Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I guess yes.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
After such a good opening ceremony, great games, and all round positive Olympics, I can't quite get over how terrible this closing ceremony is :eek:

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
But we can't stop to closing ceremony .:(

P

pcfan123

Not bad, wish some of those silvers were golds though.

Good job to China, this will be a fun Olympic rivalry over the next few decades.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
A great rivalry between China and USA in Olympics .

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Great performance by Sushil Kumar yersterday in the wrestling sport.Though he lost in the final,got silver medal.
India got 6 medals in total.:)

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I'm probably biased but I though that was a rather slickly run Olympics was expecting something somewhere to go majorly wrong.

The only issue was the tickets on the first day but that wasnt a London specific problem.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
For anyone who missed these:

1. Weightlifting commentator: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing."

2. Dressage commentator: "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."

4. Boxing Analyst: "Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious."

5. Softball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."

6. Basketball analyst: "He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces."

7. At the rowing medal ceremony: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew."

8. Soccer commentator: "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."

9. Tennis commentator: "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them... Oh my God, what have I just said?

Chewie

BCCI President
I posted those elsewhere and we concluded that most of them are either made up or not from these olympics

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I'm probably biased but I though that was a rather slickly run Olympics was expecting something somewhere to go majorly wrong.

The only issue was the tickets on the first day but that wasnt a London specific problem.

You should have more faith in your country. ;) I didn't think anything would go wrong logistically speaking, but I was not expecting third in the table and 29 golds!

By the way, did you guys hear Absolute Radio played 'Gold' by Spandau Ballet 29 times this morning? :eek:

Loved the closing ceremony. That bit with 'Freddie Mercury' leading the crowd was fantastic! All I can say is Rio has its work cut out to top these Games. And now the world knows what it's missing out on not giving England (or even Great Britain) the World Cup!

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I thought as far as the actual sports and organisation went it was pretty excellent. still have my reservations about how smart it was hosting it in the first place in all honest, 3 months down the line and it will feel like a distant memory, we'll have loads of debt to pay of in an increasingly unstable economy and nowt but lots of extremely expensive sports facilities in london to show for it. the work that comes after is as, if not more, important than the actual event, especially right now.

however, loads of good things.

highlights: mo farah was the british star, pinched it from jess ennis. bradley wiggins almost casually getting gold to just ice the cake on his tour de france title was good. laura trott in the cycling. Hoy becoming our most successful olympian was great. t'was nice to see the two womens rowers get golds after loads of world championship titles but lots of olympic silvers. and though usually I think the tennis isn't that important at the olympics seeing andy murray trash federer in the final was a personal stand out moment.

Rudisha in the 800m was one of the international stars, Ye Shiwen from china and Zonderland was ridiculous on the horizontal bar. also, though they didn't get much notice the italian fencing team were incredible. the big men usain bolt and phelps cementing their legacy as all-time greats.

Lows: the ticketing situation and seeing the royal family and toffy tories ponce about like they owned the place. boris johnson claiming credit for everything and seb coe just being is general usual nob self.

Pendleton was a bit of a let down really, still a good games from her but I think she's glad that's her done with racing and the drive just beginning to fade was probably what took the edge off her and let the mistakes creep in. (she was breaking the rules when she was elbowed, I have no qualms about that decision)

Drugs reared over the thing again. wasn't happy about the turkish ex drug cheat winning the 1500m, nor Gatlin medalling above tyson gay in the 100m. Accusations of drug taking also cast a cloud over some events. There was no need for Justin Leonard to question ye shiwen, WADA try and find drug cheats and public speculation doesn't help them. all they do is ruin a potentially innocent athletes big moment. she may have taken drugs, she may get caught, but justin leonard whinging has no effect on whether she does or doesn't. the french moaning about us was equally annoying.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I thought as far as the actual sports and organisation went it was pretty excellent. still have my reservations about how smart it was hosting it in the first place in all honest, 3 months down the line and it will feel like a distant memory, we'll have loads of debt to pay of in an increasingly unstable economy and nowt but lots of extremely expensive sports facilities in london to show for it. the work that comes after is as, if not more, important than the actual event, especially right now.

however, loads of good things.

highlights: mo farah was the british star, pinched it from jess ennis. bradley wiggins almost casually getting gold to just ice the cake on his tour de france title was good. laura trott in the cycling. Hoy becoming our most successful olympian was great. t'was nice to see the two womens rowers get golds after loads of world championship titles but lots of olympic silvers. and though usually I think the tennis isn't that important at the olympics seeing andy murray trash federer in the final was a personal stand out moment.

Rudisha in the 800m was one of the international stars, Ye Shiwen from china and Zonderland was ridiculous on the horizontal bar. also, though they didn't get much notice the italian fencing team were incredible. the big men usain bolt and phelps cementing their legacy as all-time greats.

Lows: the ticketing situation and seeing the royal family and toffy tories ponce about like they owned the place. boris johnson claiming credit for everything and seb coe just being is general usual nob self.

Pendleton was a bit of a let down really, still a good games from her but I think she's glad that's her done with racing and the drive just beginning to fade was probably what took the edge off her and let the mistakes creep in. (she was breaking the rules when she was elbowed, I have no qualms about that decision)

Drugs reared over the thing again. wasn't happy about the turkish ex drug cheat winning the 1500m, nor Gatlin medalling above tyson gay in the 100m. Accusations of drug taking also cast a cloud over some events. There was no need for Justin Leonard to question ye shiwen, WADA try and find drug cheats and public speculation doesn't help them. all they do is ruin a potentially innocent athletes big moment. she may have taken drugs, she may get caught, but justin leonard whinging has no effect on whether she does or doesn't. the french moaning about us was equally annoying.

Drugs are always going to pop up at Olympics, which is a shame. French whinging about our wheels was amusing and Vicky P didn't let anyone down - she came away with a gold and silver!

She could embark upon a new career as a model if she so wishes. ;)

P

pcfan123

LOL, my University won more medals than NZ

NDEOO.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread