Indian tour of South Africa, December-January 2010/11

What will the result of the Test series be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
India have really under-performed here. No-way does this look like a match between the top 2 teams. I expected them to struggle, but this just pure humiliation :facepalm

They have been simply out-classed. Hard to see them bouncing back in the series after such domination.

relentless_rock

Club Cricketer
The guy has just signed two 20+ crores deals, cut him some slack if he doesn't think highly of our regular bowlers. Cooooool as a cucumber.. is what brand Dhoni is all about!! :yes:yes

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Hmmm, for all the whining about others whining about India producing spinning pitches, I don't remember anyone playing this badly in India.
Not only are South Africa number 1, they are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ahead of India.
I don't care about stupid rankings, Robin Singh was once number one ODI bowler in the world, and so was Astle.
I don't need stupid rankings tables, I have eyes.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Agreed that the pitch had a bit of moisture at the time of the start of the first day's play, but this is ridiculous. Any other side would have put up a good show.

No practice matches has contributed to this. I wonder what kind of practice sessions were being held at Kirsten's academy ?

Another reason for India's poor show here- they have played quite a few of their last Tests in the sub-continent- SRL[ maybe8 Tests], AUS, NZL. Most of their Tests have been played at home. It was expected that we would struggle, but not this badly.

The bowlers- well, goes without saying that our bench-strength sucks.

And the captain- Its just a matter of time before he brings himself onto bowl.

Number one side indeed :p

relentless_rock

Club Cricketer
BCCI should quickly arrange a 2 test series with Bangladesh to give our players some sense of self-belief again :D

oh.. i have lost all will to defend India's No.1 rank :lol

ferg512

International Coach
What??? Raina 78 runs from 7 overs?? I knew Indias bowling was bad but wtf was he bowling??

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
I think smith will let Kallis get to his first double century, best chance he has with such a joke attack and lot of time left in test. SA wouldn't need more than 60-70 overs at max to finish off India.

Btw any one knows whats the highest defeat by an innings for any team? Indian team seem to want this record badly :p

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Hmm, don't know if Kallis would have liked the break now. So close to his maiden double-ton, he might just get out after lunch. On the other hand, this bowling attack is nothing to brag about.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The partnership has been going great guns at a rollicking speed of 6.3 an over for the last 30 overs.
I say ask Dravid and Laxman to bowl now. They might be able to spin the ball better than Bhajji.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
harbhajan-sreesanth-5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread