ICC Champions Trophy 2017

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The dust has settled. Feel even more happy for Pak now since the disappointment has subsided.. I also know in my heart that had we won yesterday, I wouldn't have gone banana's like I did @ 2011 WC.. But I can imagine it being that level of happiness for the Pak people! Very happy for them!

On a side note, let's get one thing straight- There is talent in PAK. Second, even the older lot can go some. Hafeez looked another batsman yesterday so if the mindset is aggressive, the results will come. I think fear of failure was a huge factor is PAK's poor performances but they looked like a fearless lot yesterday. Also, in moments like this it's easy to ignore the weaknesses. PAK must find Zaman a partner he can open with. Sure, he's high at the moment and riding the crest of the wave, but life has it's downs and at such times you need two openers who can tango and are on the same page. I just don't see Azhar Ali's use. He's not a match winner and he cracks like an easter egg under pressure.. it doesn't matter now but it would have if VK had chased the 340 down and I assure you he was capable of doing so! That drop catch was all pressure.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
19224959_252316848584152_8027248781975088939_n.jpg

You should be grateful that we saved you from such a disaster :p
[HASHTAG]#ThankYouAmir[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#ThankYouFakhar[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#ThankYouPak[/HASHTAG]

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One of India's weak points was not able to have a good spin bowler of some sort in the tournament. Jaddu was not like he was in 2013 and did horrible in my opinion. Ashwin is not even an ideal LO's spinner and should only be reserved for tests. That was another difference between our bowling unit and Pakistan's. They have reliable spinners in Imad Wasim and Shadab Khan. Kuldeep Yadav instead of Ashwin would've been a better choice. Another is team selection. India missed a trick by not playing Shami/Yadav. Bumrah is clearly very weak with the new ball and there was too much pressure on Bhuveneshwar Kumar. Without him they would've scored easily around 380. India will need to find a balanced attack. If it is overseas, I would go with Kuldeep, Umesh/Shami, Bhuvi, Bumrah and Jaddu.

Karachi

County Cricketer
It appears that those who win the toss in any ICC main event final held in England tend to lose the match. I.e.

1975 World Cup Final: Australia won the toss & lost the final

1979 World Cup Final: England won the toss & lost the final

1983 World Cup Final: West Indies won the toss & lost the final

1999 World Cup Final: Pakistan won the toss & lost the final

2009 T20I Championship Final: Sri Lanka won the toss & lost the final

2013 Champions Trophy Final: England won & lost the final

2017 Champions Trophy Final: India won the toss & lost the final

[Exception is 2004 Champions Trophy where West Indies won the toss & the final]

Good luck to 2019 World Cup Final toss winner!

Last edited:
B

Bigby Wolf

And its the Indian cricketers who had to face the wrath of some fanatics fans ,former cricketers and actor. Mohammed Shami lost his cool.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
And its the Indian cricketers who had to face the wrath of some fanatics fans ,former cricketers and actor. Mohammed Shami lost his cool.

Firstly, I am not defending their actions.

But you've got to understand that India went into the final with so many stupid tweets from celebrities (namely Rishi Kapoor) and tv ads supporting India. In the stadium the atmosphere was amazing and everyone is a pumped on adrenaline. I am sure had India won, the same would have happened.

Players should just ignore and move on!

B

Bigby Wolf

Firstly, I am not defending their actions.

But you've got to understand that India went into the final with so many stupid tweets from celebrities (namely Rishi Kapoor) and tv ads supporting India. In the stadium the atmosphere was amazing and everyone is a pumped on adrenaline. I am sure had India won, the same would have happened.

Players should just ignore and move on!

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK

My bad. I am still up on adrenaline since last night. Went out and celebrated with some of my Indian friends.

Although, on a slightly unrelated note, I found Rishi Kapoor's concession tweet really stupid and disrespectful.

B

Bigby Wolf

My bad. I am still up on adrenaline since last night. Went out and celebrated with some of my Indian friends.

Although, on a slightly unrelated note, I found Rishi Kapoor's concession tweet really stupid and disrespectful.
No one takes him seriously on twitter he abuses and talks loads of rubbish and its been the same of him for years now,so it wasn't suprising at all.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

And Shami lost his dad recently. And Pakistan fans were saying "who is your father" ( Not in that context though). Maybe that added more fuel to him.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

Just let it go. We celebrate wildly and our media/Indian fanatics (including actors) do things like "Mauka Mauka" and all when we constantly beat Pakistan. This is bound to happen when they get their wins. Shami got upset because of the talk about "who is your father" when he had just lost his father, but good that MSD put his hand on Shami and took him away.

B

Bigby Wolf

Just let it go. We celebrate wildly and our media/Indian fanatics (including actors) do things like "Mauka Mauka" and all when we constantly beat Pakistan. This is bound to happen when they get their wins. Shami got upset because of the talk about "who is your father" when he had just lost his father, but good that MSD put his hand on Shami and took him away.
Fair point and its the Indians (Not all) who started it and hence will have to face consequences.

S

Satan666

Fair point and its the Indians (Not all) who started it and hence will have to face consequences.

Prolly too young to know but this has been for decades now, and yes it is you guys who started it and propagates it most in the new age via social networks, does this mean the Pak fan was right? No! Does this mean Shammi was right to react the way he did? No!

One poster here made a similar post along those lines and stopped him dead in his tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread