South Africa vs Zimbabwe & Pakistan, October-November 2010/11

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was surprised as well by the sudden draw. I thought Pakistan would go for it in the final 10 overs. I was actually waiting for it. It turned out to be an anti-climax.

There are positive signs and that is the performance of the batsmen. I believe Pakistan scored their highest 4th Test innings and that's a big accomplishment for them.

Now that Wahab Riaz is injured, that opens up a spot for a fast bowler. Hopefully it will be between Sohail Tanvir or Tanvir Ahmed. I don't want to see Sami playing a Test match again.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Well played Younus, great to see him hit some form and it was for the first time that I saw Morne Morkel sledging a batsman. It was really funny when Younus sort of hugged his bat the second time Morne said something to him :D

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
I have a sneaky suspicion that they might be able to draw this - with both Azhar and YK hitting tons.

Love it when my sneaky suspicions come out to be true :D (well sort of anyway). Well played Younis :clap he really has made a difference to pak's batting.

Continue to be impressed by Azhar Ali - he managed to grit out both steyn and morkel during both innings in his first test against them. I think we have another Dravid in the making :yes

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
The only change I may go with is bring in Alam for UAkmal. Akmal needs to sort himself out.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Funny how all around the ground is sandy and white, and the field is pure green. They have some really good grounds. I was there few summers ago, and went by one of the stadiums, boy it was almost as nice as the Yankees stadium. Impressive considering how they are not known for their cricket, or don't have any good team.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
What the hell is Sami doing back in the team?
Oh, going for lots of runs and not getting any wickets, as usual.
Why do they bother picking him anywhere that doesn't have heavy cloud cover?
He is never going to extract anything from the pitch, he is too short and bowls too full, he is just a swing bowler, useless anywhere but New Zealand it seems.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
AB de Villiers took a single and by that he became the highest individual Test scorer (278 runs). What a great player.

He surely must try to get a triple century.

ZexyZahid added 2 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

That's pretty bad. South Africa declared. They should have given de Villiers 3-4 overs to get the triple century.

aus_maestro

Club Cricketer
Geez Smith, could have easily given him another couple of overs to get to his 300. Not like Pakistan are going to last 3 days.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Well played AB :clap to come in at 33/3 and produce that knock is absoulutely mind boggling.

I know it's early in the innings, but Azhar Ali is again looking solid - starting to become his fan. Hope he gets his maiden ton 2moz :yes

War

Chairman of Selectors
De Villiers has really matured into a superb player since he went back intot he middle-order in the last few years. Has scored runs in all conditions againts the best of spinners & quality pacers.

But someone when people talk about top-class modern day batsmen no one seems to mention him. Criminally under-rated.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well Smith clearly didn't care of the milestones, unlucky for AB as looks like he would have got SA's first ever triple century.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think AB should have been given a chance to get to triple ton. He truly deserved that despite the assist from the umpires. Kallis played a magnificent and chanceless innings. Muhammad Sami did what he does best and thats handing over a match to the opposition when our team was in a dominant position with SA 33/3. His four overs that went for 32 took the match away from us. They even showed stat for the worst bowling averages for a bowler with over 50 wickets. Muhammad Sami as expected was on the top. I can't believe he made his 13th comeback despite such a below average record.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Didn't I say this Asad Shafiq kid has something about him? Definitely a better prospect than Umar Akmal.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
It has been ages since Pakistan had crossed the four hundred runs mark in Test Cricket. I am pleasantly surprised to see the fight our team has put in against the SA during ODI and Test series so far. Tanvir Ahmed is having a dream debut. He may not be quite as classy but if he can make the ball talk in UAE, I am sure he will be a good substitute for Asif.

Users who are viewing this thread