South Africa's tour of India - October/December 2015

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Nice bowling Morkel and Harmer (Ind first Inn), It will be a tough day to bad tomorrow (Sa), good concentration is key here.. If Amla can get 50 of 100 balls ; Du Plessis 30 of 50 balls and De Villiers 50 Of 85 balls... then South Africa will be able to build a small lead.. The reason I put the amount of balls in.. is to indicate that it's going to be a long & tough day, with a very careful approach from South Africa's side... Please South Africa try and keep the spinners at bay...

PokerAce

Banned
^ I think will disagree on the long innings. If batsmen play slow then they are going to get out. The chances of someone lasting 100 (or even 60) balls on that pitch is small. If batsmen have to score they need to be positive, and score at a fast strike rate.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
^ ;) Time will tell. I'm hoping Elgar will be a bit of a wild card... a quick fire 40 will be much appreciated :yes

namin96

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, from a personal point of view, I think both teams selected the correct teams to play, at least the combination.

India's batting & SA bowling

I have been saying this for very long and I will at least say it once more that Dhawan is a proper liability. His penchant for 'swag' doesn't go with the test match theme and frankly, after seeing him bat outside the subcontinent for all of last year and before, I don't think he's competent enough to open the batting for India. His technique is clearly flawed and he's not 'Steve Waugh' to fight or guts it out. He's also not your 'Virender Sehwag' category that can't care less whether he's batting on Earth or Mars to simply see ball, hit ball. He's not the mentally most formidable chap and time has come to end this experiment.

As for the other batters? I think Murali Vijay looks more and more classy every time I see him. The one's dismissed by Morkel got proper pearls and would get out again if that was hurled at them. Pujara got out in a disappointing way, but he can't make runs every time. Overall, I thought the SA fast bowlers bowled outstandingly well and credit to them. That Rabada kid is really exciting and if Morkel can keep himself on the park I see he's at the peak of his powers. He will get buckets of wickets in the next 3-4 years.

Now, I don't know the background of Dane Vilas and whether he's having an off series but boy he's poor behind the wickets. I also haven't seen anything in his batting to suggest he's capable of playing ahead of de Kock. I know scores don't come in a series sometimes, but there was nothing substantial in the way he batted to warrant a place ahead of de Kock. Specially, considering his keeping is quite poor.

SA batting & India bowling

Watch out for Jadeja. He will run through the overs and the batting line up if he doesn't have a brain fade on this wicket. As I've said earlier, I dislike Ashwin a lot but for my money he's the best spinner in the world. His control of drift/spin/pace and even the amount of it is mind boggling. To go with it, I think he's settled his mind down with his variations and his accuracy also is reaching relentless levels. Top class. There is lot of talk about SA's batting and rightly so. I don't think half of them have the bottle to sustain relentless pressure from spin. I think Amla and de Villiers stand between India and a handsome lead. Other than that, it's going to be like watching an Indian team in the 90's in SA playing seam and swing.

Ya you've got great points. Ashwin is a world class bowler now and I think he will get only better. Dhawan can't really play against spin his best bet to make runs is against pace and that too with a little luck. I really don't know what is wrong with Kohli, he plays a great cover drive and then gets out caught behind.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Looks like Duminy has decided to attack which is a good choice in this condition. More defending is like digging your own grave.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Shocking drop! One of the worst I've ever seen (considering how easy it was)!

grkrama

National Board President
Duminy is the dangerman here cant drop him like this, if we cant wrap them under 60 we would have given away the advantage we got

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Duminy is the dangerman here cant drop him like this, if we cant wrap them under 60 we would have given away the advantage we got

Why would we have given away the advantage? It will be impossible to bat on this pitch in the fourth inning. They will make runs, they are also here to play.

Users who are viewing this thread