IPL to have own window in new FTP

Do you agree with this decision?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
S

Satan666

Pakistan is the only country I see most affected and to an extent Bangladesh. Watch ARY tv :p instead of Star Sports. Majority of the players and majority of the countries will benefit.

How will players/fans and the boards of WI/SA/NZ benefit? How have they benefitted over the years?

This is to all those posting on the forum its great to voice your opinions and make points but please give some facts or justification for your reasoning. If not I’ll be there to ask you.[DOUBLEPOST=1515282086][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not all players play in IPL anyways. There are lot of Sri Lankan players in IPL, Pakistan can continue having series with Bangladesh and Ireland during that time. There is a window for IPL does not mean those who do not participate cannot play their own series.

Certainly thats the case for Pakistan since none of their players are allowed to part in the IPL, however Bangladesh without a talisman in Shakib or the WI without a Narine/Pollard.[DOUBLEPOST=1515282118][/DOUBLEPOST]Great opening post @CerealKiller.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Not sure if this is the right thread to post but just saw this;

Sums up my thoughts, I understand they want cricket to be mainstream but never been a fan of this T20 apart from a few International matches after a test/odi series for entertainment...It's not real cricket.

What rubbish? What an absolute load of pure unadulterated rubbish from Mike Holding! He says he has a book where he has nothing good to say about the BCCI and IPL and that the book won't sell in India. :rolleyes For all of BCCI's power grabbing techniques, the IPL and leagues of its sort has improved world cricket in a much better way. It has definitely improved the game of many cricketers in better ways (I can speak from India's perspective; many domestic cricketers are coming up in a big way due to rubbing shoulders with the big stars in world cricket). Second, the IPL has helped tone down sledging in a significant way because you might be bitter rivals in international cricket but you are teammates when playing for a franchise in a T20 league. That has helped. It has helped make cricket more of a full time profession in under developed countries (e.g. in India, I am sure an IPL contract very likely gives you the financial security of not needing another profession). You can keep going.

I for one, would be very happy if the model of international cricket DIES and franchise based cricket takes the leap going forward. One major reason for this opinion of mine is that players patriotism for the country is constantly put to question if they prioritize personal life over playing for their country's official cricket board's team (for e.g. playing for their employer BCCI means they are representing India, the country). This is utter bullocks as representing India in an actual war is different from representing India in a sport run by a private board which does not even want to come under the government's Right to Information Act. When players say marriage is more important to them than playing for their board XI (which is called 'India' by the way), they are roasted and trolled for not putting country first. But if they play for franchise, this will change. De-linking patriotism from sport will help in a big way.

S

Satan666

What rubbish? What an absolute load of pure unadulterated rubbish from Mike Holding! He says he has a book where he has nothing good to say about the BCCI and IPL and that the book won't sell in India. :rolleyes For all of BCCI's power grabbing techniques, the IPL and leagues of its sort has improved world cricket in a much better way. It has definitely improved the game of many cricketers in better ways (I can speak from India's perspective; many domestic cricketers are coming up in a big way due to rubbing shoulders with the big stars in world cricket). Second, the IPL has helped tone down sledging in a significant way because you might be bitter rivals in international cricket but you are teammates when playing for a franchise in a T20 league. That has helped. It has helped make cricket more of a full time profession in under developed countries (e.g. in India, I am sure an IPL contract very likely gives you the financial security of not needing another profession). You can keep going.

I for one, would be very happy if the model of international cricket DIES and franchise based cricket takes the leap going forward. One major reason for this opinion of mine is that players patriotism for the country is constantly put to question if they prioritize personal life over playing for their country's official cricket board's team (for e.g. playing for their employer BCCI means they are representing India, the country). This is utter bullocks as representing India in an actual war is different from representing India in a sport run by a private board which does not even want to come under the government's Right to Information Act. When players say marriage is more important to them than playing for their board XI (which is called 'India' by the way), they are roasted and trolled for not putting country first. But if they play for franchise, this will change. De-linking patriotism from sport will help in a big way.

This post represents the positives from an Indian fan about Indian cricket and thats the underlying problem I have with you guys here.

You couldnt make one postive in that post about other international teams because there simply aint none.

Basically test cricket should be scrapped as you alluded to in your post, obviously cuz SA is kicking yall in the series.

You people make me sick and are a representation of all that is wrong in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread