Release Date situation insight from reviewer perspective

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Really, does it even matter? Who the hell cares if you use 'myself' instead of 'I', or start a sentance with 'Because'.. as long as you can be understood by the person you are talking/typing to.

Barmys mom

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Really, does it even matter? Who the hell cares if you use 'myself' instead of 'I', or start a sentance with 'Because'.. as long as you can be understood by the person you are talking/typing to.

Yes, being correct matters.
People who value correctness care.

:cheers

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
I remember when I was in Lithuania for my language and culture course last year: they said that Lithuanian didn't have a bunch of stuff that existed in English; and it was only a few weeks in that I realised what an "article" in English was...

Grammatical cases are the worst thing ever; ESPECIALLY Polish ones. In fact, Polish is the language from hell...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I remember when I was in Lithuania for my language and culture course last year: they said that Lithuanian didn't have a bunch of stuff that existed in English; and it was only a few weeks in that I realised what an "article" in English was...

Grammatical cases are the worst thing ever; ESPECIALLY Polish ones. In fact, Polish is the language from hell...

yeah Russian doesn't have articles either... drives my Mrs mad because she's always missing them where they're needed or adding them where they're not.

cases are horrible in Russian too.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
I have a lot of friends from Eastern Europe (study the region) and the missing "a" and "the" is pretty common from everywhere because nowhere (bar I THINK Romanian, but that's a Romance language so its different).

So's saying "lets make a photo" instead of "lets take a photo"; or at least the Latvians and Poles both say it that way. Must admit, going away last summer gave me this love for languages that I'd lost in Third Year of High School when my awesome French teacher went away and I was stuck with the worst teacher in the world. It did help that the ECB was streaming the Ashes for free on youtube, so I was able to legally watch the Ashes for once... Eyeing up doing my Masters in either Poland, Estonia or (no joke) Kazakhstan...

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Hopefully going there this summer; its meant to be a nice place! Eyeing up all the Eastern European countries...

DN4ngel23

School Cricketer
I respect that everyone has an opinion but please remember that Tru Blu have been in business for 35 years and have been publishing since the Atari 2400, and I was first published in 1979. It doesn't mean we always get it right but we have a little experience in these matters and are still here when many have fallen.

There are so many things that we do differently that the comparisons, particularly to Ubisoft, do not bear close examination, even the track record we have for always holding high prices for our games, we do not discount* as buyers of our AFL and RLL games will attest.

*if you see a discount then the retailer is wearing it.

What's the reason as to why you don't discount your games?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
...they do a roaring trade in illegal kitten transactions.

Users who are viewing this thread