London 2012 Olympics

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
The showers of gold are flowing heavily now. Up to 6 for the Aussies, sitting in a very impressive 10th place overall. Not bad for a lone country representing around 20 million people. Sure puts those countries with 200m-1b to shame.

not this again

you aussies have enough space by the looks of things, that you've only got 20 million people is your fault. :p

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok, Masterblaster, you made it sound like it was something horrible... the defacing/graffiti was someone writing "GO JESS" on it :lol

Eh?

The article said 'vandalised'! I didn't actually see any pictures - 'vandalised' usually speaks for itself. Spraying a message of support on it isn't what I'd call vandalising it. :rolleyes:

Searched for pictures just now, and couldn't find any.

----------

not this again

you aussies have enough space by the looks of things, that you've only got 20 million people is your fault. :p

Yeah - here we have this overpopulated little grain of universal dust, our planet, yet in Australia, there are miles and miles of unpopulated land!

If we're going to get into this, didn't they say that going by a country's population alone, Great Britain is the most successful nation at these Olympics? :D

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I can sort of see where they're coming from though - I mean, it won't look too classy with 'GO JESS' daubed across it. Still, didn't take 'em too long to repaint it by the sounds of things.

I wonder how long they're going to keep 'em painted gold for...

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Some people have scratched their initials into the one for the rower. Which is somewhat worse definitely. It would actually be quite cool if people did just write tons of messages of support on them :) A load of messages saying well done, congratulations, go Jess etc... would be pretty cool.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Another golden postbox due to sprout up somewhere - a gold and bronze in Dressage - sort of like making horses dance. :D It looks really funny. :lol:lol And Gabby will get to do her Spandau Ballet dance again. :D

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah not really sure Dressage is an Olympic sport personally. All for cross country and the show jumping etc... But Dressage, hmm, not sure.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Yeah not really sure Dressage is an Olympic sport personally. All for cross country and the show jumping etc... But Dressage, hmm, not sure.

Agreed - doesn't seem like much of a 'sport', but a GB gold is a GB gold, eh? :)

Nicola Adams - Gold for GB! Bit of history there for her - winning the first ever gold for women's Boxing. Gold postbox incoming to Leeds...

Last edited:

Auwais

International Coach
Call me a sceptic but it's only still in the Olympics because of the power of the people who support it.

If something like Windsurfing, for example, had the support of these toffs, it wouldn't have been removed from future Olympics.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Absolutely dominant from Adams. If she was my wife, I'd start fights everywhere I went :p

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Apparently, China are determined to win all the medals in the future. Arrogant twats. Have you seen how they train their kids? I saw on the news some kid or other doing a handstand - she was almost crying, but did her coach let her get down?

I hope the USA overtake China in the medal table now.

Users who are viewing this thread