Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I wonder what the size of the community of people is of those interested in sharing their career info with others. I have less than zero interest in reading how many runs someone has scored, or wickets taken or matches played, or anything at all in career mode. As @Madman has pointed out, there are so many things that could vary in offline career mode that it is unlikely to even produce anything close to a valid comparison of anything...it would only work (but be equally dull) if everyone was doing the same career. Maybe I'm just getting old and don't feel the need to share every item of data about everything I do with everyone in the world.

That's not to say I'm not interested in people's opinions on career mode as a feature. I am certainly interested in what they think is great, what can be improved, etc. I just don't care whether they've scored more run than me or not. Leaderboards are fine for physical pinball machines...but otherwise are, as far as I can tell, a blight and constraint on design.

Fantazm

County Cricketer
Agree. But what he was trying to say, I think, is uploading career stats online for others to view instead of XP. So it's more like displaying the leaderboard for highest score or highest number of runs scores by career player or no. of wickets...so on.

Nah.

Then you just people moaning that the stats aren't 'balanced' and there's no place for that in a single player game. If someone wants to play on the easiest mode possible and edit all the players in the game so that they score 500 in every innings they should be able to.

Leave leaderboards for the online stuff.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Nah.

Then you just people moaning that the stats aren't 'balanced' and there's no place for that in a single player game. If someone wants to play on the easiest mode possible and edit all the players in the game so that they score 500 in every innings they should be able to.

Leave leaderboards for the online stuff.

Chill. I don't care what kind of leaderboards are featured, or even if they are removed. I was just trying clarifying his point.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
As I pointed out : For the more competitive amongst us. There is absolutely nothing wrong with casually playing on-or-offline.
It is easy to score 500+ runs on the easiest mode, that's why I suggested Pro and upwards. It can easily just be on Veteran, personally I'd like to see someone scoring 500+ on Veteran mode in a T20 match.
Why do the entire cricket community keep track of International records etc.
Records are made to be broken!
DBC online records are mainly most XP points and most wins, the leaders there doesn't necessary mean they are the best online players, it means they have spend countless hours online...
The main reason for stressing Career mode is because that you can not alter the players skills etc. you have to earn them. Personally I do not know of anyone who has started a career in DBC'14 from scratch and finishing it. My idea will improve the longevity of the career mode.
Just wanted to make myself clearer.

Last edited:

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
you could easily cheese your way near the top if you wanted by editing all the opponent players in the Academy to 0 skill medium pacers.
Solution : Have a separate feature where you choose a fixed team (fixed players with fixed skills etc.) vs AI (also fixed team with fixed players skills )
Everyone has an equal chance to get the best scores etc.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I would think online leaderboards make sense only in the context of "closed" leagues. Whether that's for career, online or general xp but where you would only see any comparison to people you knew and had chosen to connect to.

It means nothing to me to see number 1 spot taken by tindoolkasboxsweat and i am 6887543.

But seeing a "league" of 10-20 people you actually knew (even if only from here, or because you once killed them on call of duty) is much more meaningful.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
As I pointed out : For the more competitive amongst us. There is absolutely nothing wrong with casually playing on-or-offline.
It is easy to score 500+ runs on the easiest mode, that's why I suggested Pro and upwards. It can easily just be on Veteran, personally I'd like to see someone scoring 500+ on Veteran mode in a T20 match.
DBC online records are mainly most XP points and most wins, the leaders there doesn't necessary mean they are the best online players, it means they have spend countless hours online...
The main reason for stressing Career mode is because that you can not alter the players skills etc. you have to earn them. Personally I do not know of anyone who has started a career in DBC'14 from scratch and finishing it. My idea will improve the longevity of the career mode.
Just wanted to make myself clearer.

Nobody except you cares about online leaderboards. You are literally in a league of your own. You have won. Well done.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
You are definitely in a league of your own.
Seems like it. Anyway, it's a feature I would like to see.
DBC'17 looks promising with more than enough new features that should keep us all entertained.

D

Deleted member 9102

Just wanted to make myself clearer. For those of you anti leader boards and records that your problem as this thread is intended for
Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket.
You can edit player skills for career mode though? The vanilla game will have the fake players, but I can't imagine anyone won't immediately be replacing all of those with creations from the Academy and presumably the skills etc. will also carry over into career mode.

This means that the people at the top are more than likely going to have gotten there through cheesing it. Even on Veteran/Legend difficulty, if all of the opposition are skilled to be totally useless with 1 in all skills (and player attributes have a big impact as I hope they do) then you're going to have quite an easy time scoring loads of runs and taking loads of wickets. Locking down career mode to be less customisable for the sake of a leaderboard would be a real shame.

I agree with your approach to records and statistics, I would love the game to have extensive stat tracking as much as anybody. It would also be interesting to see how other people have been doing with their careers and their stats, but as long as all of that is saved locally then we can share such experiences on forums such as this one, in threads such as this;
How are you doing in your career? - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

Personally I don't see the value in a leaderboard if it doesn't measure skill in a level playing field, and possibly introduces limitations to the single player experience for the sake of trying to maintain the illusion of their integrity. So many games have leaderboards which are totally pointless because the people at the top are always either cheesing or hacking. Seen GTA leaderboards for races with laps taking less than a second, FIFA skill challenge scores of millions when the maximum possible legit score is a few thousand etc...

Solution : Have a separate feature where you choose a fixed team (fixed players with fixed skills etc.) vs AI (also fixed team with fixed players skills )
Everyone has an equal chance to get the best scores etc.
I quite like this idea actually, maybe a sort of Stick Cricket style daily challenge where you have to use the set teams/stadium/conditions and go for a high score in 5/10/20 overs. Probably wouldn't play it myself but as long as you can make sure everyone has to use the same skilled players, it would be a fair challenge worth having a leaderboard for. On PC especially I imagine people would still hack it in some way to get to the top though.

You're entitled to your views and to express them here, and I don't disagree with many the ideas or think leaderboards are pointless. In some games I'm quite competitive too and like to see where I can get on the leaderboards (e.g. Trials Evolution times/scores) but don't see how it would benefit DBC's career mode. You have a different view and that's fine, you seem like the competitive type from your high scores in the Arcade on here :p.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
You can edit player skills for career mode though? The vanilla game will have the fake players, but I can't imagine anyone won't immediately be replacing all of those with creations from the Academy.

I this this time round I will set up or use 2 profiles so 1 can be updated and have my own custom teams and the other will be as is shipped. I don't know but I can't remember much discussion on anyone playing with the on disk teams. It would've been good to have played the game the way it was made.

Gozmit

Club Captain
Does Wicket keeper position depend on bowler type in DBC 17, can change his stance closer for fast medium or medium bowler compared to fast?

Sultan Ms Nama

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Add overlay positioning editor or option like some score overlays are down some are up some are left etc, so add this
Add an option like for the user that to choose wicketkeeper up or back
Like against medium pacer or spinner wicketkeeper comes close to stumps and also add helmet option for keeper and please add full sleeves option to wicket keeper in dbc 14 wkeeper wears half sleeves and Ms Dhoni always wears full sleeves in real cricket so please add must
If possible try to add ranking system that if team loses it loses points and get down to its rankings
That will add realistic approach
@BigAntStudios

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
DBC17; Now with keepers wearing long sleeves

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
add a manager mode for domestic tournaments.

Radman

School Cricketer
I'm really hoping this game coming up has PS Move controller support. PSVR + Move would be even better but not gonna keep expectations low.

Users who are viewing this thread