Is Pietersen some kind of ****head?

Manly

Thor
His strategic work can be pretty bad at times, but he is a great leader of men.

Anyone can be a leader of men. You wouldn't necessarily need to be the captain to lead a team. I think he is too conservative as a skipper, but you can't argue with back-to-back Ashes wins...

P

pcfan123

Anyone can be a leader of men. You wouldn't necessarily need to be the captain to lead a team. I think he is too conservative as a skipper, but you can't argue with back-to-back Ashes wins...

This is what I was worried about, that Strauss will get too much credit for winning the Ashes. Far as I'm concerned, England would have done just as well without him.

D

Dutch

Meh, I for one like the way Strauss is captaining. Yes he is conservative but I would rather have someone with common sense in that position than a loud-mouth media addict. Both Pietersen and Flintoff used that position to bolster their own egos. Strauss is just doing his job. So it should be. Nice.

Lee1981

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Meh, I for one like the way Strauss is captaining. Yes he is conservative but I would rather have someone with common sense in that position than a loud-mouth media addict. Both Pietersen and Flintoff used that position to bolster their own egos. Strauss is just doing his job. So it should be. Nice.

Agree with this, dont get me wrong kp is propbably my favourite player but as a captain im not so sure.

Dont see how people can really be critical of strauss, look at what he has achieved as a captain, he has scored plenty of runs aswell showing the captaincy hasn't affected him at all, and probably the most important part is he has every single player wanting to play for him and give their all, thats something kp cannot buy.

Its all about winning series and strauss is doing that very well right now.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Agree with this, dont get me wrong kp is propbably my favourite player but as a captain im not so sure.

Dont see how people can really be critical of strauss, look at what he has achieved as a captain, he has scored plenty of runs aswell showing the captaincy hasn't affected him at all, and probably the most important part is he has every single player wanting to play for him and give their all, thats something kp cannot buy.

Its all about winning series and strauss is doing that very well right now.
You can't remain non-critical just because a Captain was winning. Ponting was winning, but he was mediocre and had attitude issues, which are showing up now ever since all the greats retired.

MSD's captaincy is coming under some scrutiny, despite all his success, and it should because he has made some odd decisions.

No one is perfect, and so we shouldn't remain afraid of being critical even if they are having success. Strauss is winning and is a good leader, but he is tactically weak, and if England's stars suddenly go out of form, will he be able to lead and inspire England to victories?

D

Dutch

The fact is that his batting average has increased since becoming captain and the statistics speak for themselves. Don't get me wrong we also know that Strauss isn't perfect and there have been a number of questionable decisions he has made during this series but overall there is no doubt that he is delivering the goods. Players respect him and he knows what he is doing. I think they the combination with Andy Flower works very well. He deserves just as much credit for the manner in which he has really built a team to be reckoned with. There are some big egos in that team but it is held together very well.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Kevin is a Perfect Cricket Player IMO.
Glad that he realized what he is.
No one would have said this, and I don't understand why actually is KP ****head, according to the thread starter.

Manly

Thor
No, they can't. Not an effective one, anyway.

I haven't got a 'cricketer's brain' to speak of but I sure as hell know I can lead a team with regards to motivation and keeping spirits high etc. That's what I mean about being a leader of men; I was the most senior-ranking cadet back at school @ Sergeant, so I know how to handle people. It's all about personality.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah you could but you said anyone could be a leader of men. Pietersen to me would be quite the opposite of a leader of men, for example, due to his self obsession with himself.

D

Dutch

Yeah you could but you said anyone could be a leader of men. Pietersen to me would be quite the opposite of a leader of men, for example, due to his self obsession with himself.

Having said that I could well imagine that KP has mellowed a bit and that the expereince of being knocked off his high horse has helped him to be more of a team player. And probably a much better potential leader and captain than he was. I like his cocky arrogance, that makes him such a fantastic player to watch. The last thing we want is KP becoming to mellow. look at the Aussies. A lot of them have lost that never say die arrogance and look what it has done to them. I am not saying there demise is only to do with that but long gone are the days that the Aussies were utterly invincible and that the moment you walked on that pitch you knew that it was going to be very, very tough. KP needs that edge, that fight too get the best out of himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not saying I want KP to lose his edge/arrogance, its what makes him tick, but I highly doubt that he'd be a good leader of men with his cranium that far into his own rectum.

Users who are viewing this thread