Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Anyone had a wicket like this in the game?

I've watched quite a lot of footage/streams but can't remember seeing just a thin nick off a forward prod taken by the keeper.

In the patch notes for 1.04 there was something about spinners getting into line better. I wondered if this has been translated into getting into line better against everyone and hence never getting a play and miss. I think it may be the dead deck and that has almost too much bearing on what happens. Although having a look at some of the dross dead pitches served up IRL, maybe it is realistic.

In the patch notes for 1.04 there was something about spinners getting into line better. I wondered if this has been translated into getting into line better against everyone and hence never getting a play and miss. I think it may be the dead deck and that has almost too much bearing on what happens. Although having a look at some of the dross dead pitches served up IRL, maybe it is realistic.

In line was just the animation not overlapping the back line

Yeah I'm not so convinced with edges at mo. If anything needs tweaking its them. I don't edge when batting much either

One of the first pieces of feedback I made all the way back when DBC14 was released was that the forward defensive should be a bit safer, because back then you would nick off all the time playing it. Now I think it's gone the other way and it's just a bit too safe, especially for the player.

What I think would be good is that defending on the stumps is relatively safe, but if you start prodding and defending at balls that are outside off, especially moving ones, then he chances of nicking off become much higher. This encourages the player to leave balls outside off and only play at ones they need to, just like a real batsman. Now I obviously haven't had a bat in Ashes but at least in DBC17 I don't think I ever got out playing a forward defensive, so perhaps something to look into.

Users who are viewing this thread