London 2012 Olympics

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Apparently we're to blame the IOC not the BBC but the TV coverage of the men's cycle road race was dire. Looked totally amateur compared to the Tour de France coverage earlier this month. No info on gaps, timings, riders. Nothing.
The lead commentator was also a complete idiot.
Won by an unrepentant drug cheat whom the BBC promptly described as a "popular winner".

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well played, Team GB girls - a comprehensive performance against Cameroon - a side who, like Senegal's men, tried to kick them off the pitch. What is it with these African teams and their overly physical approach?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Wow, after all that hype, Lochte demolished Phelps, who didn't even get a medal (swimming. ;) )

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Apparently we're to blame the IOC not the BBC but the TV coverage of the men's cycle road race was dire. Looked totally amateur compared to the Tour de France coverage earlier this month. No info on gaps, timings, riders. Nothing.
The lead commentator was also a complete idiot.
Won by an unrepentant drug cheat whom the BBC promptly described as a "popular winner".

I watched the first half of it, and I feel a bit ripped off in the end that a druggie won it. We had our own commentators who were alright, although because of the average coverage they never knew what was happening with the two New Zealand riders. In the end one of them got 10th, which was a pretty good effort from someone who didn't ride in the Tour de France. The Brits like Wiggins come across as dickheads and most of the other Europeans are on drugs, so tbh I would've been more than happy if an Aussie had won it.

Our men's rowing pair smashed the world record in the heats, but as expected there were no medal's for us on day one.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Pretty awesome way to wake up this morning. Aussies take gold in the women's 4x100m freestyle or something, with those sexy Dutch coming from behind to take silver from the yanks and poms.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Our overall coverage is so BS. We already pay like $75 a month to get Sky Sports, and I found out yesterday that that only gets us 5 out of the 8 Olympic channels. To get the other 3 channels you have to be paying $100 a month, so there's almost a 50 - 50 chance that I won't get to see something that I want to watch, like tonight the NZ - Aus Women's Hockey match is on one of those 3 extra channels, and pretty much following that is the NZ - Egypt Men's Football match on the same channel that we don't get, wtf aye.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
That's Sky Sports for you, bit strange why they didn't put them on one of the usual channels though.

Surprising victory for the 4x100m women and not only that they also got the OR with it. I believe the WR was done in the textile suit but still they even beat the old OR which definitely was set in those suits.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Can you not watch online? Sky has 40 Olympic channels here and every event is also streamed online.

Regarding the cycling I thought it was pretty funny that Vinokourov won :D

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Pretty ---- way to wake up this morning. Aussies heavy favourites for the men's 4x100m freestyle, and failed miserably. Only team member I'd heard of is James Magnussen and he seems like a douche anyway.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Very bad day, yesterday for India. Archers, shuttlers, shooters all crashed out. Shuttler V.Diju looked as if he was cemented on the court barring the five minutes play in second set when the rivals went from 11 points to 16 points. Even Virender Sehwag's foot movement seemed better than what Diju had on display yesterday.

----------

Watched Natalia Partyka's match. The table tennis player from Polland was leading at one stage before narrowly losing to her rival and trust me she was more dominant (aggressive) in the match than her counterpart which impressed me so much.

536708_401116556604986_1061583721_n.jpg

Fenil

Finally something to cheer for India. Gagan Narang has won the Bronze in 10 metre air rifle event a few moments back opening the a/c for the country after Beijing Olympics gold medalist Abhinav Bindra failed to make it to the final earlier today. That said, the 2 back to back bad shots by Narang made him slip otherwise he was looking all set for a silver.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Well played, GB's Gymnasts! First medal for a hundred years, that definitely deserves a mention - a bronze. Could've been a silver but there was some kinda protest from the Japanese, so we got dropped to bronze.

Still no flamin' gold yet!

And some really good football yesterday by Team GB as well - a draw vs Uruguay puts us through. :)

To me, a medal is a medal, regardless of the sport. ;)

Edit: Does anyone understand exactly what Japan were whining about anyway, that cost us a silver?

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
It's even more amusing considering it's a few countries rolled into one team :p

Speaking of which - all this nonsense about the anthem? It's England that should feel aggrieved - Wales, Scotland and Ireland all have their own anthem, whereas ours is actually the British anthem! Our anthem should be 'Land of Hope and Glory' - end of.

When's Vicky P and all the other cyclists getting started? That's sure to increase our medal tally - and break the Gold duck.

Fenil

Phelps is just one medal away from being the most 'decorated' player in Olympics history and he has quite a few events to go. If that does happen, which I'm sure it will, it will be a proud moment for Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread