Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The IPL will have its own window in the new FTP from 2019. Only a couple of small series, such as a 3-match ODI series between England and the Netherlands will be played during the IPL.

What are players from countries such as Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Ireland, etc., who will have zero or very few cricketers participating, supposed to do during this period? Sit at home and watch Star Sports? A domestic competition should never have the same status as an international one. I thought the ICC had finally got some sense, but sadly it will always remain a club with a VIP section which has all the treats, and the others left to pick up the leftovers.
The IPL will not be part of the period in which the teams can play whoever they want outside the league, so no one can arrange any other series as well. This effectively shuts out smaller countries plus Pakistan (i'm sure they had this in mind) from playing during that period.
The 2019 WC will begin four days after the IPL ends.

Last edited:
B

Bigby Wolf

How come ecb agrees to this is beyond me?
England's international season starts in mid may almost year and this has been the set pattern for a long long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
This finally proves...

ICC = BCCI :p

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Not sure if this is the right thread to post but just saw this;

Sums up my thoughts, I understand they want cricket to be mainstream but never been a fan of this T20 apart from a few International matches after a test/odi series for entertainment...It's not real cricket.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Think from the players perspective and not a fan perspective whether or not T20 cricket is good. T20 cricket is here to stay and is not going anywhere. Indian Premier League will take place from April to May end. IPL getting its own window from players perspective is really good. Players earn really good money through IPL and few players like Ponting, Clarke back in the start days wanted to play IPL but wanted to keep country first. Now keeping country first situation is out of the picture as no series will take place during IPL. I wonder giving IPL a window would actually solve all West Indies so called problem as Michael Holding mentioned in the above video. The Gayles and Bravos get their money and yet do not loose playing for the country. So I see from players perspective and its really good to have a window for IPL.

Also it was not the IPL that spoiled West Indies cricket, it was the West Indies cricket board and how they ran the cricket that spoiled the cricket in West Indies.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Think from the players perspective and not a fan perspective whether or not T20 cricket is good. T20 cricket is here to stay and is not going anywhere. Indian Premier League will take place from April to May end. IPL getting its own window from players perspective is really good. Players earn really good money through IPL and few players like Ponting, Clarke back in the start days wanted to play IPL but wanted to keep country first. Now keeping country first situation is out of the picture as no series will take place during IPL. I wonder giving IPL a window would actually solve all West Indies so called problem as Michael Holding mentioned in the above video. The Gayles and Bravos get their money and yet do not loose playing for the country. So I see from players perspective and its really good to have a window for IPL.

Also it was not the IPL that spoiled West Indies cricket, it was the West Indies cricket board and how they ran the cricket that spoiled the cricket in West Indies.
What are players from countries such as Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Ireland, etc., who will have zero or very few cricketers participating, supposed to do during this period? Sit at home and watch Star Sports?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Not all players play in IPL anyways. There are lot of Sri Lankan players in IPL, Pakistan can continue having series with Bangladesh and Ireland during that time. There is a window for IPL does not mean those who do not participate cannot play their own series.

D

Deleted member 46200

Sorry for sounding thick what does FTP stand for x

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Not all players play in IPL anyways. There are lot of Sri Lankan players in IPL, Pakistan can continue having series with Bangladesh and Ireland during that time. There is a window for IPL does not mean those who do not participate cannot play their own series.
The IPL will not be part of the period in which the teams can play whoever they want outside the league, so no one can arrange any other series as well.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Pakistan is the only country I see most affected and to an extent Bangladesh. Watch ARY tv :p instead of Star Sports. Majority of the players and majority of the countries will benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread