General Cricket Discussion

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
That is never going to happen and I am proud of that fact. India is only growing as a country. With the country growing, BCCI will only become powerful. This can only change if USA or China come up in cricket or else its going to be BCCI earning profit margins. Now I am not advocating dictatorship, but hey if I am working more, I should be paid more. So if the advertisors feel that matches of India get them more revenue, so be it. Oh also if not US, China, one other way is people themselves getting bored of cricket and football rising more and more. If it happens margins can reduce. Until then day dreaming is a good option.
Yeah that as well I guess, but people of india and pakistan haven't got problem and they love to see a series between the 2 countries but the governments are just not getting along and it's getting worse now sadly.
hopefully after the election we have a new government and hope to see the 2 the country work towards peace and not war...I mean UK and Germany did it.

S

Satan666

That is never going to happen and I am proud of that fact. India is only growing as a country. With the country growing, BCCI will only become powerful. This can only change if USA or China come up in cricket or else its going to be BCCI earning profit margins. Now I am not advocating dictatorship, but hey if I am working more, I should be paid more. So if the advertisors feel that matches of India get them more revenue, so be it. Oh also if not US, China, one other way is people themselves getting bored of cricket and football rising more and more. If it happens margins can reduce. Until then day dreaming is a good option.

History shows the crash of all great empires. Perhaps may not occur in our lifetime.

S

Satan666

So in effect your proud of Zimbabwe cricket close to death because theyre not participating in the world cup? Yes thats how bad things are! You are proud that county cricket is under serious threat from the IPL?

Explain your understanding of BCCI doing more work, doesnt it all boil down to the Indians’ love of the game? The ones who already struggling to make ends meet still shell out some extra to watch a game? Agree with you though an economic recession in India could result in depreciating BCCI financial return.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So in effect your proud of Zimbabwe cricket close to death because theyre not participating in the world cup? Yes thats how bad things are! You are proud that county cricket is under serious threat from the IPL?

Explain your understanding of BCCI doing more work, doesnt it all boil down to the Indians’ love of the game? The ones who already struggling to make ends meet still shell out some extra to watch a game? Agree with you though an economic recession in India could result in depreciating BCCI financial return.

Nope, Zimbabwe Cricket is now close to death not because of IPL or BCCI. It was the rampant corruption that led to its fall. Zimbabwe Cricket receives $94 million dollars from ICC for 2016 to 2023. That is $19 million more than it received in previous cycle. Where is that money going? Zims do not tour anyone that much nor do they hold any tours at home. The domestic cricket gets abandoned, so where the hell is the money going? Look at Ireland and Afghanistan on how with less money have developed themselves. So Zimbabwe Cricket dying is their own fault and certainly not BCCI's or IPL's. Heck no Zimbabwe plays in IPL and the last one to play if I remember correctly was Taibu for KKR.

Although there are handful of English players playing in IPL (11) there roughly 250 more players playing county cricket. So your argument about county cricket under threat from IPL is just baseless since you think 11 players can halt and degrade county cricket?

Instead of finding a way to criticize BCCI/IPL and making it a reason of everything wrong in cricket, blame ECB and England Cricket. The KOLPAK deals are hurting teams more than IPL. South African cricket is already in disarray with so many good players taking Kolpak, Zimbabwe faced this issue and will face again. Ireland lost Eoin Morgan who is captain of English side. Guts to blame ECB?

Also Indians love the game and there is nothing wrong. Indians come to watch games wherever it may be and whichever part of the world. Not just Indians, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans, Bangladeshi all fans come in equal numbers if their players are playing. So blaming a set of crowd coming to watch a game is pretty useless and senseless. Also there are other leagues BBL, BPL, PSL, CPL , the upcoming SLPL & England's T20 league. So blame all, not just one. Just because there is money it does not mean things can be blamed with the one with more money ;).

And I am saying it once more, India is in a "Solid Development Zone" since last 10 good years. It will only rise and not fall, India's GDP is amongst the top countries and BCCI will only rise with the country. So we are here to stay, dominate and rule.

S

Satan666

Nope, Zimbabwe Cricket is now close to death not because of IPL or BCCI. It was the rampant corruption that led to its fall. Zimbabwe Cricket receives $94 million dollars from ICC for 2016 to 2023. That is $19 million more than it received in previous cycle. Where is that money going? Zims do not tour anyone that much nor do they hold any tours at home. The domestic cricket gets abandoned, so where the hell is the money going? Look at Ireland and Afghanistan on how with less money have developed themselves. So Zimbabwe Cricket dying is their own fault and certainly not BCCI's or IPL's. Heck no Zimbabwe plays in IPL and the last one to play if I remember correctly was Taibu for KKR.

