The PC Texture Tweaks & Mods Thread: India Test Pack & Duke Ball Released!

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
They're fine on mine. It's weird because the crest and kit logo are in the right place. So, I'm not sure what's happening.

Looking at the textures, the "alinta energy" logos are not flipped horizontally on the retro or ODI kits. Since you said it's fine in-game for you is it possible you uploaded an older version of the files by mistake?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Looking at the textures, the "alinta energy" logos are not flipped horizontally on the retro or ODI kits. Since you said it's fine in-game for you is it possible you uploaded an older version of the files by mistake?
It's quite possible. I did forget to flip them back originally. Will double check the file.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
@Spoobir did you have to create your own textures (the nrm and mat versions) for the England caps? I have the TXPK creator but I'm struggling to figure out how to do it with bats. I can get a new design on but there's this ghost texture (probably the nrm and mat) which appear too.

Spoobir

@Spoobir did you have to create your own textures (the nrm and mat versions) for the England caps? I have the TXPK creator but I'm struggling to figure out how to do it with bats. I can get a new design on but there's this ghost texture (probably the nrm and mat) which appear too.

Yes I did but I don't believe I actually put the txpk file into the pack because it was only a very slight NatWest logo on the back of the cap.

You'll need to create a txpk with the correct edited texture files from props/bat/textures I think.

Edit: Just checked and the Caps txpk is in there.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Yes I did but I don't believe I actually put the txpk file into the pack because it was only a very slight NatWest logo on the back of the cap.

You'll need to create a txpk with the correct edited texture files from props/bat/textures I think.
I've tried following the instructions. Created a bat texture (attached).

Put that in the txpk \ props \ bats \ textures
Edited the fileindexes

When I run the TXPK tool I get file could not be found error and the txpk file isn't being created.

Not sure if it's perhaps to do with the latest patch meaning the creator isn't effective (although the blobset tool is working), I'm understanding how it should be done or not following the instructions correctly.

Any ideas? If you're not sure I'm copying in @Wouldubeinta if they're still around.

Attachments

• texture.png
    texture.png
    715.9 KB · Views: 25

Spoobir

I've tried following the instructions. Created a bat texture (attached).

Put that in the txpk \ props \ bats \ textures
Edited the fileindexes

When I run the TXPK tool I get file could not be found error and the txpk file isn't being created.

Not sure if it's perhaps to do with the latest patch meaning the creator isn't effective (although the blobset tool is working), I'm understanding how it should be done or not following the instructions correctly.

Any ideas? If you're not sure I'm copying in @Wouldubeinta if they're still around.

Have you set the proper ddsPaths.txt, fileIndexes.txt and headerIndex.txt in the txpk folder?

Oh you said you did that. Can you tell me which file you're trying to edit?

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Have you set the proper ddsPaths.txt, fileIndexes.txt and headerIndex.txt in the txpk folder?

Oh you said you did that. Can you tell me which file you're trying to edit?
Props\Bats\Textures\graynicolls_supernova_col

I can get the texture into the game using the blobset creator (replacing the 4 files form the convant2-temp-intermediate folder) but if you look at the attachment in this post https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...pdated-jan-6-2019.109302/page-20#post-3313612 the old design is still there (I'm guessing in the nrm and/or mat form).

Spoobir

Props\Bats\Textures\graynicolls_supernova_col

I can get the texture into the game using the blobset creator (replacing the 4 files form the convant2-temp-intermediate folder) but if you look at the attachment in this post https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...pdated-jan-6-2019.109302/page-20#post-3313612 the old design is still there (I'm guessing in the nrm and/or mat form).

You need to have all the files with the same index in the txpk folder or it won't work. Try with this one: rename it to "txpk" and replace the NRM and Mat files with your edited versions, then try creating the txpk file and adding it with the blobset tool.

Attachments

• Supernova txpk.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 27

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
You need to have all the files with the same index in the txpk folder or it won't work. Try with this one: rename it to "txpk" and replace the NRM and Mat files with your edited versions, then try creating the txpk file and adding it with the blobset tool.
I got that working! You're a star. I didn't have (or didn't know I needed to create) the headerindex or ddspaths files. The ghost images have gone. Thanks dude.

NEXT QUESTION: how do I do the NRM and MAT files? Is it just a case of adjusting them to get as close to right as possible or is there a a quicker way? I'm clueless.

Spoobir

I got that working! You're a star. I didn't have (or didn't know I needed to create) the headerindex or ddspaths files. The ghost images have gone. Thanks dude.

NEXT QUESTION: how do I do the NRM and MAT files? Is it just a case of adjusting them to get as close to right as possible or is there a a quicker way? I'm clueless.

Normal and Material editing isn't something I have a lot of experience with unfortunately. There are programs that will generate them based on an image but I'm not sure how good they'd work for Ashes.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Normal and Material editing isn't something I have a lot of experience with unfortunately. There are programs that will generate them based on an image but I'm not sure how good they'd work for Ashes.
I've fudged it and found a way, like most of the stuff I've learned about modding and creating in the academy. Just a bit of layering and recolouring.

Had a crack at a used bat to replace a generic one. That seems to have worked too. Looks like I'll be spending the weekend making bats.

Thank you very much for the help.

Attachments

• 20190125115656_1.jpg
    20190125115656_1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 35

Spoobir

I've fudged it and found a way, like most of the stuff I've learned about modding and creating in the academy. Just a bit of layering and recolouring.

Had a crack at a used bat to replace a generic one. That seems to have worked too. Looks like I'll be spending the weekend making bats.

Thank you very much for the help.

That looks great man. Glad someone else is still doing some modding while I've been slacking! :p

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Hopefully @Spoobir doesn't mind me hijacking this thread (let me know if you do).

This is my first set of modded bats. Read me attached with instructions how to install (they might not make as much sense because I changed the zip to one file).

If there are ones you don't want, remove the relevant txpx file (don't put in txpx folder) and textures (don't put in the props\bats\textures folder) before creating the blobset.

They will overwrite the existing ones in-game versions.

yeNE58j.jpg
TkJVgHt.jpg
0FqTsUn.jpg
TWs5z5x.jpg
6W49BfA.jpg
EsvRKxl.jpg
KqrXbiM.jpg
yyzTeRj.jpg
LekvVEP.jpg
sHmBjl5.jpg
qVakPfZ.jpg
6NIPMiY.jpg