Limiting Piracy of Cricket Games

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Considering the fact that a movie and dinner outing (in metros in India) costs nearly 500 bucks, I think charging that much for a good game is too less. Rs. 999 is perfect in my opinion (plays on your mind psychologically since it's not in four digits).

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Considering the fact that a movie and dinner outing (in metros in India) costs nearly 500 bucks, I think charging that much for a good game is too less. Rs. 999 is perfect in my opinion (plays on your mind psychologically since it's not in four digits).

Even Rs. 999 is still over 3 times less expensive than the retail price elsewhere...

Movie and dinner is around 500 INR? Interesting. Is that for one? In fact, can you break that down? Like how much is the movie ticket?
Does anyone know how much an iPad costs in India? Or a Big Mac (although i believe they call it something else as it's made with Chicken there?)?

Pat

International Coach
Even Rs. 999 is still over 3 times less expensive than the retail price elsewhere...

Movie and dinner is around 500 INR? Interesting. Is that for one? In fact, can you break that down? Like how much is the movie ticket?
Does anyone know how much an iPad costs in India? Or a Big Mac (although i believe they call it something else as it's made with Chicken there?)?

Agreed about it being less expensive than other countries but unfortunately that's how things roll around here (considering the average income of a family compared to families in other countries).

Yes, those numbers are for one person. A movie ticket costs anywhere between Rs. 180-300 depending on which location/category of the cinema house you go.

I would say it's normal in the metros for a middle-class family to spend around 200-300 on a dinner outing per person.

iPad 16 GB Wifi-only sells for ~ Rs. 29000.

Last edited:

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Agreed about it being less expensive than other countries but unfortunately that's how things roll around here (considering the average income of a family compared to families in other countries).

Yes, those numbers are for one person. A movie ticket costs anywhere between Rs. 180-300 depending on which location/category of the cinema house you go.

I would say it's normal in the metros for a middle-class family to spend around 200-300 on a dinner outing per person.

iPad 16 GB Wifi-only sells for ~ Rs. 29000.

Interesting. Thanks for that.
The movie tickets and the dinner look like the same sort of ratio that the suggestions of game price - Both would typically be about 5 times more expensive in England and Australia. Interestingly the iPad price looks about the same as elsewhere...

Pat

International Coach
One important thing here is that people here can (do?) have the money for spending on hardware. It's very typical of a lot of people here to think "software is/should always be free". That's because since years we have been purchasing PCs without paying for software (pirated windows) and hence that legacy still continues. Lack of awareness is also an important factor.

When I tell my friends that I always pay for my Apps (Android) and games, they give me this weird look like I am an idiot wasting money on things which should be had for free.

I see that the trend is changing these days but it's still pretty bad honestly. I am a developer (and I code for a living) so I know how it feels when someone else earns from your hard-work.

Last edited:

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
First release it on consoles and then 3 or more months later release it on PC, that's what Rockstar games does with GTA, they release it like 6 months later after consoles release lol.

Last edited:

79cricket

Panel of Selectors

So chief, I guess u guys have to work out where the
Right price is, do u go for 999 or around double or
Triple. It's a hard world out there, u have the backing
Of everyone on here, I hope u work it out for the
Future of cricket games and also the many jobs in
Ashes 2013 and bigant cricket 2013.

P.s A quick question chief, how many staff in trickstat ?

----------

First release it on consoles and then 3 or more months later release it on PC, that's what Rockstar games does with GTA, they release it like 6 months later after consoles release lol.

God this is gold chief, I agree 100%.
Also I will be shot for this, sorry guys.
That's all over the world, u will make 60% of your
Money of consoles. P.s that's a guess.

If u do it this way, u can tweak the game for 3 to 6
Months so the pc boys get the best version.

Consoles june21, pc around ashes time in aus.:)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
That may work for a game like GTA but cricket, and especially an Ashes-themed game, has time considerations. Less important in India maybe but you don't want to release an Ashes game after the series finishes.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
That may work for a game like GTA but cricket, and especially an Ashes-themed game, has time considerations. Less important in India maybe but you don't want to release an Ashes game after the series finishes.

There are two ashes this year mate, no problem there.
In the end it's up to chief and 505 games.:thumbs

anveshs

Club Cricketer

I agree with Matt,no point in releasing it for PC after the Ashes is done..

----------

There are two ashes this year mate, no problem there.
In the end it's up to chief and 505 games.:thumbs

Chief has already specified that it would be released for pc as well with the consoles:)...

naveenncc

Banned
ya the game price will be around 1500 becoz in india movie + kfc = 1000 . if we able able to spent 1000 on eating in morning its go outside , but if we purchase its mean we feel pleasure and kept with us more than ayear . out of 100 crores population in india if 500000 people purchase u get around 75 crores

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Chief, for what it's worth Movies are ridiculously cheap pretty much everywhere outside of the Western countries. ...most of the theatre places make their money through ancillary sales. I have a contact who works in the cinema industry here, if you'd like specific numbers just shoot me a message - but the short version is Cinema operators in the Sub-Continent, Middle-East and Asian areas aren't making any money out of ticket sales... they make their profit on F&B, the ticket just gets people through the doors... The security keeps the cheaper foods out ;)

sahilnatu

Club Captain
Chief, for what it's worth Movies are ridiculously cheap pretty much everywhere outside of the Western countries. ...most of the theatre places make their money through ancillary sales. I have a contact who works in the cinema industry here, if you'd like specific numbers just shoot me a message - but the short version is Cinema operators in the Sub-Continent, Middle-East and Asian areas aren't making any money out of ticket sales... they make their profit on F&B, the ticket just gets people through the doors... The security keeps the cheaper foods out ;)

Bang on Target. That's absolutely true! :)

Pat

International Coach

Umm..I don't think so. Movie ticket prices here in India are ridiculously high (considering the scale of economies). I am not sure where you get that they don't make any money out of ticket sales (or if it is specific to a country, because I doubt it's true in India).

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
I know one thing for sure, price near the 1000 or above will definitely gonna lower the sales in India. Most of the gaming population are teens and good luck convincing them to purchase the game at this price point, rather than pirating it.....

Users who are viewing this thread