Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If he means more stats details by saying more information, then I'm in. Probably in that area where it says Welcome, right below the scoreline.

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
16920z4.jpg
IMG_0130.jpg

The summary is so clear we can easily find who batted first and get the info quick.

216260_20160907200556_1.png
14242298_1749823021943321_7209334138085386045_o.jpg

Where as here things are little complicated coz we cant find who batted first and the way innings took place also the team who hosts will be on top rather than batting first. Hope these wont be seen in DBC 17 :)

Thanks

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I also like to see line in DBC 17 match summary of the toss somewhere in corner.
Example: Toss AUS - Elected to bat first
Toss AUS - Elected to bowl First

Thanks

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
We are past the point of much changing in the HUD.

Hope you made it perfect this time. I just want the match summary order to be like that anyways the developers surprise me every time with more than what i expect.

Thanks

Gozmit

Club Captain
Ross and his team thanks for the academy ,really enjoy playing it.
Features which might be good for next iteration of cricket game.

Match Practice:
As a Batsman:

1)Batsman can able to select particular field set for practice.

2)Keeper stance position can be moved accordingly.

3)When wicket falls in a match,can able to pick any of the available batsman at that instance.

4)Scoreboard can be more detailed with every batsman and bowler statistics for that match.Especially number of 4's,6's,maiden overs.

5)Before Toss Detailed pitch look over.

ONLINE:
1)Hosted 5 over or 10 over game online looks the same in DBC 14.

Last edited:

The_Pharoah

International Coach
actually...can i make a small request? Is it possible to somehow find out what the bowler is bowling? there are times (esp when I don't start the over facing) where its my turn to bat and I don't know what the bowler is bowling. Its not just where they're standing either. IRL you'd know or can ask the umpire to confirm what it is, but nowhere during a game can you find this info (or that i know of).

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Oh yeah! That would be a nice little touch, for instance- you come to the wicket and the umpire says "right arm over, 3 to come" or a new bowler comes into the attack and the umpire tells you if its "left or right arm" and either "over or around". Also even being able to take guard would be a nice little touch too.

Edit: Just some other little things the umpys could do..

1) Come on to the bowling side for excessive appealing... Haha
2) Signal the last over of before the session, day, drinks.
3) Poor light- maybe a cut scene where the two umpires intervene and look at the light meter.
4) Check the ball at the captains request... Maybe this could be used as a tactic by the fielding side if the ball isn't swinging, but maybe the replacement will?...haha
5) Checking the time to see if there's time for another over- hopefully spinners, slow and medium bowlers get through there over quicker then a fast bowler to make this a viable tactic.
6) Signal short runs- obviously this would need to be an added feature for running between wickets, maybe timing when to call for runs, too early or too late could result in short run or slow turn.
7) Power plays (not sure if this is already in game or not)

Yeah that's about all off the top of my head, understand these aren't in actual fact 'little' things and that its probably fairly technical to incorporate, but I think they would definitely give the game some verve.

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
actually...can i make a small request? Is it possible to somehow find out what the bowler is bowling? there are times (esp when I don't start the over facing) where its my turn to bat and I don't know what the bowler is bowling. Its not just where they're standing either. IRL you'd know or can ask the umpire to confirm what it is, but nowhere during a game can you find this info (or that i know of).

@MattW lets talk about this tomorrow.

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
International cricket does not have powerplays that a batting/bowling side can choose. What remain are all fixed powerplays.

We have so much flexibility with all these in the academy...no need to worry :)

Flat_Track_Bully

School Cricketer
Player name license
More fluid player animations - Root bats like Root etc. More life like movement
Official license
TV like ball to bat sound.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
One other thing that is quite important that I don't think has been touched as yet is simulation. The sim in DB14 was alright but woeful at times (most runs coming from Nos 8-11 batsmen??) plus guys like Aaron Finch scoring 200s almost every innings. I know it was mentioned that the simming was done on an 'average' basis ie. what would that team score on average, or something like that regardless of who was in there. I'm sincerely hoping that with DB17, the sim actually takes into account player abilities, etc so if I created a team and stacked it with the cricket greats...I should expect to see scores that match.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
I partially agree with @The_Pharoah on the concern raised. But Also want you to try out a thing which worked for me (not entirely but mostly). Just boot up academy and reduce the batting skills.

Users who are viewing this thread