Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

I would like to see a feature in career mode where more pressure is put on certain games in your career i.e coach telling you the county/national selectors will be watching today or you need a score today etc. Thinking about James Vince got me to the idea. He is almost certainly going to be dropped for the 3rd test. Only a 80-90+ could save him. Yet tomorrow if he gets a bat he will be told to score quickly. A quick fire 30 isn't going to save him. He'll be getting it in the ear from the cricket writers and tabloids that he should be dropped and his is coach telling him to basically take one for the team and maybe we'll keep you in mind for a recall. Fail again, however, and it's gonna be a long hard road back. If coach interaction and journalism is in the game I would like to see something along these lines.

I know I can just edit them myself, but on DBC14 it was impossible to put player stats into context without a baseline to compare against - I could never figure out, if I were balancing player stats, where on the bar would mark a top quality player, compared to just a good one. Should a top class player have their stats at 100%? Or would 90% represent top quality? What did 70% represent?

At least if we had a core of real players with realistic, pre-defined stats (ie. not relying on players to assign stat points) we would have something to compare against when assigning stats to our created players...

So, yeah. Pre-defined, standardised stats would be my #1 feature.

I would like to see a feature in career mode where more pressure is put on certain games in your career i.e coach telling you the county/national selectors will be watching today or you need a score today etc. Thinking about James Vince got me to the idea. He is almost certainly going to be dropped for the 3rd test. Only a 80-90+ could save him. Yet tomorrow if he gets a bat he will be told to score quickly. A quick fire 30 isn't going to save him. He'll be getting it in the ear from the cricket writers and tabloids that he should be dropped and his is coach telling him to basically take one for the team and maybe we'll keep you in mind for a recall. Fail again, however, and it's gonna be a long hard road back. If coach interaction and journalism is in the game I would like to see something along these lines.

This would be a great addition to career mode, i.e. balancing personal and team objectives. I belong to Geoffery Boycott school of thought and anything that might bring my average down can't be good for the team :D If the coach or captain want me to take risks and score quickly, they can purchase their own copy of DBC 17!

Just want to point out some very glaring mistakes that BA did in making DBC14 which I personally don't think that any other gaming company would do if they knew about cricket.
1 - we all know in test match cricket bowlers bowl at a constant pace. they don't change it much. But in DBC 14 u will see that bowlers are constantly changing pace over by over. sometimes they bowl fast and sometimes bowl a cutter or slower one. no one does it in real test cricket.
2 - in DBC 14 I've even hit sixes when the ball hits the top of the bat. i mean on the sticker or even above that. this is just not possible.
3 - in real test cricket every team tries to bowl a line outside off stump or on the stumps. but in DBC 14 every bowler will bowl atleast 2-3 deliveries in an over on the leg side no matter how good the bowler is. it just takes all the fun out of the test match when you want to bat like in a real test match batsman does by deciding which balls to play and which to leave. I've even played on legendary difficulty
4 - rubbing the ball to make it old for reverse swing is just horrible. I've tried for atleast 60 overs rubbing the ball once before every delivery and still I don't get the ball to wear out and reverse swing no matter what kind of pitch it is.
5 - I've never seen the ball spin like it actually does when pitch is dry and have cracks, if anyone remembers ind vs aus 2014-15 test series VK was captaining 1st test nd nathan lyon was turning the ball beautifully on a day 4 dry adelaide pitch
6 - some batting stances are actually ridiculous. the lofted square cut is so ugly that even a tail ender in a real test can't play like that. then comes the late cut which can pe played on almost any kind of ball. how is that possible. i mean can u even imagine a batsman hitting a six on a yorker by playing a late cut. tell me why there has to be only aggresive ground shots. can't a batsman play a normal ground shot.
7 - one more horrible shot that a batsman plays in this game is when a bowler bowls a full or good length delivery outside off stump on 5th or 6th stump line batsman plays a straight drive on that kind of a delivery playing the ball so much away from the body without getting any edge and he is able to hit the ball to mid off or mid on.
8 - we all know about the endless fielding problems of fielders walking , superman fielders while catching , lazy keeper when collecting the ball nd dislodging the bails , no actual run out situations when AI batting.

I've got an endless list of problems with technicality in this game in terms of batting and bowling but these are some of the most important ones which takes the fun out of the game.
I'm not saying the game is bad.
I've been playing it for 2 years now and still play it but so much glitches and problems can't be corrected in just one version.

I've got an endless list of problems with technicality in this game... which takes the fun out of the game.

