How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

timchrist984

Club Captain
I played an ODI against England, Hard, Action Cam, Minimal HUD.

I batted first and went all out in 36 overs. David Hussey was left stranded on 84*. For England, Swann took 3-30 with Anderson and Bresnan picking up 2 wickets each. I made a grand total of 241.

In reply, the beastly Dougie Bollinger dominated, taking 5-21 as I rolled England 124. Morgan top scored with 29 as I won easily by 112 runs. Here is the scorecard:

IMG_2961.JPG

Blake84

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
These are two tests I played a few months ago as aus. Stats edits were pretty similar to the timchrist984 patch. I limit myself to ten lofted shots per innings. The second test went to 5.30 on day 5. Nearly a draw.

Attachments

• 340.jpg
    340.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 353.jpg
    353.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 93

timchrist984

Club Captain
Blake, what ratings did the Sri Lankan batsmen have for the first match? The AI was dismissed cheaply in both innings. Also, I see you were playing 2 spinners. What were Doherty and Kejza's ratings?

And why on earth was Kejza playing? He's a spud!

Blake84

School Cricketer
Yea, I've always liked Krezja. I figured he would get a run over there, didn't see Lyon coming. In the first test I had Sanga and Jayawardene maxed out and the others upped a bit on their original stats. In the second I had everyone close to max with a few personal touches like higher strength but lower judgement for Dilshan, lower strength for Paranavitana. Just so every batsmen is not exactly the same, although I dont know how much difference it makes. Playing two spinners worked pretty well. I was worried they would take to many wickets but apart from a Krezja 5 for they never really dominated. They can run through the tail though. They had spin ratings around 50 and overall around 65 with a few points of difference like higher spin, lower accuracy for Krezja, higher accuracy for Doherty etc.

Blake84

School Cricketer
Started a tour of South Africa as aus. 3 ODIs, 2 tests.

I am using the timchrist984 patch. I left the top batsmen (Amla, Smith, Kallis, Duminy) on full stats and reduced the rest the rest to 90.

1st ODI

After getting to 0/90 I was bowled out in the 47th over after Steyn,Morkel and Kallis came back with great second spells. Amla hit a great hundred to guide South Africa to a pretty easy win 5 wicket victory. At 3 down with 50 needed off 60 balls I dropped Duminy which cost me any chance. Wickets were pretty hard to come by but the run rate was reasonable.

2nd ODI

South Africa batted first and were bowled out 178 in 39 overs. Target was chased down with ease to give me a series levelling 8 wicket victory.

With the same stats I've had two very different results. With tight bowling and good fields I can keep their run rate down and I've had them out bowled, lbw, caught in close and in the outfield. I've had overs where I get slogged, spinners tying them down in the middle overs, even a double wicket maiden. So the verdict so far is, for me, playing as aus, these stats work very well.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 99
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

timchrist984

Club Captain
mmm, these are interesting results. Being bowled out for 178 is a bit worrying, but it happens all the time in real life so maybe not. I presume Doherty's rating 65, right? Also, did David Hussey get a bowl? I find he's a beast. Did you reduce ten from each of the 5 attributes or from the overall ratings?

Blake84

School Cricketer
Doherty is 65 with spin at 40 and accuracy pretty high. No David Hussey in my team. I did bowl him quite a bit when I played a world cup and he never did much. Mostly got slogged. I reduced timing, placement and judgement by ten and left strength and running speed as you had them.

Blake84

School Cricketer
3rd ODI

A few changes in team lineups with Warner coming in for Watson who is being rested ahead of the test series and Pattinson in for the injured Brett Lee. For SA Robin Peterson replaces Tsotsobe.

I was in trouble at 5/80 then Haddin and Smith put on 120, smashing the spinners around in the middle overs. Doherty made a handy 25 to get me to a decent score but I failed to bat out the 50 overs again. Bollinger got Smith for a golden duck then Kallis and Amla put on 50. Bollinger then got Amala in his second spell which triggered a collapse and SA wre 5/100. Kallis played a great innings and his partnership with Du Plessis got them back in the game but again Bollinger came back with the big wicket getting Kallis and sealing the game for aus, the series for aus 2-1 and the man of the series award.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 47

Blake84

School Cricketer
Same as the first two games. So it's your stats with top batsmen, Smith Kallis, Amla maxed out. But i took ten off the other batsmen, Ingram, Du Plessis etc. (I made a new Du Plesssis)

I took some great catches and didn't drop any so I think these stats can still produce big scores as in game 1 where they chased my score down easily and would have scored 300+.

Last edited:

tkfisher

School Cricketer
Test Series

I am currently in a 5 match test series with Australia, playing as India on Hard mode with minimal batting and bowling HUD. To somewhat of a disappointment, the bowling in the game is far too easy as you will see by my results.

