The mafia championship

Thingyman

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
UPDATE ON MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP

Originally, the plan was for this season to feature 135 communities. We will now have 165 participating communities, which means that this season alone we will have more different communities represented than all other seasons combined. Approximately 60 communities are participating for the very first time. Of the returning communities, about a dozen of them are resending a previous representative, while the rest are all sending fresh faces.

As a result of how big this season has gotten, we'll have more games to look forward to than ever before. We will have 11 qualifying games, 2 wildcard games and 1 finale game = 14 games in total.

All kinds of communities are partipating. Besides the sites dedicated specifically to mafia, we have forums dedicated to popular entertainment, sports, poker, board games, online games, video games, role playing, LEGO, personality type testing, stick figure animations, science, atheism, music, mathematics, comics, students, etc. Some of these communities started playing mafia more than a decade ago; Others just started this year.

Despite this being a forum event, we will also have communities that play the game via various chat clients (Discord, Telegram, IRC, custom, etc.) and via webcam (with games often streamed on Twitch.tv). And not least, there are communities centered around mafia game variants that you can buy on Steam (Town of Salem and Throne of Lies).

This season will also have the biggest international scope yet. For the very first time we will have representatives from Romania, Hungary, Chile, Portugal, Ukraine and Czechia as well as our first person representing a Japanese community. We even have our first Native American.

In addition to this, we of course welcome back countries such as USA, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Italy, Indonesia, South Africa and Ireland, meaning that we'll have more than 20 different countries represented in total.

Reminder: If your community hasn't picked a representative yet, your deadline is by the end of tomorrow (April 23).

Next update: I am hoping very much I will have all the info I need from all of the representatives by Wednesday at the latest next week. Assuming I do, I will schedule all the qualifying games on this day and get back to you with your representative's start date.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea

Originally, the plan was for this season to feature 135 communities. We will now have 165 participating communities, which means that this season alone we will have more different communities represented than all other seasons combined. Approximately 60 communities are participating for the very first time. Of the returning communities, about a dozen of them are resending a previous representative, while the rest are all sending fresh faces.

As a result of how big this season has gotten, we'll have more games to look forward to than ever before. We will have 11 qualifying games, 2 wildcard games and 1 finale game = 14 games in total.

All kinds of communities are partipating. Besides the sites dedicated specifically to mafia, we have forums dedicated to popular entertainment, sports, poker, board games, online games, video games, role playing, LEGO, personality type testing, stick figure animations, science, atheism, music, mathematics, comics, students, etc. Some of these communities started playing mafia more than a decade ago; Others just started this year.

Despite this being a forum event, we will also have communities that play the game via various chat clients (Discord, Telegram, IRC, custom, etc.) and via webcam (with games often streamed on Twitch.tv). And not least, there are communities centered around mafia game variants that you can buy on Steam (Town of Salem and Throne of Lies).

This season will also have the biggest international scope yet. For the very first time we will have representatives from Romania, Hungary, Chile, Portugal, Ukraine and Czechia as well as our first person representing a Japanese community. We even have our first Native American.

In addition to this, we of course welcome back countries such as USA, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Italy, Indonesia, South Africa and Ireland, meaning that we'll have more than 20 different countries represented in total.

Reminder: If your community hasn't picked a representative yet, your deadline is by the end of tomorrow (April 23).

Next update: I am hoping very much I will have all the info I need from all of the representatives by Wednesday at the latest next week. Assuming I do, I will schedule all the qualifying games on this day and get back to you with your representative's start date.
Is there a place to cheer our rep?

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Good luck :).

Last edited:

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Bloomin eck that really does look like something to behold. Quite a task at hand for whoever gets put forward but I'll be rooting for em.

Thingyman

School Cricketer
Okay I think majority of us agree ContUmp should be our representative. Also being in a position of authority, I select @ContrarianUmp as one to represent PlanetCricket in the mafia championship. Good luck, Ump. We all need to back him and hopefully he does well.

@Thingyman

Thank you!

And congrats to ContUmp -- sending you more info right away :)[DOUBLEPOST=1492895884][/DOUBLEPOST](Selecting a backup still a good idea if you want to do that, though it's not mandatory)

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
Ok, so we have to write a bio, the official message is:

[Insert whatever information or fun facts that you wish here. Talk about your mafia-related accolades, impressive stats, fun anecdotes, favorite role to play, strengths and weaknesses, your approach to the game, other players' quotes about you, or take out the piss on the whole thing and make some jokes. The ball is entirely in your court, this will be how you present yourself to your fellow competitors and to the 135 spectating communities.]
Feel free to enlist the help of your community to make this bio :)

What should we say? Anyone got anything quirky or hilarious?

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
I've submitted my availability as being whenever, with a preference for shorter phases, though I'm not too fussed how long the phases go so may end up with a longer game.

Who does this suit in terms of backup? Not that I'm intending on disappearing, but I suppose theoretically the backup needs to be able to follow the game and step in. Potentially at any time with a short phase cycle..

For those who want to see, games are taking place on www.mafiauniverse.com. This is me

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm always ready. Will be free for next couple of months, I can follow up @ContrarianUmp.

Users who are viewing this thread