Cricket game for the Nintendo Wii

syndex

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
There is a cricket videogame that is currently in the works where, amongst other things, it will be released for the Nintendo Wii console.

There is no official press release about this game as yet, and coupled with the confidential nature of the details surrounding this game, my source cannot divulge the exact game title, the name of the publisher, the developer, or any other game-specific features or functionality at this time.

All I want to say for now, is that for those who have been speculating on a proper cricket videogame that makes use of the Nintendo Wii console's capabilities - your prayers/petitions/begging/pleas have finally been heard :clap

Or the publisher/developer(s) involved must have finally wised up to the widespread appeal this type of cricket game will have for videogamers and cricket fans alike ;)

Whichever way one looks at it, this game is expected to come out before the end of this year - and I daresay it will make an impression when it does get released :)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Suprised no-one has commented on this thread. I have it on good authority this announcement is genuine and cricket will indeed be coming to the Nintendo Wii.
Bring it on.

syndex

School Cricketer
Suprised no-one has commented on this thread. I have it on good authority this announcement is genuine and cricket will indeed be coming to the Nintendo Wii.
Bring it on.

I'm a bit surprised as well - I wouldn't have thought that the interest for a Nintendo Wii cricket videogame has recently died down, certainly not on this forum? :confused:

Given that EA Sports president Peter Moore has effectively denied the announcement of an EA Cricket game of any kind, I'd say EA has let slip a golden opportunity in creating and marketing a Nintendo Wii cricket game.

This means that the developers of the game that my source had been made privy to, will be the first to market - a potentially major win for them.

syndex

School Cricketer
Now that there's been an official press release regarding Ashes Cricket 2009 for the Wii, I guess this thread is no longer necessary - Ashes Cricket 2009 was the mystery game that I had been referring to in this thread, but was not comfortable in talking about in terms of specific details for the past couple of months due to signed NDAs, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread