Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Dannyburke

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
This has probably been done to death in here (at 195 pages it might be hard to find.....) but something similar to the MLB 2k games when fielding would be great.

You sim but every time the ball is going to come in your direction (could be in your 1/4 of the field so people are not expecting a catch every time) it would bring you in the game to get involved

Charlie2501

Club Cricketer
Trigger movements I believe should be added just to add a sense of realism it's only a small detail but almost all cricketers have them now and would make the batting have a better flow

Al1x

School Cricketer
I am sure it has been mentioned before, but I really hope that you guys add international tournaments like 50 overs world cup and t20 world cup in career mode. Also being able to change the team line up ones your the captain. More stats being shown during the match would be nice addition aswell.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Is there possibility of implementing career co-op off line and online? Would that be impossible as the performance in matches would make them contradictory? Any way for such a concept is made with a balance for people to have a career we could share with friends.

Mainly like opening pair, both bowler pair something like that sort.
Posting as a concept for future but just wanted others views on this..

Gayan

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Bowling bouncers

In DBC14 and DBC17 academy you cant ball genuine bouncers. It feels like the short length is mostly just back of the length type stuff. You never get balls that rise around chest/above shoulder height.

One suggestion that I have for balling bouncers that uses the current balling controls is: to ball bouncer you firstly select the short length, then to actually ball bouncers you hold down right trigger. Right trigger is used for balling a quicker ball/ effort ball so it makes sense to assign bouncers to it when balling on the short length as a bouncer is essentially a effort ball. The left trigger is used for balling at a slower pace, when used for the short length it should be for balling slow ball bouncers.

This way you have the option to ball the normal back of the length stuff off the short length or bouncers by combining the short length with left trigger/right trigger depending on whether you are after a normal bouncer or slow ball bouncer. When attempting bouncers the length should be dragged back shorter then the regular back of the length type stuff.

The execution of the balling inputs should determine how effective the bouncer is, for example poor release could result in the ball going over shoulder height and being called by umpire/square leg umpire. The umpires should indicate bouncer 1 and 2 for the over in limited overs. The bouncer should also be tied to stamina since it is a effort ball.

Last edited:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Bowling bouncers

In DBC14 and DBC17 academy you cant ball genuine bouncers. It feels like the short length is mostly just back of the length type stuff. You never get balls that rise around chest/above shoulder height.

One suggestion that I have for balling bouncers that uses the current balling controls is: to ball bouncer you firstly select the short length, then to actually ball bouncers you hold down right trigger. Right trigger is used for balling a quicker ball/ effort ball so it makes sense to assign bouncers to it when balling on the short length as a bouncer is essentially a effort ball. The left trigger is used for balling at a slower pace, when used for the short length it should be for balling slow ball bouncers.

This way you have the option to ball the normal back of the length stuff off the short length or bouncers by combining the short length with left trigger/right trigger depending on whether you are after a normal bouncer or slow ball bouncer. When attempting bouncers the length should be dragged back shorter then the regular back of the length type stuff.

The execution of the balling inputs should determine how effective the bouncer is, for example poor release could result in the ball going over shoulder height and being called by umpire/square leg umpire. The umpires should indicate bouncer 1 and 2 for the over in limited overs. The bouncer should also be tied to stamina since it is a effort ball.

I never faced a problem bowling bouncers in DBC 14 head high or higher. In fact I could bowl wide bouncers (too high over the head/shoulder of the batsman) if I wanted to and did it quite a few times.

Users who are viewing this thread