How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

bestfriendh

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Apparently some folks around here don't have a problem reacting to pacers and playing shots without premeditating

I think once the ball is delivered, there is just too much to do and I still haven't found the ideal positioning for my thumbs on the RAS and LAS. Keeping it right on top of it results in poor placement and footwork, because you don't get a good grip of the analog sticks. Keep it in the favored position, right on the bottom or top tip leads to pre-empting your footwork and placement. Changing from that position is almost impossible. Also trying to push R3 to leave the delivery can be messy and result in false strokes.

On top of that you have the defensive shot button. I have tried holding it down a little and releasing it based on the delivery, but again I am not fast enough. So basically, while I love the controls, there are plenty of limitations for me. Maybe I am just not fast enough *that's what she said*

Are you using a ps3 or an xbox. My personal experience is its easier to play on an Xbox Controller. I am playing on a PS3 but with a controller in the XBOX layout.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Won the T20 championship with Sussex. I don't think there was a man of the series award but if there was one I should've gotten it. I had at least 2/15 in every match. I went from "not a chance" to "getting attention" or "very close" in all the T20 teams available.

madman981

Club Captain
I hit a 211 for the vics in a one day match last night.... FC is not a problem, international is another issue all together!!!!

twobob

Club Captain
I am going to restart my career once the new patch is out and only be a part time bowler. the fun has been completely lost since i realised a slower full ball is such an easy way to get a wicket :(

ellgieff

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am going to restart my career once the new patch is out and only be a part time bowler. the fun has been completely lost since i realised a slower full ball is such an easy way to get a wicket :(

Bowling is set to get a little more difficult after the patch. At least, we've been told that the AI batsmen don't bat quite as much like muppets.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Are you using a ps3 or an xbox. My personal experience is its easier to play on an Xbox Controller. I am playing on a PS3 but with a controller in the XBOX layout.

Playing with a PS3 controller. But thanks for the advice, I will try my xbox-ish controller tonight and see if its better

estmsm

Club Captain
Struggling with the bat... Cant pick the length of fast bowlers especially... :mad

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Struggling with the bat... Cant pick the length of fast bowlers especially... :mad

IF you are not a purist gamer and also don't care about how the runs come :spy, then select and hold the footwork regardless of the length (preferably front foot) and just play for the line.

mixz0r

Club Captain
I think I just made captain of the Aussie test team. Probably just over half way through my second year; finished domestic, yet to play English County.

t16PTVL.jpg

My test batting average is my lowest at about 20, but I clean up with the ball like most others (91 wickets at 8.81 in Test matches).

I find it funny that you can go from 'very close' to 'regular member' then reach 'core member' without playing a game in that league, as I've done for T20I for example.

I'm a 'star member' for the English T20 Cup and haven't even played a match yet. Weird.

jovey

School Cricketer
I think I just made captain of the Aussie test team. Probably just over half way through my second year; finished domestic, yet to play English County.

t16PTVL.jpg

My test batting average is my lowest at about 20, but I clean up with the ball like most others (91 wickets at 8.81 in Test matches).

I find it funny that you can go from 'very close' to 'regular member' then reach 'core member' without playing a game in that league, as I've done for T20I for example.

I'm a 'star member' for the English T20 Cup and haven't even played a match yet. Weird.

Ye'r a wizard.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I had my two 'firsts' yesterday during a match winning knock in English T20 Finals. Playing for Nottinghamshire, successfully played a sweet-a** late cut off a spinner (Adil Rashid). It went to the boundary for the first time ever, instead of the keeper catching it. So that's the first first.

And then I think since I played the shot successfully, the UI lost it completely and went on a wide rampage. Rashid bowled 6 back to back off-side wides. Finally I got frustrated and just drove a couple of them to cover. Got back on strike, and the wide saga continued. Another 4 wides until I decided to drive the delivery and end his misery. Basically a 16 ball over.

I fear I have scarred Rashid for the rest of his career with the late cut. Was never my intention

AL_Amin

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I had my two 'firsts' yesterday during a match winning knock in English T20 Finals. Playing for Nottinghamshire, successfully played a sweet-a** late cut off a spinner (Adil Rashid). It went to the boundary for the first time ever, instead of the keeper catching it. So that's the first first.

And then I think since I played the shot successfully, the UI lost it completely and went on a wide rampage. Rashid bowled 6 back to back off-side wides. Finally I got frustrated and just drove a couple of them to cover. Got back on strike, and the wide saga continued. Another 4 wides until I decided to drive the delivery and end his misery. Basically a 16 ball over.

I fear I have scarred Rashid for the rest of his career with the late cut. Was never my intention

I could very well relate this. I went through the same experience a couple of weeks back. Basically, I hit rangana herath for two fours and he went insane after that. Bowled 16 Wides in an over.

convertorboy

Club Cricketer

Users who are viewing this thread