indian seamer just aren't good/quick enough to exploit the conditions.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
I back our batsmen, I think they're class (Raina excepting). I would be surprised if they collapse again. Our bowlers though, are terrible. Zaheer is the only reliable bowler, even Harbhajan is very on and off.

A pace trio of Sreesanth, Ishant and Unakdat is laughable.

stefan

International Coach
A LOT actually. Yesterday, the play resumed only an hour after the rains stopped. the pitch was really wet with huge chunky green patches all over.
combine that with overcast conditions and steyn and morkel's pace and
you have the indians winding up for 136.

Today, the sun was bright and shiny, they used a heavy roller which flattened the wicket considerably. it was nice and baked
by lunch.

but am not taking the creadit away from SAF. they have outplayed us so far and no excuses for the paceless indian seam attack.

There was no overcast conditions. It was perfect sunshine when they started playing.

Users who are viewing this thread