Weekly Question Time 1 - your questions answered

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Have been following most threads of this game. Looks promising. Watching the video now.

EDIT: HEARING the video now! :p

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
It's great to hear the animations are all new. And, eagerly waiting for those visuals mentioned in the podcast. 2013 is going to be a fantastic year!

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Looking forward to the next dev diary :D

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Thanks chief, i enjoyed listening to the questions.

Look forward to the next one or anymore news you can give us.
Ok now to a quick question, how has the ball hitting the body improved.
Will we see more LB and things like that, LB are the most common extra in
cricket so i feel it's important for the game as ic2010 was weak in this area.

Thanks for your time and hoping i get a replay soon.:D

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Thanks chief, i enjoyed listening to the questions.

Look forward to the next one or anymore news you can give us.
Ok now to a quick question, how has the ball hitting the body improved.
Will we see more LB and things like that, LB are the most common extra in
cricket so i feel it's important for the game as ic2010 was weak in this area.

Thanks for your time and hoping i get a replay soon.:D

Glad people enjoyed it: for every time I assume this stuff is interesting for you guys, there are others when I worry that it's just me blabbing on when all you want is screenshots... ;)

There's another video on the way soon, and another not far behind that... I'll also aim to do another podcast this side of Xmas assuming there are enough questions to answer: those will get more regular later on as the videos going into more detail roll out...

As for this question, Mr 79Cricket sir, I shall put it at the top of the list for the next podcast so I can go into a bit of detail! Thanks again!

superfreddie

Club Captain
All sounds very promising chief, glad to here variety such as leg byes, bat pads, inside edges etc is a top priority. Please keep the info coming no matter how small, we do appreciate it.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Hi chief and thanks for the quick replay.

Screenshots, must be the most annoying request for you.
Still you can understand people want to see what the game looks like.
To be honest you showing how your engine works with extras,edges and other
hard to code cricket stuff is far more important than few ashes 2013 shots.

Still i'm not saying i don't want some like everyone else on this site but screenshots
always look good but when the game is in motion is a lot more important for us all.

Ok now for a new question, have you thought of secret ashes teams that are licenced.
Like the don team or steve waugh and the top ricky ponting teams over the last say 10 years.
I would love to use steve and mark waugh again, reminds me of the great shane warne 99 i played
to death for so long. Same goes for english great teams hahahahah, maybe the newest team.:p

Thanks for your time chief :D p.s No ricky ponting on the front cover again, maybe time for
a new face or the whole team for both aus and england, maybe release the game in two covers
in aus and the uk, so we can pick.:)

superfreddie

Club Captain
Hi chief and thanks for the quick replay.

Screenshots, must be the most annoying request for you.
Still you can understand people want to see what the game looks like.
To be honest you showing how your engine works with extras,edges and other
hard to code cricket stuff is far more important than few ashes 2013 shots.

Still i'm not saying i don't want some like everyone else on this site but screenshots
always look good but when the game is in motion is a lot more important for us all.

Ok now for a new question, have you thought of secret ashes teams that are licenced.
Like the don team or steve waugh and the top ricky ponting teams over the last say 10 years.
I would love to use steve and mark waugh again, reminds me of the great shane warne 99 i played
to death for so long. Same goes for english great teams hahahahah, maybe the newest team.:p

Thanks for your time chief :D p.s No ricky ponting on the front cover again, maybe time for
a new face or the whole team for both aus and england, maybe release the game in two covers
in aus and the uk, so we can pick.:)

Or the ashes winners of 81, 85, 86/87 and not forgetting the awesome 2005, 2009 2010/11 teams.

But seriously I love the idea of classic teams, and how about being able to create our own from each country, that would be awesome. If we can edit enough then we can accurately create our own teams.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
no mention of playing or missing. This has hardly ever featured properly in any cricket game and is a fundamental part of the game

I want to bowl as a spinner and on turning wickets constantly beat the bat (don't what loads of wickets each time though) and when batting on turning pitch want the ball to beat me if don't read delivery correctly etc

Final balance needed to avoid lots of wicket taking deliveries but must be possible

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Did I hear something about difficulty sliders? There are some guys here who will remember me banging on about this for many years. :D

Users who are viewing this thread