South Africa's tour of India - October/December 2015

PokerAce

Banned
Kohli needs some runs here. From being the Star in Australia, and getting an unprecedented 4 centuries on the Aus tour, he has declined to being only the third most important batsman in the test side, behind Pujara and Vijay.

By that what I mean is that fans worry more when Vijay or Pujara get out, than when Kohli gets out.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Kohli needs some runs here. From being the Star in Australia, and getting an unprecedented 4 centuries on the Aus tour, he has declined to being only the third most important batsman in the test side, behind Pujara and Vijay.

By that what I mean is that fans worry more when Vijay or Pujara get out, than when Kohli gets out.
Totally agree with you. Kohli needs to get runs and see that India reaches a decent score.

PokerAce

Banned
When India played the extra batsman, I am sure they probably didn't think he would be out there batting one hr post lunch.

stefan

International Coach
Going to need to bat very well in our first innings here, will be surprised if this game goes 4 days. Think India may have gone overboard here, if its breaking like this it brings the likes of Morkel right into the game. Oh if only Steyn was fit to bowl on this :(

If either side has a batsman getting a 100 that team will probably win this.

stefan

International Coach
Steyn got 10 wickets on this ground in 2010 and was lethal and key to SA winning by an innings. That being said, I have not read what the curator has had to say, but he is lying if he says fast bowlers will have a role on this wicket. This one is for the spinners, and will be gone by day 2.

He claimed there would be reverse swing but then claimed pace bowlers would have no role. That is a total contradiction, if there is reverse swing then pace bowlers will have a role as morkel is showing already.

PokerAce

Banned
Wow from 50/0 to 125/6. Well Done India, have made a total mess of it. SA could be batting by tea !![DOUBLEPOST=1448438879][/DOUBLEPOST]
He claimed there would be reverse swing but then claimed pace bowlers would have no role. That is a total contradiction, if there is reverse swing then pace bowlers will have a role as morkel is showing already.

Maybe he meant most of the wickets will be taken by the spinners and thus Seamers will have little role, despite there being reverse swing. Still Morkel definitely impressed, and SA well on top right now.

stefan

International Coach
I guess we could be nice to him and say he was meaning seamers bowling at the pace Indian seamers do and not real fast bowlers.

SA on top but will be vital to knock these last wickets over quickly, can't afford the tail wagging in these type of games.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Disappointed with Kohli.
It's the perfect time for S.Africa to level the series. They need to bat sensibly and take a big lead.

Hopefully they wont.

grkrama

National Board President
this match has all the making of mum 2004 ind vs aus test

lol some thought ind has boosted batting by adding RO mainly in cricinfo comments, would have been better adding rahul,

The probability of rohit succeeding in crunch or anything tough will always boil down close to zero

Morkel has certainly stepped up!

someone has to just attack a 20-30 here pref SIR ji

PokerAce

Banned
I guess we could be nice to him and say he was meaning seamers bowling at the pace Indian seamers do and not real fast bowlers.

SA on top but will be vital to knock these last wickets over quickly, can't afford the tail wagging in these type of games.

To be fair till Varun and Umesh came onto the scene this comment would have been justified. However both Aaron and Umesh consistantly bowl around the 87-90 mph range. So purely regard to speed, if that is not real fast bowling, then I don't know what is.

PokerAce

Banned
this match has all the making of mum 2004 ind vs aus test

lol some thought ind has boosted batting by adding RO mainly in cricinfo comments, would have been better adding rahul,

The probability of rohit succeeding in crunch or anything tough will always boil down close to zero

Morkel has certainly stepped up!

someone has to just attack a 20-30 here pref SIR ji

The one saving grace is that Ashwin and Mishra can both do their bit with the bat. Mishra scored crucial runs in SL even a 50 with India in a similar stage, and Ashwin averages 30+ with the bat. Sir and Saha can add 15-25 runs each. So while no doubt the bulk of the batting is already inside the dressing room, I would not be totally out of place to expect another 50-70 runs form here on.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Lately, apart from Vijay no one is consistently contributing much with the bat for India.

PokerAce

Banned
^Pujara. Yes he failed here, but Pujara has been consistant. Thats why I said fans worry more when Vijay and Pujara get out then when Kohli does. Kohli needs to correct that, he is fast falling off the pace.

stefan

International Coach
To be fair till Varun and Umesh came onto the scene this comment would have been justified. However both Aaron and Umesh consistantly bowl around the 87-90 mph range. So purely regard to speed, if that is not real fast bowling, then I don't know what is.

Fair enough haven't seen enough of them to judge. Neither of them are playing here though. Wouldn't say ishant is fast.

Users who are viewing this thread