England In India - October 2011/12

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Surely England cannot risk Tremlett tomorrow? He's not been able to bowl a full net session today and given the quality of Finn/Bresnan, I just don't think it's worth risking him going down and us having 2 seamers and Swann on a wicket that is going to swing.

Question is, Bresnan or Finn?

Finn you'd say will take more wickets than Bresnan and is a like for like for Tremlett. Bresnan has control, is a consistent performer and will add great batting depth.

I think Finn is the more aggressive option, I'd go for Finn, I think they'll go Bresnan though!

P

pcfan123

Harbhajan%20Singh-Yuvraj%20Singh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Surely England cannot risk Tremlett tomorrow? He's not been able to bowl a full net session today and given the quality of Finn/Bresnan, I just don't think it's worth risking him going down and us having 2 seamers and Swann on a wicket that is going to swing.

Question is, Bresnan or Finn?

Finn you'd say will take more wickets than Bresnan and is a like for like for Tremlett. Bresnan has control, is a consistent performer and will add great batting depth.

I think Finn is the more aggressive option, I'd go for Finn, I think they'll go Bresnan though!

Got to be Bres for me. Offers so much more control. You can't serve up half volleys and longhops to good batsmen. Plus, as someone said, Bres strengthens the batting too.
Funny that I didn't rate him at all before the Ashes and now...

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Regarding the selection, I feel Bresnan deserves the nod ahead of Finn, these swinging conditions might tempt Strauss to improvise his batting depth given the conditions are probable enough for a batting collapse to occur. But that said, Finn has the knack of taking more wickets than Bresnan albeit at a relatively expensive cause, but Bresnan would do just about fine.

----------

Coming to India, why shouldn't Dravid open with Mukund is my question?! Yuvraj/Raina opening with Mukund would be as good as suicidal under these conditions imo. As someone said earlier, its better to be at 15-0 after 10 overs than 25-2. My probable XI:

Mukund
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman
Raina
Dhoni
Yuvraj
Harbhajan(?)
Praveen
Ishant
Sreesanth

Should India go with another seamer instead of Harbhajan after his telling contribution at the Lord's? Mishra replacing him won't do any good whatsoever given the awful number of no-balls that he bowls, and the not-so-friendly nature of the wicket towards spin bowlers.

Last edited:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Yea, I'd be temped to go with 4 seamers and let Yuvraj/Raina handle spin duties.

Dravid to open as well.

Mukund
Dravid
VVS
Sachin
Yuvraj
Raina
MSD (+)(*)
PK
Ishant
Munaf
Sree

...I have no faith in the side at all :/

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Me neither. Hope we can at least draw here.

These injuries are bull crap. This is our biggest series in a long long time ffs. I don't even care much about the Aussie tour in December. If we had a full strength team, or at least just one of Sehwag or Zaheer back and fully fit, this would be such a better contest. Hope someone can step up and make an impact tomorrow.

No Gambhir means we will be forced to play Dravid opening. That is a move you just don't want happening...grah

I don't see Harbhajan being dropped even after his shitty performance in the last test. I suspect he will pick up some tail end wickets now and his little 2fer or 3fer will keep him in the team for the rest of the series and for the decade to come. :rolleyes

Sree over Munaf for me, easily. We already have 1 trundler in Praveen and that is enough. On top of that Munaf isn't really a swing bowler and gets more deviation off the deck. Sree will get swing which is more effective at TB. Lets just hope he has a few good days instead of the bad ones; Sree on song is unplayable, whilst an off color Sreesanth is worse than anything else.
Mukund
Dravid
Laxman
Tendulkar
Yuvraj
Raina
Dhoni
Harbhajan
Praveen
Sreesanth
Ishant

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Oh God, I chose to view that post. I understand the facepalm now.

Mocking a Gay man. Wow. Can we ban him already?

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Why? He was clearly messing about. You guys fell for the bait.

Sorry, I don't appreciate this types of stupid jokes. Mark is the one who always starts posting some stupid ████ and then an Indian someone replies to him, other wise Indian such as User 2010 will come in and put a face palm. I am not saying any of them are right but you can check out who started this time. Hint: Just scroll your page up a little :)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Doesn't matter if Mark started it. You all have the power to ignore him instead of acting like complete idiots. It's not that difficult. Just don't reply.

And FFS what Sobi posted is downright homophobic. Laughing at a Gay man because he's Gay. That is not appropriate no matter what the context.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Sorry, I don't appreciate this types of stupid jokes. Mark is the one who always starts posting some stupid ████ and then an Indian someone replies to him, other wise Indian such as User 2010 will come in and put a face palm. I am not saying any of them are right but you can check out who started this time. Hint: Just scroll your page up a little :)

Won't it be better if Indians such as 'whoever' don't reply to him? As ZD said, he was messing about and you guys just fell for it. He has a reason to come back at you now. It's just a forum!

Completely off topic regarding thread but, on topic given the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread