Cricket 19 General Discussion

I'm sorry mate, but I can't really help. I don't work with Big Ant and have never worked with a gaming company before so I don't know how licenses completely work. I don't think they would need licenses for retired players generally speaking though.
Any one expert can you put some input on this how difficult it can be or how does it work

To add to this

While batting, at the end of each over the two batsman can exchange instructions like select an option from the following list
-Let’s consolidate
-Play your natural game
-Let’s Maintain current Run Rate
-Let’s increase the Run Rate or achieve the Required Run Rate
-Let’s go all out on the attack

Same while bowling, the captain (ourself) can instruct the bowler by selecting an option from the following list
-Go for wickets
-Play your natural game
-Stop singles
-Prevent boundaries
-intimidate the batsman
How about keeper telling the bowler well bowled mate or giving few ideas in their own languages country wise

Aslo will like to see spinners bowling with sunglasses again was there in dbc 17 like mark waugh use to do
Yeah an option whether to have a spinner bowl with or without sunglasses would be good while creating or editing a player in the Academy. Some spinners always wear sunglasses when bowling so it would be a nice touch.

I had a very quick go trying to make a player (guess who) using the play face. Quick go meaning I downloaded the AO demo and made this in ten minutes with no idea what I'm actually doing. For comparison my Ashes 17 effort is included.

Mods, if you feel it necessary please stick this in a seperate thread.

Attachments

• 773350_20190311140942_1.png
    773350_20190311140942_1.png
    658.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 649640_20190311141134_1.png
    649640_20190311141134_1.png
    626.4 KB · Views: 81
I had a very quick go trying to make a player (guess who) using the play face. Quick go meaning I downloaded the AO demo and made this in ten minutes with no idea what I'm actually doing. For comparison my Ashes 17 effort is included.

Mods, if you feel it necessary please stick this in a seperate thread.
Kane Williamson fair job, much better than I could do. Imagine if you spent more than 10 minutes doing his face, it would probably be even better. The graphics look so much better and realistic with play face, how did you feel using it personally?

Agree, think we may need to create a playface or academy thread soon with this stuff being posted. Will leave it up to the staff to decide though of course.

Kane Williamson fair job, much better than I could do. Imagine if you spent more than 10 minutes doing his face, it would probably be even better. The graphics look so much better and realistic with play face, how did you feel using it personally.

Agree, think we may need to create a playface or academy thread soon with this stuff being posted. Will leave it up to the staff to decide though.

I spent about the same time making one using the standard tools (obviously 210cm). I personally think it looks better if not equally good. It at least doesn't look like Kane Williamson after several botched plastic surgeries (there's a hint of Benedict Cumberbatch too). That's not a criticism of the tools, as I say it was a first attempt. Maybe with more practice, some guides I could make better ones. The system may have been improved upon too and made more user friendly.

Of course it is also dependent upon the availability of good quality images to use. I managed to find this picture https://img.timesnownews.com/10_1533717360__rend_1_1.jpg it was probably the best one.

It doesn't seem as user friendly as the method like Football Manager has.

I certainly hope there are more hairstyles in C19 than in AO.

The inclusion of the AO Tennis Tools on Steam does at least give me some hope we might see a standalone academy for C19. I'm sure there are lot of people who would be happy to see that make a return.

Attachments

• 773350_20190311144050_1.png
    773350_20190311144050_1.png
    844.5 KB · Views: 59
I spent about the same time making one using the standard tools (obviously 210cm). I personally think it looks better if not equally good. It at least doesn't look like Kane Williamson after several botched plastic surgeries (there's a hint of Benedict Cumberbatch too). That's not a criticism of the tools, as I say it was a first attempt. Maybe with more practice, some guides I could make better ones. The system may have been improved upon too and made more user friendly.

Of course it is also dependent upon the availability of good quality images to use. I managed to find this picture https://img.timesnownews.com/10_1533717360__rend_1_1.jpg it was probably the best one.

The inclusion of the AO Tennis Tools on Steam does at least give me some hope we might see a standalone academy for C19. I'm sure there are lot of people who would be happy to see that make a return.
210 cm you mentioned is it his head size .
Haha
Good work done buddy

Can’t stress enough the need for a more user friendly PlayFace this time around and a tutorial, like they did for the logo creator. Not a bad effort , mate. @Llewelynf made some absolute awesome likenesses in AO. How long did I take you to do Federer and Djokovic, mate, as they were spot on.

Can’t stress enough the need for a more user friendly PlayFace this time around and a tutorial, like they did for the logo creator. Not a bad effort , mate. @Llewelynf made some absolute awesome likenesses in AO. How long did I take you to do Federer and Djokovic, mate, as they were spot on.
To be completely honest, having played around a bit more with the AO tools, I'm struggling to see what real benefit the play face thing adds.

One more recommendation. There should be a better system when assigning stadiums. The present system is far too tedious. You have to scroll through each stadium, that seem to be listed in a rather counter-intuitive way. We should be able to look up stadiums, just like players, when assigning them to teams. This can be further filtered through country, again, just like looking up players.
I am with you on this. The stadiums should be assigned to the respective countries that way it will be easy to navigate.

I wonder if BA are planning to make annual releases, would be cool if this is the foundation for a regular release

The one feeling I got from AC17 was that it felt so buggy and unfinished. DBC14 felt like a polished game, everything ran smooth, it had some gameplay bugs etc but that's a given with games.

I wonder if BA are planning to make annual releases, would be cool if this is the foundation for a regular release

The one feeling I got from AC17 was that it felt so buggy and unfinished. DBC14 felt like a polished game, everything ran smooth, it had some gameplay bugs etc but that's a given with games.
DBC14 was unlicensed, so they had time to get it right on their own. The licensed games are always going to be under time constraints (the last two Ashes series), so, like you say, don't have the same level of polish.

Users who are viewing this thread