Shouldnt we be our brother’s keeper? The news articles with the big 3 takeover are well documented, no need for us to return there. All I am saying its coincidental with Indian run cricket that Zimbabwe cricket is close to death, have a read of this article which paints a great picture on the falling out of the WC and so on:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...icket-sacks-captain-cremer-all-coaching-staff

Although there are handful of English players playing in IPL (11) there roughly 250 more players playing county cricket. So your argument about county cricket under threat from IPL is just baseless since you think 11 players can halt and degrade county cricket?

The counties recently held a meeting to discuss the issue and below is an article showing how serious of an issue this is:

https://www.google.tt/amp/s/www.tel...-help-stem-ipl-exodus-lobby-compensation/amp/

At present Yorkshire is in a mess.

Instead of finding a way to criticize BCCI/IPL and making it a reason of everything wrong in cricket, blame ECB and England Cricket. The KOLPAK deals are hurting teams more than IPL. South African cricket is already in disarray with so many good players taking Kolpak, Zimbabwe faced this issue and will face again. Ireland lost Eoin Morgan who is captain of English side. Guts to blame ECB?

Can add Jofra Archer of WI to that list also. In SA case it is hurting them for sure but thats more than money hungry chasing in IPL or plundering. SA have many rooted issues with the quota system and not necessarily England enticing them over. To the level at which the Indians are plundering the English pales in comparison but hey playing the victim card again!

Also Indians love the game and there is nothing wrong. Indians come to watch games wherever it may be and whichever part of the world. Not just Indians, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans, Bangladeshi all fans come in equal numbers if their players are playing. So blaming a set of crowd coming to watch a game is pretty useless and senseless. Also there are other leagues BBL, BPL, PSL, CPL , the upcoming SLPL & England's T20 league. So blame all, not just one. Just because there is money it does not mean things can be blamed with the one with more money ;).

I ask the question what are they getting in this economic boom? The margins between India’s wealthy and poor are they being significantly reduced? Do you care to know at all? At the end of it all its those unsung heroes have the BCCI dicating world cricket!

And I am saying it once more, India is in a "Solid Development Zone" since last 10 good years. It will only rise and not fall, India's GDP is amongst the top countries and BCCI will only rise with the country. So we are here to stay, dominate and rule.

Sadly this is true, as I posted earlier it may not happen in our lifetime but eventually all great empires crash. I feel very sorry for you being proud of a nation that dominates and rules in such of a manner that have turned a blind eye to the crisis in Yemen amongst other items.[/QUOTE]

Kass D

County Cricketer
Shouldnt we be our brother’s keeper? The news articles with the big 3 takeover are well documented, no need for us to return there. All I am saying its coincidental with Indian run cricket that Zimbabwe cricket is close to death, have a read of this article which paints a great picture on the falling out of the WC and so on:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...icket-sacks-captain-cremer-all-coaching-staff

The counties recently held a meeting to discuss the issue and below is an article showing how serious of an issue this is:

https://www.google.tt/amp/s/www.tel...-help-stem-ipl-exodus-lobby-compensation/amp/

At present Yorkshire is in a mess.

Can add Jofra Archer of WI to that list also. In SA case it is hurting them for sure but thats more than money hungry chasing in IPL or plundering. SA have many rooted issues with the quota system and not necessarily England enticing them over. To the level at which the Indians are plundering the English pales in comparison but hey playing the victim card again!

I ask the question what are they getting in this economic boom? The margins between India’s wealthy and poor are they being significantly reduced? Do you care to know at all? At the end of it all its those unsung heroes have the BCCI dicating world cricket!

Sadly this is true, as I posted earlier it may not happen in our lifetime but eventually all great empires crash. I feel very sorry for you being proud of a nation that dominates and rules in such of a manner that have turned a blind eye to the crisis in Yemen amongst other items.
[/QUOTE]
Looking at your arguments i feel there is lot of misinformed anger. You do understand we need money in our sport to sustain it. If India stop playing cricket tomorrow, do you think cricket will have a chance to grow. Like i mentioned before am not a Indian, i may not like everything BCCI is doing. Yet we have to be practical. After all you me all of us love the game

S

Satan666

Looking at your arguments i feel there is lot of misinformed anger. You do understand we need money in our sport to sustain it. If India stop playing cricket tomorrow, do you think cricket will have a chance to grow. Like i mentioned before am not a Indian, i may not like everything BCCI is doing. Yet we have to be practical. After all you me all of us love the game

From my view T20 has taken over, all I see when I log in cricinfo is the IPL. Test cricket and ODI is a dying art, T20 has destroyed SL and WI cricket and is systematically destroying English cricket as well, never have we seen the Associate/Affiliates stagnated! All this happening at a time when Indians are in control!

