England In India - October 2011/12

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Shocking decision. India cheating their way to some wickets. Yay for them bringing the game in to disrepute.

What about the one where the decision went in Cook's favor when he was clearly out???

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Extremely defensive on India's part by choosing to bowl.

Not really... Conditions are conducive to swing. And with India going with a makeshift opener, its always better to bat second. Even if the sun comes out in the afternoon and nullifies swing bowlers, we have Yuvraj, Raina and the ordinary Harbhajan to bowl spin in the afternoon and take load.

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Cook has it coming, he just survived a similar delivery from PK in previous over and now gone. Good start by India that Cook was the in form bastman coming to this series.

I think it will be better for India if Sachin will open the innings instead of Dravid, because Sachin used to be a opening batsman for India.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Shocking decision. India cheating their way to some wickets. Yay for them bringing the game in to disrepute.

Cook was finally served justice. He was out to Praveen Kumar but not given (that too by Asad Rauf). So far, both umpires have started with bloopers and luckily those two bloopers cancel themselves out since its the same batsman.

----------

Cook has it coming, he just survived a similar delivery from PK in previous over and now gone. Good start by India that Cook was the in form bastman coming to this series.

I think it will be better for India if Sachin will open the innings instead of Dravid, because Sachin used to be a opening batsman for India.

Oh, you kidding me. Opening in ODI's and opening in tests are different altogether. As much as Sachin has an excellent technique, I would back Dravid to survive against the new ball better than Sachin. And Sachin is a trump card, someone who ruffles the opposition just by entering the field of play (see the resounding ovation he gets everywhere). So to throw in your lynchpin at the very start is not wise.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The first shout looked good, but it would neither have been given nor overturned by UDRS. It was strange that the second was given when it was going over. I guess PK does reap the benefits of getting in close and bowling stump to stump, but unless the ball is really straightening or swinging in, it can be a bit frivolous to appeal. In most cases, if a left hander misses a dead straight one from a right arm over the wicket, then it's either pitched outside leg or missing off.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India

Hardly cheating. It's a flawed system but it is the same for both teams. The same thing can easily happen to England when they are bowling.

jacobfelix

International Coach
So, Gambir & Zaheer out....I am glad that there is no half fit/unfit player in the playing 11. Hopefully during the course of this test it stays so and there is no additional casualties....

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Except for the fact that England have always supported the Hawk Eye.

Had India referred Praveen's delivery to Cook - on field umpire's call - not out.

Cook's decision - had that been referred - wickets missing - not out.

But that said, India have thoroughly deserved this wicket, utilized the conditions pretty well and kept things under control. England's opening stand for the last few test matches is a bit of a concern. Starting from the tour of SL, they have failed to amass more than 42!

Sureshot

Executive member
What about the one where the decision went in Cook's favor when he was clearly out???

Clearly?

It just pitched on leg stump and he was a long way down the wicket. As others have said, he wouldn't have been out with UDRS in play and rightly so, there was enough doubt there.

Shravi - It's less flawed than using one guy who has to make a decision in a matter of seconds and cannot look at replay? No, it isn't. It's been conclusively proven to improve the accuracy of decisions. I don't care that it's not 100%, it's better than the umpire can make in a matter of seconds and makes fairer cricket for all.

India shall be held responsible for any bad decisions that cannot be overturned this series, I just have no respect for them while they continue this faceless crusade. We have the tools available to get rid of shocking decisions, but we're being forced to not use them due to some deluded reality the BCCI live in.

If we win this series, it'll make the victory even sweeter.

stefan

International Coach
Hardly cheating. It's a flawed system but it is the same for both teams. The same thing can easily happen to England when they are bowling.

Except that 1 side( and all other test playing nations) are in favor of using it but are being denied by 1 side. So its not quite the same for all sides, england are being forced to use half the drs system just like SA was forced to not have drs last summer because of india's stance.

Hawkeye improves decision not having it in place is reducing the accuracy.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The Sreesanth was getting the ball to move in a nice fashion against the left hander, but he was not making Strauss think too hard about his shots; however he lured Trott to a nick with ease.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Good start for India, making use of the conditions. So far, Dhoni's decision to bowl first is working. Hope it continues to work.

KP on!! I would say bring Yuvraj in for a over to make fun of KP:p:D

lewissaffin

Club Cricketer
A very interesting first hour. Yet more evidence why DRS is necessary and you can guarantee that the arguments would be louder had India not shot themselves in the foot with the first one.

Of course, the Indian bowling has been brilliant this morning. They've used the conditions perfectly and thoroughly deserve to be on top. These are, once again, perfect conditions for a Test Match and I only hope that the pitch still has some juice in it and the weather is cloudy when England come out to bowl. India still have a long way to go yet though - we bat down to 9, remember.

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Well done Sreesanth.:clap:clap

Dhoni never know how to use Sreesanth and how much potential he have, he will only use Sreesanth when he is forced liked this.

Users who are viewing this thread