Fri Sep 7
16:00 GMT | 20:00 local
2nd T20I - Australia v Pakistan
Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi

Mon Sep 10
16:00 GMT | 20:00 local
3rd T20I - Australia v Pakistan
Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi

Pakistan and Australia will indulge in uninhibited and unrestrained cricketing action, when these two teams face each other in mid 2012. Pakistan vs Australia 2012 is scheduled to begin from August 25, as per the schedule released by the International Cricket Council, and adhered by the cricket boards of both these countries. Pakistan vs Australia 2012 will be the third series in a year that will he hosted in the neutral venue of UAE. Just like all the recent cricket series, Pakistan vs Australia 2012 will also be a part of the innovative concept of ICC, the Future Tour Programs.

Australia and Pakistan will indulge in the 50 over and 20 over format of the game during the August-September period. This bilateral competition kick starts with the One Day International series comprising of five 50 over matches. After the successful completion of the One Day series, both teams will indulge in the shortest format of the game. Pakistan will take on Australia in a solitary T20 International. Australia?s form has been more than satisfactory over the past few months. With a fresh and younger unit, the Aussies are confident about victory. On the other hand, turmoil in the Pakistani camp is a great concern for the national team, as well as its supporters.

Last edited by a moderator:

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hopefully Watson and Lee are fit for this series, would be disaster if injuries keep them out of this tour and the T20 W-Cup.

For the T20 leg of this tour, Cameron White should be immediately recalled - his form in the IPL and currently in the England warrants it.

Once fit also Mitchell Marsh and Doug Bollinger also should be involved.

Also i've liked to look of Glen Maxwell. With Xavier Doherty suddenly struggling and Steve Smith a waste of space ATM - Maxwell could be useful spin-bowling/all-rounder back-up to Hogg for the T20 W-Cup.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I love Maxwell but I don't see him as being particularly ready for internationals just yet. There are a lot of players for whom 2012/13 is a really crucial six months.

Addy

National Board President
Bring back Nazir. How could you not select one of the talented t20 hack :p

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bring back Nazir. How could you not select one of the talented t20 hack :p

Completely agree, why are they playing hafeez. the opening pair should be Shehzad and Nazir

War

Chairman of Selectors
I love Maxwell but I don't see him as being particularly ready for internationals just yet. There are a lot of players for whom 2012/13 is a really crucial six months.

Hmm well i've seen a bit of him in the IPL and English T20 recently. His batting i'd say is solid enough IMO to be a lower-order hitter at international level. But yea his bowling is slightly below par - but i can deal with that.

Overall though once he has a solid English T20 season, i think with the lack of proper back-up spinner to Hogg - i like the look of him as spin bowling/all-rounder for the T20 W-Cup squad.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Hmm well i've seen a bit of him in the IPL and English T20 recently. His batting i'd say is solid enough IMO to be a lower-order hitter at international level. But yea his bowling is slightly below par - but i can deal with that.

Overall though once he has a solid English T20 season, i think with the lack of proper back-up spinner to Hogg - i like the look of him as spin bowling/all-rounder for the T20 W-Cup squad.

Saw him play in the IPL, seemed a good players, can contribute significantly to better Australia, as they are not using there all rounders, they have Smith who never bowls and bats at 7. They need to use him more aswell

War

Chairman of Selectors
Saw him play in the IPL, seemed a good players, can contribute significantly to better Australia, as they are not using there all rounders, they have Smith who never bowls and bats at 7. They need to use him more aswell

Smith is a bit out of sorts ATM. Maxwell on form should be his like-for-like replacement.

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Who will be the captain of pakistan in this series Afridi or misbah.they should not go for Misbah.search for a new captain

alexczarn

Club Captain
Well I like the look of the squad, good to see Fergie back!

War

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan v Australia 2012: Australia name Glenn Maxwell for Pakistan series | Cricket News | Pakistan v Australia | ESPN Cricinfo

quote said:
ODI squad David Warner, Matthew Wade (wk), Michael Clarke (capt), George Bailey, Callum Ferguson, Michael Hussey, David Hussey, Daniel Christian, Steven Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Johnson, Xavier Doherty, James Pattinson, Clint McKay, Mitchell Starc

T20 squad David Warner, Shane Watson, Matthew Wade (wk), David Hussey, Michael Hussey, George Bailey (capt), Cameron White, Daniel Christian, Glenn Maxwell, Brad Hogg, Xavier Doherty, Clint McKay, Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Ben Hilfenhaus.

Well firstly its great that the selectors have noticed Maxwell's performances as i've called for and picked him for the T20 team, while also recalling White.

Would like to know exactly whats up with Mitchell Marsh ATM. He should be a must pick in the T20 squad for the world cup.

With Lee retired, i think the T20 attack could do with the experience of Bollinger of Nannes as the left-arm quick instead of Starc and Harris instead of Hilfenhaus.

Disappointed that Finch and Birt couldn't make the T20 team. Essentially Bailey illegitimate presence is keeping them out. I won't be happy if that is the final 15-man squad that goes to the T20 W-Cup.

Although as Inverarity said, the ODI squad is being used as a developmental. Unless Johnson and Smith do something big in this series - they need to be banished. Doherty also need a good series after looking VERY ordinary in England.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread