Indian tour of South Africa, December-January 2010/11

What will the result of the Test series be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TruSachFan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The pitch is looking too flat now or maybe Indian pacers made it look that way.
Well I won't be surprised if we will be able to draw it but it's highly unlikely because every batsmen is low on confidence and three out of form.

There was some movement available at the start but just like Galle 2010, Sreesanth and Ishant wasted it. Ishant's first two overs pretty good and apart from that it was mostly short and wide. I recall Shaun Pollock saying that in the first 115 balls, only 2 balls bowled by the Indian pacers were hitting the stumps :lol. Ishant and Sreesanth were getting some bounce with the new ball at the ███ end of the day.

Anyways, I don't think SAF will declare until tea tomorrow so I would say we would have to bat out around 220 overs but there's rain forecasted on days 4 and 5. That could help us out or help Steyn and morkel out. Whatever happens, let's just hope that the Indian batsmen spends some time applying themselves in the middle.

This is a good time for Dravids 20 (200) :p

stefan

International Coach
(it was overcast, with lots of moisture/dampness and green pitch, etc)

You must have been watching different pictures or seeing things. When india started batting there was no cloud cover. Pitch was moist but the clouds had moved away.

But then its better to make it sound harder then it was...;)

stefan

International Coach
Anyways, I don't think SAF will declare until tea tomorrow so I would say we would have to bat out around 220 overs but there's rain forecasted on days 4 and 5. That could help us out or help Steyn and morkel out. Whatever happens, let's just hope that the Indian batsmen spends some time applying themselves in the middle.

This is a good time for Dravids 20 (200) :p

Weather reports I have seen says chance of thunderstorms. India can't really rely on those, they never last long enough to take enough time out of the game. The normal rain seems to have passed now.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Kallis and Amla does it again. And with new hair, it's a whole new beginning for Kallis. Hopefully these to stack up some more runs, and then AB and Prince to score some quick runs. Declare with like 15-20 overs before the stumps. Let DS and MM go at them- to show that the pitch is still the same.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Kallis and Amla does it again. And with new hair, it's a whole new beginning for Kallis. Hopefully these to stack up some more runs, and then AB and Prince to score some quick runs. Declare with like 15-20 overs before the stumps. Let DS and MM go at them- to show that the pitch is still the same.

DisplayImage.aspx
DisplayImage.aspx

He's got a supermodel girlfriend anyway right? What's he need the hair for?

P

pcfan123

Hahaha I never understood why people in the spotlight got toupees. We all know you are bald! no one is going to believe you magically started to grow hair.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
I was watching the highlights yesterday from day 1 and when he came onto bowl, commy was like "can we get the before and after shot going?" and they did it

McLOVIN added 1 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Hahaha I never understood why people in the spotlight got toupees. We all know you are bald! no one is going to believe you magically started to grow hair.

They don't do it to convince people, but to feel and look good I guess...

P

pcfan123

I don't think I'd be able to get over wearing another persons hair on my head. Pretty gross

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Don't expect much. Apperantly the 3rd best seamer the worlds best team can produce is this guy:

443919.html

Why oh why do we throw our young quicks into the deep end so quickly? He's gonna get eaten alive by the Smith's, Kallis's, and Amla's of this world. Hope he proves me wrong...

056810player.jpg

Who says all fast bowlers have to look scary.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I dont think anyone is questioning how good of a bowler Khan is but Steyn is just way ahead of any other pace bowler. Zaheer does great things on Indian wickets so I wouldn't be surprised if he does well in South Africa (if he is fully fit) but Steyn will give the Indian batsman more trouble then Khan will to the Safers. The South African batsman are playing at home, they dont have the adjust as much as the Indians do. Kallis, Smith and Prince all average 45+ (kallis 56) at home, Amla just over 41, Boucher and Ab 35+. Of the Indian lot that will be touting South Africa Laxman is the only one that averages 40+, Sachin is just under 40 and Dravid 33.

Just quoting this. I know it isn't rocket science but it takes some explaining to some Indian fans.

Users who are viewing this thread