1st test at Melbourne Cricket Ground

Australia won the toss and chose to field

India 1st innings: 439/8 dec. 136 overs
Top Bats
Tendulkar 194 (343)
Laxman 82 (149)

Top Bowlers
Johnson 2-71 (27.0)
Bollinger 2-117 (32.0)

Australia 1st innings: 247 a/o 63.3 overs
Top Bats
Watson 96 (168)
Katich 39 (101)

Top Bowlers
Mishra 4-44 (10.3)
Sehwag 2-10 (2.0)

India 2nd innings: 240 a/o 82.4 overs

Top Bats
Dhoni 63 (143)
Y. Singh 62 (78)

Top Bowlers
Bollinger 4-36 (23.4)
Johnson 3-38 (14.0)

Australia 2nd innings: 248 a/o 66.3 overs
Top Bats Watson 90 (137)
Hussey 63 (86)

India won the match by 184 runs

2nd Test at Sydney Cricket Ground

Australia won the toss and chose to field

India 1st innings: 333 a/o 92.2 overs
Top Bats
Gambhir 73 (117)
Dravid 58 (87)

Top Bowlers
Hauritz 5-107 (19.2)
North 3-55 (17.0)

Australia 1st innings: 222 a/o 54.1 overs
Top Bats
Ponting 53 (71)
Haddin 43 (81)

Top Bowlers
Sharma 4-51 (14.1)
Mishra 4-61 (14.0)

India 2nd innings: 267 a/o 88.0 overs
Top Bats
Dravid 62 (104)
Y. Singh 58 (92)

Top Bowlers
Johnson 4-52 (16.0)
Bollinger 2-73 (27.0)

Australia 2nd innings: 279 a/o 70.2 overs
Top Bats
Watson 64 (109)
Ponting 60 (73)

Top Bowlers
H. Singh 4-89 (21.0)
Y. Singh 3-8 (2.1)

India won the match by 99 runs

Have not yet started the third match, but it bothers me at how quickly it is to pick up wickets. Does anyone know of a way other than changing their stats to better the AI batting? ie bowling without HUD on? If anyone has tried this, please let me know how it went because I certainly don't want to raise the AI run rate more than it already is, but I do want it to be harder to pick up wickets. Thanks

Last edited:

timchrist984

Club Captain
If you have the ps3 version, you can download my roster with stats that lead to tougher gameplay (batting and bowling). If you have the 360 version, you can download Zimrahil's roster with stats that lead to tougher Gameplay.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
If anyone has tried this, please let me know how it went because I certainly don't want to raise the AI run rate more than it already is, but I do want it to be harder to pick up wickets. Thanks

I find its not only enough to up the AI stats, you have to lower your bowlers too. If you get the right blend doing this you can have a decent test match. If you reduce the AI "strength" you wont get slogged to much either. ;)

Watson33

Club Cricketer
Fired up this game for the first time in ages, was kind of hoping to hold out until a new cricket game came out, but looks like theres no point in doing that so I gave this a shot, and actually enjoyed it :) Played a one-off Twenty20 vs Australia on hard.

Australia vs England, 20 overs, Lord's Cricket Ground.

Toss won by Australia who elected to bat first.

Australia: 190/4 (20.0 overs)

S.Watson- c.Avey b.Anderson- 37
D.Warner- b.Swann- 61
R.Ponting- Not Out- 44
M.Clarke- b.Swann- 1
M.Hussey- st.Avey b.Swann- 14
D.Hussey- Not Out- 33
B.Haddin
S.Smith
M.Johnson
B.Hilfenhaus
D.Bollinger

Extras: 0b, 0lb, 0wd, 0nb

J.Anderson- 4.0-0-1-44
S.Broad- 4.0-0-0-24
A.Flintoff- 3.0-0-0-20
T.Bresnan- 2.0-0-0-30
P.Collingwood- 3.0-0-0-40
G.Swann- 4.0-1-3-32

England: 192/3 (17.0 overs)

I.Bell- b.Bollinger- 0
A.Avey- c&b.Smith- 81
K.Pietersen- LBW.Bollinger- 19
E.Morgan- Not Out- 50
A.Flintoff- Not Out- 42.
P.Collingwood
R.Bopara
S.Broad
G.Swann
T.Bresnan
J.Anderson

Extras: 0b, 0lb, 0wd, 0nb

England won the match by 7 wickets.

Review: It was a tricky game for the bowlers, on a pitch that if you didn't hit the right length, it went and went long! Swann was the pick of the bowlers for England, and also a rare moment on IC2010, a stumping! In reply, I made the worst possible start, losing Ian Bell first ball, before a good 81 from my created player saved the game, and coupled with impressive knocks from Morgan and Flintoff, finished the game off well.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just recently got back into playing this game. Never did enjoy the bowling so I bat both teams innings so effectively chasing down my own score. Still very enjoyable.
Was just wondering if there is any news on a possible new cricket game for 2012?
Thanks! :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread