Cricket 19 General Discussion

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Big ant and notorious. Dude listen to yourself. It's a fact that BA is the most committed and passionate game developer in the world who creates games for such a niche market. Not like that are going to make money like fifa games or CoD games. The amount of work they do with getting involved with beta testers is truly praiseworthy.
Not like we have 10 different cricket games to choose from. Why do you think EA and code masters stopped making cricket games (apart from sucking at it)
Just show a little gratitude. I really feel for Ross and BA stuff that they dont get enough credit
I respect that that is a well said comment

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Absolutely... You hand over the cash to buy a legitimate copy from a legitimate vendor, the onus isn't on you to check the release date (good grief, check with the Big Ant staff if it is okay to play yet), then you come up with an issue and it's not allowed to be discussed?

I also wonder of the people, the majority, who don't get to this forum to be reassured that "Yeah we will patch it."

It's not a great look. Breaking street release date however isn't Big Ants fault, but there is a right for issues to be discussed without being shot down.

If I was BA I'd be reviewing my relationship with certain distributors and retailers. Surely there is a breach of contract somewhere here?

The Bigger Question here is basically :

Why are the Game being shipped "Buggy/85 %" , vs "Close to perfection/95%" .

Imagine the Convo at BA Studios a month ago :

Employee : Ross, we are still unable to track down the darn Stats Bug issue , as well as the Fielders sliding over the rope, and the Pitch resetting...

Ross : Just shut up, and send the Code for Printing Discs, we can sort it out afterwards, there is no more time.

Employee : But Boss, we havent done it over two Games now its been years ?

Ross : Well, we will try OK? Now just go and be gone ! Cannot risk missing our Dates.

BTW, just Pre-ordered my Copy, you better be right about the Mighty Day One fixer of all... :)

Parcelmoose

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England

Employee : Ross, we are still unable to track down the darn Stats Bug issue , as well as the Fielders sliding over the rope, and the Pitch resetting...

Ross : Just shut up, and send the Code for Printing Discs, we can sort it out afterwards, there is no more time.

Ross : Well, we will try OK? Now just go and be gone ! Cannot risk missing our Dates.

The big issue with the last two games is that they have been licensed. This means that they have had dates to meet, and if you watch the IGN gameplay, Ross talks about how the just kept going with the first game to make it better. Now the games are being turned around pretty quickly, and in truth is a big consequence of the licensing. There's no malicious plots, but just a harsh reality of a small studio taking on multiple licensed projects.

I don't expect some issues to be fixed at all in Cricket 19's lifetime, as they will likely be moving onto another project. I was particularly annoyed by this in the last game, so it is why I am waiting post-release and deciding if it is a game/model I want to play/support.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Right I really don’t get it... I ship a game it gets leaked before said release, cop flack, word spreads, and bam lost money.

Millions of dollars at risk I’m just making a big tweaking note on developers desks, game must be shipped with day 1 patch, no excuses!!

Hindsight? Not needed...

Only a few from a certain area are actually getting it. Prob a tiny drop in the pond.

The majority will get it fully patched.

Also.. nearly everyone who moans there tits off here still end up buying it. Then moan again haha!!

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Sick of this moaning crap it getting out of hand for god sake big ant doing a fantastic job for good sake let it go there more patches to come before the release date I am sure they are working hard on this game be grateful.From what I have seen so far it looks really good all this criticism doesn't help anyone

sandpapergate

School Cricketer
Big ant and notorious. Dude listen to yourself. It's a fact that BA is the most committed and passionate game developer in the world who creates games for such a niche market. Not like that are going to make money like fifa games or CoD games. The amount of work they do with getting involved with beta testers is truly praiseworthy.
Not like we have 10 different cricket games to choose from. Why do you think EA and code masters stopped making cricket games (apart from sucking at it)
Just show a little gratitude. I really feel for Ross and BA stuff that they dont get enough credit

What are you even saying? Your reply is more emotional than factual - 'most committed and passionate game developer in the world'... okay dude?

What relevance is there in it being a niche market, why is it relevant that they aren't making FIFA money, that there arent 10 cricket games? None of that is relevant to what I'm saying which is that on the physical copy that some parent buys for a 10 year old on release date there will be significant bugs like run outs that aren't run outs, tournaments that announce winners before they're completed and the DRS getting decisions wrong, to name a few.

A small market, no competitors and being a smaller company shouldnt be an excuse/reason for that

I certainly praise them on the other changes, this is just some constructive criticism

Last edited:
D

Dutch

A reminder to all: There is merit to having a good healthy discussion about things and there are obviously arguments that swing both ways. Lets just remember that we can disagree with each other and be nice about it. When someone is obviously spouting utter twaddle (its why I am jumped on so often!) then fair enough but people are allowed to express an opinion even if we dont agree with it.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
What are you even saying? Your reply is more emotional than factual - 'most committed and passionate game developer in the world'... okay dude?

What relevance is there in it being a niche market, why is it relevant that they aren't making FIFA money, that there arent 10 cricket games? None of that is relevant to what I'm saying which is that on the physical copy that some parent buys for a 10 year old on release date has significant bugs like run outs that aren't run outs, tournaments that announce winners before they're completed and the DRS getting decisions wrong, to name a few.

A small market, no competitors and being a smaller company shouldnt be an excuse/reason for that

I certainly praise them on the other changes, this is just some constructive criticism
I Believe that the run out issue was fixed in the patch we got the other day not to sure about the drs issue tho as stated before most likely is fixed with upcoming patches with in the next couple of days

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Any ideas/thoughts on why the PC release will be delayed till after the consoles?

All games are made on a PC, then ported to the console, so why delay? They will also get far more console sales than PC (thats just the way the market is), so it cant be to boost sales by holding the best selling platform back.

I would have thought they wanted to fully cash in on World Cup fever by getting it out on all platforms at the same time - but appears not.

Some talk of the PC release being delayed by weeks if not months which would be bizarre.

Thoughts?

Rathish Kumar

Club Cricketer
But one thing from last edition of Ashes they haven't rectified few bugs like stats,run out , drs ,bug its getting continued and followed In next edition , hope fully expecting a better day one patch to resolve these issue , its good to highlight bugs before release day.But videos shows game perfect and awesome.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Having read many pages back, it seems to repeat the same attack BA and defend BA from similar people again and again.

More so than even the mods and admins, the most innocent parties to me are the people like mani82ua, who're reporting issues in a very fair and unemotive manner which may be useful to Big Ant in rectifying them, if not in the Day 1 patch, then perhaps in a follow-up. Surely it has to be a good thing to have issues reported now, whether it's pre-day one patch or not?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

BTW, just Pre-ordered my Copy, you better be right about the Mighty Day One fixer of all... :)

i might have got it wrong, but wasn't there a video out there with some online play? did you see it - what did you think?

my view on this, as someone who's liked bits of every cricket game BA has produced and loathed bits of every cricket game BA has produced and had big (BIG) issues with their community engagement is:

a) technically they haven't released the game yet. pressing the discs isn't releasing the game.
b) we know there's gonna be issues... but most of what i've seen in the vids so far has been broadly promising
c) i'm hopeful the game will be better on tuesday when we get to play it
d) if stats don't track properly i'm gonna have a shit-fit
e) vote Brexit Party.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
i might have got it wrong, but wasn't there a video out there with some online play? did you see it - what did you think?

my view on this, as someone who's liked bits of every cricket game BA has produced and loathed bits of every cricket game BA has produced and had big (BIG) issues with their community engagement is:

a) technically they haven't released the game yet. pressing the discs isn't releasing the game.
b) we know there's gonna be issues... but most of what i've seen in the vids so far has been broadly promising
c) i'm hopeful the game will be better on tuesday when we get to play it
d) if stats don't track properly i'm gonna have a shit-fit
e) vote Brexit Party.
I was with you until e.

nintchdbpict000292455630.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread