Ashes Cricket General Discussion

D

Deleted member 46200

I think this is getting a little hard so let's try it this way...

Two teams are officially Licensed in the game with every facet of them included. So, if the bowling animations of those bowlers are motion captured (I don't think they 'all' are) can they be assigned to the custom players in academy... ?

I am talking about an MLB the show type customisation where you can assign batting stances and pitching actions to custom players. I don't feel this is the case for Ashes cricket... I maybe wrong.... It has been known once... ? Is it that important... ?

If anyone is affected by this then we can go for a coke and smile and talk it through...

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Although licensing can lock a lot of things out, you cant trademark an action. As Maxwell has already proved, someone else can imitate your physicality - it can never be uniquely yours.

I think this is getting a little hard so let's try it this way...

Two teams are officially Licensed in the game with every facet of them included. So, if the bowling animations of those bowlers are motion captured (I don't think they 'all' are) can they be assigned to the custom players in academy... ?

The post by Chief should clear it for you.. One cannot trademark an action.. Hence an animation done through mo cap which is added to that player with graphical representation of the player gets you the player to play like he does in real life...

Eg: My bowling action is similar to that of Philander, so because of that he cannot sue me for copying his action [As one would naturally have an action or get inspired from someone]..

Hence considering this it might well be possible to assign mo cap shot animations and bowling run up action to a career player or even a player created in academy for other teams...

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
D

Deleted member 46200

So I did some thorough digging (for all of 5 seconds) and found the article that corroborates exactly what Villain said on the previous page.
So the answer to your burning question would be a resounding Yaaaaaah.
That New Ashes Cricket Game Got A Release Date And An Epic Trailer

View attachment 197734
Ahh, the catch is 'star test' players so limited but a good start I guess some on here were hoping for more but hey, it's all good I really don't give a stuff just as long as the gameplay has improved and all the problems from DBC 17 have been sorted out. Thanks for clarifying.

How's your head... ?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Even its only the star players that have been mocapped (let's say about 10 in total for both nations including men and women)given the in house mocap facility there will lots of generic batting and bowling styles mimicking by these star players (hint : Maxwell) or by some local club cricketers so I am pretty sure there will be no shortages of generic batting and bowling styles in the game which you can assign to the created players as there will be no risk of rights or trade mark issues here. And for the star players mocapped data to be assigned to the created players we already have a bald hacker going on here who is very frank on these things.

D

Deleted member 46200

I'm just thinking do we have a motion capture of the walk back after being given out... ? There's the tuck the bat under the arm in agreement, the stare at the screen as in total disbelief while walking back, then we have the sledging the bowler... I assume I am pipe dreaming but would be funny.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Ahh, the catch is 'star test' players so limited but a good start I guess some on here were hoping for more but hey, it's all good I really don't give a stuff just as long as the gameplay has improved and all the problems from DBC 17 have been sorted out. Thanks for clarifying.

How's your head... ?
Feels like I've been whacked over the noggin multiple times by a fully-licensed Gray-Nicholls Oblivion.

Mo-cap for walk backs? Not imperative considering other qualms that are doing the rounds. Perhaps as a nice little novelty inclusion in a future edition once everything else is ironed out.

Reactions: DAP
D

Deleted member 46200

Feels like I've been whacked over the noggin multiple times by a fully-licensed Gray-Nicholls Oblivion.

Mo-cap for walk backs? Not imperative considering other qualms that are doing the rounds. Perhaps as a nice little novelty inclusion in a future edition once everything else is ironed out.
I would love them to mo cap me on a walk back I can do my best stroppy walk back ever... I can moan and nag... I have been told but all rubbish.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What has been improved in Ashes Cricket gameplay wise?

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@BigAntStudios is it that every Fridays we can expect some new update from BA regarding Ashes Cricket ?

Last 2 updates has been on Friday I guess.

May I know How to pre-order PS4 copies of the game in India ?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@BigAntStudios is it that every Fridays we can expect some new update from BA regarding Ashes Cricket ?

Last 2 updates has been on Friday I guess.

May I know How to pre-order PS4 copies of the game in India ?

There's a schedule, to my dismay it's not always Friday :)

The game will be digital worldwide.

There will be limited physical media available in UAE, India, South Africa, I will put out news on that when I can.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There's a schedule, to my dismay it's not always Friday :)

You want to keep us glued to planetcricket website every day (Morning-Afternoon-Evening & Night)

Nice PR. Ha Ha Ha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread