Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Yes this is the thing and why it's so tough. People hates nicking off to perfect perfect last year.

I weirdly likes it as I just imagined I'd got an absolute jagger and it kept it unpredictable.

I dunno if you know as a beta tester but does line come into play when determining an edge? Maybe @francobaldo1 does as he's delved into that stuff with his tweaks.

In my mind defending balls wide of off-stump should be very risky when the ball is moving around. At least on higher difficulties.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I'm pretty sympathetic to be honest. Got to be SO hard to get the balance right. Any tweak they make to the game seems to throw so much other stuff off course.

Exactly! That's why it may require some patience. We want the robust AI but the perfect variety of dismissals. Pre release we had it. But something has changed

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Haha, edges are something I've had a few of. Never had a bat pad.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I dunno if you know as a beta tester but does line come into play when determining an edge? Maybe @francobaldo1 does as he's delved into that stuff with his tweaks.

For me defending balls wide of off-stump should be very risky when the ball is moving around. At least on higher difficulties.

No idea but agree!![DOUBLEPOST=1511116672][/DOUBLEPOST]
Haha, edges are something I've had a few of. Never had a bat pad.

I have had them, but they are less than what they used to be and not the same. I had a couple in my videos

Rhone

International Cricketer
Anyway, this is all good chat and food for thought for testing.

I LOVE the game.

My gripe at moment is pitch visuals and deterioration which is being looked at.

And edges for AI and User batting[DOUBLEPOST=1511116500][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yeah, saw that, it should be tougher, it was tougher

Shame you can only test on PC as i'd definately help out with testing if it was available on PS4. A bit off topic but Battlefield 1 recently introudcued a community test environment on console so it is starting to happen. Obvs they gave resources and funds far in excess of BigAnt though.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Worth noting that we also made the most progress on DBC17 in terms of game-play after the game was released on PC. And we'll still be starting from a much better position this time around.

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Guys I think we have another stumping bug... This one is actually an issue though, the keeper doesn't take the chance to stump. Just stands there holding the ball

sandy50

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just received my copy today. First of all big up to @BigAnts for delivering an excellent product. Right from shot animations to motion capture to shot execution feels so fluid and smooth. AI is aggressive which is what I was waiting since DBC 14. While chasing we can't take the AI for granted and we really need to bowl tight and tidy to restrict them while even chasing 200+ scores in T20s. +1 for that. Havn't jumped to Test and Odi yet. The only issue which needs to be fixed right now is the AI running between the wickets. They are not taking easy singles. I'm sure this issue will be fixed in the upcoming updates and the game will near perfection. Once again congratulations @BigAnts and @Ross for delivering an excellent product.

Redfive

School Cricketer
Sample size of 1 but just had Root (me) nick to the keeper playing a forward defensive to Cummins.

Veteran/hard/hard, day 3 of a hard pristine gabba pitch, ball 42.3 overs old

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Sample size of 1 but just had Root (me) nick to the keeper playing a forward defensive to Cummins.

Veteran/hard/hard, day 3 of a hard pristine gabba pitch, ball 42.3 overs old

Yeah it's deffo there, just was a better balance before hand.

No need for anyone to panic, but it's why people need to chill on the demands

Users who are viewing this thread