Cricket Game for the Wii?

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Let's hope for the best... Perhaps in a few years!

DaveG

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have been thinking about this for some time and it would be absolutely brilliant to have a cricket game on the Wii. I can understand it would be hard to develop but it would be brillaint and a great use of the new technology.

This is what i came up with for bowling:

First of all you place the area which you want the bowler to bowl by moving the controller around and then this:

Fast, Fast Medium, Medium Fast, Medium

Swing down ? normal delivery, tilt to use cutters
A Button ? Slower ball
B Button (trigger) ? Special disguise ball button ? slower ball/ bouncer
Up ? try reverse swing (inswing) only for fast and fast mediums 80mph+
Down ? try reverse swing (outswing) only for fast and fast mediums 80mph+
Left ? press when swing down to outswing
Right ? press when swung down to inswing

The faster you swing the Wiimote down, the faster the ball will go but probably the less accurate it will be because of increased speed = less consistency of position of Wiimote

Off spin

Swing down ? normal delivery, twist wrist clockwise to spin the ball (quicker the turn, the more spin on the ball, but less accurate it would be see above)
A Button ?
B Button (trigger) ? doosra (only for some off spinners)
Up ? quicker ball
Down ? slower ball
Left ? no use
Right ? no use (both could possibly be used for drift)

Leg spin

Swing down ? normal delivery, twist wrist anticlockwise to spin the ball (quicker the turn, the more spin on the ball, but less accurate it would be see above)
A Button ? slider (straight ball)
B Button (trigger) ? googly (only for some leg spinners)
Up ? top spinner
Down ? flipper (only for some leg spinners)
Left ? no use
Right ? no use (both could possibly be used for drift)

I understand this may not all be correct but it's what I could think up just now.

A cricket game on the Wii would be amazing. I would play it along with many of my mates.

Mikeyw12345

School Cricketer
I think Cricket on the Wii is a great idea and i'd love to see it!

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
there was a revie won cricinfo (where it normally has book reviews) for a game that was released (not for consoles) where you had a bat, it got slated as it didnt work properly

but if the wii did one, and got it even close to being right, it would be my favourite game of all time

Mikeyw12345

School Cricketer
I would love it too! It would probably be my favourite game too!

Dydl

Club Cricketer
FreddieFan said:
Well, I was watching this video (there is a box near the top of the page, if you wait a few seconds it should start) earlier, and looking at the tennis, golf and baseball games shown, it occured to me that you could make an absolutely incredible cricket game.

The controller (which I believe is called a Wii-mote) has motion sensors inside it -

The technology is obviously there and capable of making a cricket game. Can you imagine standing there, holding a controller like a bat and hitting Glenn McGrath through the covers for 4, by actual physical movement instead of pressing the right button at the right time?

Now, I imagine the costs for making a game like this would be quite large, so they'd have to have guarenteed sales to make it. However, the Wii is going to be the cheapest of the next-gen consoles (I believe Nintendo have announced that it will be no more than $250 (?133) on release), which will help, it has a few killer launch titles (the new Zelda game, the new Mario game, and the new Metroid game, among others) and I can imagine a lot of people (myself included) buying it simply because it's so cool to do something ourselves for once - one example shown in the video is a swordfight, with the player using the control like a sword and his movements being replicated in the game. Hopefully, the Wii should sell enough to make a cricket game financially viable.

Apart from being hugely fun to play, a cricket game on the Wii could even be benficial, allowing players to practise their technique in a safe and fun environment.

What do you think, people? IS it a real possibility or jusy my wishful thinking? And would a decent cricket game persuade you to but a Wii just to play it?

I've already pre-ordered Wii, so the matter of whether I'd get it for a cricket game isn't really relevant. My friend (who is an avid fan of all things Nintendo-made, and especially Wii) told me the other day that some company (he has no idea about cricket or anything, just knows that I'm interested in it) which is not EA (apparently) has said that they are going to make a cricket game for Wii.

Yes, the controller is called a Wii-mote (Wii remote actually, Wii-mote is just the shortened version) and it does have motion sensors. :cool:

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
I pre-ordered my Wii too :D. But the chances that a company like EA or Codemasters to put a gamble onto a cricket game on the Wii is pretty slim.

LA ICE-E

Club Cricketer
this should be in the ea and brian lara and cricket life threads so they get this for next release

manee

Chairman of Selectors
ste_mc_efc said:
there was a revie won cricinfo (where it normally has book reviews) for a game that was released (not for consoles) where you had a bat, it got slated as it didnt work properly

but if the wii did one, and got it even close to being right, it would be my favourite game of all time

It doesnt; it is the biggest pile of rubbish ever.

NOONE BUY IT, the sensor is rubbish, the bat is too small, the shots dont work and frankly it is the worst game ever.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
manee said:
It doesnt; it is the biggest pile of rubbish ever.

NOONE BUY IT, the sensor is rubbish, the bat is too small, the shots dont work and frankly it is the worst game ever.
The size of the bat has got nothing to do with it. You can't expect for a full size bat to swing around in your living room can you?!

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Well that may have been a cheap shot, but the plug and play cricket game I have is pants

Users who are viewing this thread