Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

D

Deleted member 9102

Shareable tournaments/tours with the teams/logos etc included.

A field in the player creation for middle name/initial(s), with the option to use them on scorecards/lineups (like Cricinfo).

An editable "records" section, where we can input records for each team/competition and worldwide. It could then be acknowledged by the HUD/commentary (like "they've just set a new record for an 8th wicket partnership for this team", during career mode show where you are on the list of all-time run scorers/wicket takers for your domestic/international side etc). The records not attached to teams could maybe be shared seperately through the Academy.

Optimistic one here... A way to link player statistics to an online source to keep them up to date. Maybe by pulling it from a spreadsheet we can set up manually.

Fantazm

County Cricketer
I'd like the commentators (whoever they are) to NOT mention about the "nervous 90's" every single time you get to that score. Now and again is fine, but not every bloody time!

D

Deleted member 9102

I'd like the commentators (whoever they are) to NOT mention about the "nervous 90's" every single time you get to that score. Now and again is fine, but not every bloody time!
Maybe if you've been bogged down for a few overs without scoring or played and missed a few times then they could mention it, or if that batsman has been out in the 90's recently (e.g. can he make it through the nervous 90s this time?) but yeah, every time would be annoying for sure.

I think the commentary was a weakness of DBC14 - quite repetitive and rarely useful or insightful. The other SFX were good though and it's understandable for commentary to not be amazing in a first iteration, many don't do it well after several releases.

CiaranH1303

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Shareable tournaments/tours with the teams/logos etc included.

A field in the player creation for middle name/initial(s), with the option to use them on scorecards/lineups (like Cricinfo).

An editable "records" section, where we can input records for each team/competition and worldwide. It could then be acknowledged by the HUD/commentary (like "they've just set a new record for an 8th wicket partnership for this team", during career mode show where you are on the list of all-time run scorers/wicket takers for your domestic/international side etc). The records not attached to teams could maybe be shared seperately through the Academy.

Optimistic one here... A way to link player statistics to an online source to keep them up to date. Maybe by pulling it from a spreadsheet we can set up manually.

Really agree with the records section bit. Would be a great addition to make this editable for every team. Adds another dimension to things.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
I think the commentary was a weakness of DBC14 - quite repetitive and rarely useful or insightful. The other SFX were good though and it's understandable for commentary to not be amazing in a first iteration, many don't do it well after several releases.

yeah the commentary was quite basic and thats the first thing I turned off. For commentary to be really good, you have to look at the likes of NBA 2k, FIFA, Madden, etc but thats a lot of work (and $$$ to get the real voices in there). More difficult because of the number of nations that play so to be authentic you'd need quite a few of the greats like:
- Ian Chappell (Aus)
- Mark Taylor (Aus)
- Michael Holding (WI)
- David Lloyd (Eng)
- Ravi Shastri (Ind)
- Wasim Akrim (Pak)
- Shaun Pollock (SAf)
- Russell Arnold (SL)?
- (not sure re Bangladesh)

to be anywhere near authentic you'd need the above greats, preferably that provided commentary at their home grounds (or in tandem when playing each other). I think BA certainly is on the road to being the No 1 cricket game in the world, much like 2k is to basketball and Madden is to NFL....and hopefully eventually with enough $$, you can get the greats to provide commentary. I know a lot of these guys have already provided commentary for cricket games in the past. Its quite cool when you watch 2k videos of the NBA players themselves playing 2k and actually getting mad when their ratings are released!!! lol. quite funny.

But again, thats probably a few years into the future.

D

Deleted member 9102

Really agree with the records section bit. Would be a great addition to make this editable for every team. Adds another dimension to things.
Yeah I think it would add a lot to the identity and feel of teams to include more of the history and information about them. The stadium creator will surely help in this department!

Cricket is a sport rich in history and statistics, and the more of that we can get into the game the better imo. :)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
yeah the commentary was quite basic and thats the first thing I turned off. For commentary to be really good, you have to look at the likes of NBA 2k, FIFA, Madden, etc but thats a lot of work (and $$$ to get the real voices in there). More difficult because of the number of nations that play so to be authentic you'd need quite a few of the greats like:
- Ian Chappell (Aus)
- Mark Taylor (Aus)
- Michael Holding (WI)
- David Lloyd (Eng)
- Ravi Shastri (Ind)
- Wasim Akrim (Pak)
- Shaun Pollock (SAf)
- Russell Arnold (SL)?
- (not sure re Bangladesh)

to be anywhere near authentic you'd need the above greats, preferably that provided commentary at their home grounds (or in tandem when playing each other). I think BA certainly is on the road to being the No 1 cricket game in the world, much like 2k is to basketball and Madden is to NFL....and hopefully eventually with enough $$, you can get the greats to provide commentary. I know a lot of these guys have already provided commentary for cricket games in the past. Its quite cool when you watch 2k videos of the NBA players themselves playing 2k and actually getting mad when their ratings are released!!! lol. quite funny.

But again, thats probably a few years into the future.

I would rather Big Ant get some voice over actors or Big Ant employees for commentary and spend top dollars on gameplay improvements. IMO an in depth commentary from a voice actor is a better option than a limited set of lines from big name commentators.

schiavo

School Cricketer
I think Big ant should take some presentation ideas from Ashes Cricket 2009, the overall presentation as in the overlays and the hud elements were very good in that game and im hoping to see some similar things put in this latest iteration of cricket simulation.

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I think Big ant should take some presentation ideas from Ashes Cricket 2009, the overall presentation as in the overlays and the hud elements were very good in that game and im hoping to see some similar things put in this latest iteration of cricket simulation.

Are you tweaking serious?

e775930dc42563ea47e4f75aa692a12b-650-80.jpg

Half of the damn screen real estate is taken up most of the time.

2143321358_947386815_o.jpg

UGLY!!!

CqrqqqUVYAA3szW.jpg:large

Look how clean and unobtrusive the score overlay is already.

cricacademybowling.jpg

Nothing in the way, everything you need to see is there.

Last edited:

schiavo

School Cricketer
Are you tweaking serious?

e775930dc42563ea47e4f75aa692a12b-650-80.jpg

Half of the damn screen real estate is taken up most of the time.
I dont mean all those things in the screen. the overlay in DBC14 felt a bit bland and boring to me

2143321358_947386815_o.jpg

UGLY!!!

CqrqqqUVYAA3szW.jpg:large

Look how clean and unobtrusive the score overlay is already. Never saw this image before this is new to me this is a great improvement from DBC 14

cricacademybowling.jpg

Nothing in the way, everything you need to see is there.
I was just saying take some inspiration not steal the whole thing

schiavo

School Cricketer
2jcdz.png

This grey and white overlay was very plain and boring...... it needs some more color and flair

Untitled-5_zps00d14009.png

some think like this is better

don-bradman3.jpeg

I also think more information should be shown

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
....and given that the mantra here is to remove as much HUD as possible from all of our games, probably not in keeping with our studio objectives.

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
This grey and white overlay was very plain and boring...... it needs some more color and flair
some think like this is better

Already confirmed that you can add colours to the hud, and set certain colours for each team.

I also think more information should be shown

Poor example because you can turn more hud elements on, but why do you need them? You don't need no meters to tell you what to do :p

Users who are viewing this thread