I've been playing it for 2 years now and still play it

giphy.gif

Just want to point out some very glaring mistakes that BA did in making DBC14 which I personally don't think that any other gaming company would do if they knew about cricket.
1 - we all know in test match cricket bowlers bowl at a constant pace. they don't change it much. But in DBC 14 u will see that bowlers are constantly changing pace over by over. sometimes they bowl fast and sometimes bowl a cutter or slower one. no one does it in real test cricket.
2 - in DBC 14 I've even hit sixes when the ball hits the top of the bat. i mean on the sticker or even above that. this is just not possible.
3 - in real test cricket every team tries to bowl a line outside off stump or on the stumps. but in DBC 14 every bowler will bowl atleast 2-3 deliveries in an over on the leg side no matter how good the bowler is. it just takes all the fun out of the test match when you want to bat like in a real test match batsman does by deciding which balls to play and which to leave. I've even played on legendary difficulty
4 - rubbing the ball to make it old for reverse swing is just horrible. I've tried for atleast 60 overs rubbing the ball once before every delivery and still I don't get the ball to wear out and reverse swing no matter what kind of pitch it is.
5 - I've never seen the ball spin like it actually does when pitch is dry and have cracks, if anyone remembers ind vs aus 2014-15 test series VK was captaining 1st test nd nathan lyon was turning the ball beautifully on a day 4 dry adelaide pitch
6 - some batting stances are actually ridiculous. the lofted square cut is so ugly that even a tail ender in a real test can't play like that. then comes the late cut which can pe played on almost any kind of ball. how is that possible. i mean can u even imagine a batsman hitting a six on a yorker by playing a late cut. tell me why there has to be only aggresive ground shots. can't a batsman play a normal ground shot.
7 - one more horrible shot that a batsman plays in this game is when a bowler bowls a full or good length delivery outside off stump on 5th or 6th stump line batsman plays a straight drive on that kind of a delivery playing the ball so much away from the body without getting any edge and he is able to hit the ball to mid off or mid on.
8 - we all know about the endless fielding problems of fielders walking , superman fielders while catching , lazy keeper when collecting the ball nd dislodging the bails , no actual run out situations when AI batting.

I've got an endless list of problems with technicality in this game in terms of batting and bowling but these are some of the most important ones which takes the fun out of the game.
so much glitches and problems can't be corrected in just one version

Are U happy now

Are U happy now

Honestly, I'd be happy if you shut up and never post this message again...

I'd like to see a little more variation in the actual physical grounds that the matches are played on. Obviously it would probably be too difficult to have a sloped field like at Lord's, but it seems to me that there should be some ovals, some that are more square boundaries, shorter and longer sides, etc. I know DBC 14 allows you to use short, medium, or long boundaries, but I'd like to see the playing area be variable from one ground to the next. Would make field placements more interesting and strategic, as well as batting and bowling techniques in short-format games.

Are U happy now
You’re a double profile for a member about 80% positive I know who.

I'd like to see a little more variation in the actual physical grounds that the matches are played on. Obviously it would probably be too difficult to have a sloped field like at Lord's, but it seems to me that there should be some ovals, some that are more square boundaries, shorter and longer sides, etc. I know DBC 14 allows you to use short, medium, or long boundaries, but I'd like to see the playing area be variable from one ground to the next. Would make field placements more interesting and strategic, as well as batting and bowling techniques in short-format games.

And also varying outfield friction, or maybe that can be a setting which a user can change (i.e. either 'very slow', 'slow', 'normal', 'fast', 'very fast', or it could be a slider based setting). It would be good to play at a stadium where you have to run lots of 2s and 3s and then play at a ground where it's a 4 as soon as you beat a fielder in the circle.

And also varying outfield friction, or maybe that can be a setting which a user can change (i.e. either 'very slow', 'slow', 'normal', 'fast', 'very fast', or it could be a slider based setting). It would be good to play at a stadium where you have to run lots of 2s and 3s and then play at a ground where it's a 4 as soon as you beat a fielder in the circle.
All this can only be given in a stadium editor in which you can customize the size of stadium
big australian stadium grounds
or you can change how quick the outfield will be
choose the amount of grass cover on pitch or ground
change the shape of ground like square for auckland
it would be interesting to see varied crowd in varied stadium like in england stadiums people clap when fours or sixes are hit
in west indies stadiums people play some kind of music like a car horn
in india people shout very much rather than clapping

This has probably been mentioned but something like ultimate team used in FIFA but without the microtransations. You get a couple packs or just a randomly assigned team with players from the minor associates then as you win games or tournaments you receive better players and start to get players from the major playing nations.

This has probably been mentioned but something like ultimate team used in FIFA but without the microtransations. You get a couple packs or just a randomly assigned team with players from the minor associates then as you win games or tournaments you receive better players and start to get players from the major playing nations.
Yes, this has come up before. It sounds like a terrible idea...I'm just amazed that people see this as a feature in FIFA rather than a complete rip-off. I'm not even sure how this would be possible with the Academy.

Users who are viewing this thread