Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
true. I do not think its a nice idea for closing thread so early. If you can not add anything from your side then just ignore it.its simple[DOUBLEPOST=1462032740][/DOUBLEPOST]
what you think evil.might be a glass of nector for someone else:)
Actually, we do have something from our side to add if we are allowed. However, he thinks what E.A. Bucchianeri thinks. In fact we all think the same.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can we please stop discussing the philosophical discussion about the definition of evil and please get back to the topic of ODI Cricket; thanks!

garryjo82

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
There are nobody in my knowledge who ever said he prefer ODI to T20.

ODI might be having own place but T20 definely much more popular version of cricket, with some good bowlers supporting pitches , A T20 match can outplay ODI in almost every aspect .

wtachetna

School Cricketer
I agree, ODIs should be scrapped as it is not as good as T20 and things which are not better shouldn't be running.

garryjo82

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The fact that tours to India always seem to end up having seven ODIs and only a couple of T20s suggests that the former is more profitable: they wouldn't do it that way if they made more money with T20s. That's a big reason why you're never going to see it go completely in the short term, folk are still making money off the thing.

I prefer ODI Cricket to T20 stuff; that's probably because I like it when Cricket is a more even contest between bat and ball, and T20 definately does not have that. They shouldn't change anything in the short term; they've spent the last ten years dicking around with the format only to basically get back to what they started with; a period of stability is needed. I don't think that 40 over Cricket would work; they tried it in England for a while and the result wasn't a format that was really any better than the longer game. Besides; its the best format to use at lower levels which can't support multi-day Cricket (School Cricket; Uni Cricket; Club Cricket; most Cricket in Associate nations etc); and it makes no sense to use it there and get rid of it at the top level: that'd be like Rugby games being eleven a side at lower levels and only fifteen a side when you get into the professional game.

I've edited the thread title; it had an extra word in it that shouldn't be there and it was really annoying me

garryjo82

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
The fact that tours to India always seem to end up having seven ODIs and only a couple of T20s suggests that the former is more profitable: they wouldn't do it that way if they made more money with T20s. That's a big reason why you're never going to see it go completely in the short term, folk are still making money off the thing.

I prefer ODI Cricket to T20 stuff; that's probably because I like it when Cricket is a more even contest between bat and ball, and T20 definately does not have that. They shouldn't change anything in the short term; they've spent the last ten years dicking around with the format only to basically get back to what they started with; a period of stability is needed. I don't think that 40 over Cricket would work; they tried it in England for a while and the result wasn't a format that was really any better than the longer game. Besides; its the best format to use at lower levels which can't support multi-day Cricket (School Cricket; Uni Cricket; Club Cricket; most Cricket in Associate nations etc); and it makes no sense to use it there and get rid of it at the top level: that'd be like Rugby games being eleven a side at lower levels and only fifteen a side when you get into the professional game.

I've edited the thread title; it had an extra word in it that shouldn't be there and it was really annoying me

A bilateral series containing More ODIs means something different here, and if one point i admit even though if it is more profitable by TVC point of view or other things. then what about crowd perspective ?

DO you really think Cricket can survive in 21st century with alone this ODI format? I have a serious doubt over this . and believe me except few contests between teams such Aus,Ind,SA, almost 80% ODI matches go one sided and its not good for overall image of this sport either.

For getting a better contest between bat and ball, We already have Test format that according to me the real class then why we would watch an ODI? It Becomes really meaningless

ODI was introduced because that time there was a need of cricket matchs with shorter time duration, But after T20 emergence , that need actually got revamped with subsequent changes

Users who are viewing this thread