See my love of the game is already weakened because I hate everything the IPL represents.

Yes you are right Indians are the economic powerhouse, but come tomorrow the Indian empire falls the game of cricket will still continue and may even prosper, possible benefits are the death of the IPL which will open the door to test cricket playing amongst other nations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kass D

County Cricketer
From my view T20 has taken over, all I see when I log in cricinfo is the IPL. Test cricket and ODI is a dying art, T20 has destroyed SL and WI cricket and is systematically destroying English cricket as well, never have we seen the Associate/Affiliates stagnated! All this happening at a time when Indians are in control!

See my love of the game is already weakened because I hate everything the IPL represents.

Yes you are right Indians are the economic powerhouse, but come tomorrow the Indian empire falls the game of cricket will still continue and may even prosper, possible benefits are the death of the IPL which will open the door to test cricket playing amongst other nations.
Dude i dont know why would you say t20 destroyed SL cricket. Neglecting a generation of sri lankan cricketers, unnecessary club teams and administration malpractice made sri lankan cricket lose its quality but i can assure you its only a setback. Within a year sri lankan brand of cricket will return. And your complaint about t20 is probobly like what people said about ODIs in 70s. Change is good, change will make sure our sport will continue.
And let me also remind you, decline of WI cricket started in 1995. Thats got nothing to do with t20s

S

Satan666

Dude i dont know why would you say t20 destroyed SL cricket. Neglecting a generation of sri lankan cricketers, unnecessary club teams and administration malpractice made sri lankan cricket lose its quality but i can assure you its only a setback. Within a year sri lankan brand of cricket will return. And your complaint about t20 is probobly like what people said about ODIs in 70s. Change is good, change will make sure our sport will continue.
And let me also remind you, decline of WI cricket started in 1995. Thats got nothing to do with t20s

Hey enjoy the IPL, while it lasts!

S

Satan666

Ill enjoy any cricket while it lasts, without giving it a political agenda

Just a reminder to you and the wolves liking your posts that politics still keep Pakistani players out of the IPL! Oh the irony.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Just a reminder to you and the wolves liking your posts that politics still keep Pakistani players out of the IPL! Oh the irony.
Oh yes politics is keeping the Pakistani players out, actually its more than politics but you wont understand. Also I think my Pakistani brothers are doing just fine without the IPL. They have a well established PSL that is doing well and will do well. Lot of international talents playing in PSL so what is the fascination of playing in IPL? Isnt IPL bad enough for you ? Why are you keen on spoiling Pakstain's cricket by making their players play in IPL?

Leaving all sarcasm apart, I think Pakistan cricket is doing fine without their players participating in IPL and vice-verse. If there was no PSL, I would have been critical but lot of good and bad Pakistani players make their money playing all around the globe, they no longer need IPL.

S

Satan666

Oh yes politics is keeping the Pakistani players out, actually its more than politics but you wont understand. Also I think my Pakistani brothers are doing just fine without the IPL. They have a well established PSL that is doing well and will do well. Lot of international talents playing in PSL so what is the fascination of playing in IPL? Isnt IPL bad enough for you ? Why are you keen on spoiling Pakstain's cricket by making their players play in IPL?

Leaving all sarcasm apart, I think Pakistan cricket is doing fine without their players participating in IPL and vice-verse. If there was no PSL, I would have been critical but lot of good and bad Pakistani players make their money playing all around the globe, they no longer need IPL.

Why not try me? Share with us other than politics the reasons, who knows I may understand or others might learn why. We’re on the general discussion thread so let us know!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Why not try me? Share with us other than politics the reasons, who knows I may understand or others might learn why. We’re on the general discussion thread so let us know!
I tend to avoid discussions of India and Pakistan. I have said it before and will say it again, I have no whatsoever problems with Pakistan. I have quite a few friends here in USA who are from Pakistan. The problems both countries face is open to world and no one country is right or wrong. Until the problems are not rectified no cricket can happen. Also India and Pakistan do play cricket every now and then in WC's and now Asia cup. I am fine with that, there are too many butt hurt religiously sentimental people on both side of the border and the population of sane people who are not butt hurt and religiously sentimental is way too less. So no I do not want to try you or anyone, I want this to be cricketing forums with cricketing discussions.

Users who are viewing this thread