Cricket 19 General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
No , playing on default stadiums (I ignored the sarcasm :p) BTW I am talking about genuine catchable edges.

no sarcasm at all, it was a genuine question.

i had a similar issue in 1.08 - huge reduction in edge variation, whether catchable or otherwise, as well as edges going in the wrong direction. i couldn't remember with certainty, but i think i started to notice it 1.07, but definitely saw it in 1.08. However the last game I played in 1.07 (where i thought i started to see the issue) and also in the only game i played in 1.08 i was in a custom stadium with a lot of custom adboards but specifically some incorrectly sized adboards. as plenty of other people (such as @WealeyH and @Rhone) who's opinions I trust said they weren't getting this in 1.08, I wondered if the amount (and bad sizing) of the adboards were affecting the in-game memory and causing weird results (like the game registering an edge but not able to calculate it correctly).

i've only bowled one inns in 1.09 (but a long one, way over 100 overs) and it was back to normal - plenty of edge variation and all in the right direction. I'm playing in a custom stadium but it has default adboards, so i thought if you were still having the same problem and had custom stadium/custom adboards, it might support my theory. but i guess not.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Well the inside edge going to boundary of leg cutter is very much annoying and its happens quiet a few times for me now. The edges direction needed a look so as the variation.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
no sarcasm at all, it was a genuine question.

i had a similar issue in 1.08 - huge reduction in edge variation, whether catchable or otherwise, as well as edges going in the wrong direction. i couldn't remember with certainty, but i think i started to notice it 1.07, but definitely saw it in 1.08. However the last game I played in 1.07 (where i thought i started to see the issue) and also in the only game i played in 1.08 i was in a custom stadium with a lot of custom adboards but specifically some incorrectly sized adboards. as plenty of other people (such as @WealeyH and @Rhone) who's opinions I trust said they weren't getting this in 1.08, I wondered if the amount (and bad sizing) of the adboards were affecting the in-game memory and causing weird results (like the game registering an edge but not able to calculate it correctly).

i've only bowled one inns in 1.09 (but a long one, way over 100 overs) and it was back to normal - plenty of edge variation and all in the right direction. I'm playing in a custom stadium but it has default adboards, so i thought if you were still having the same problem and had custom stadium/custom adboards, it might support my theory. but i guess not.

Doesn’t surprise me.. do you remember a game or two back we had something similar where the custom stadiums literally changed the gameplay haha.

fezza

Club Captain
There are still basic gameplay problems -

1, Bizarre edges
2, No stumpings
3, Very few outfield catching opportunities for human players
4, Very few first slip catches and too many wicketkeeper catches
5, Unconvincing batting animations for several shots (especially square cuts and legside glances)

In all these respects the game is less impressive than the ancient EA Cricket 07 which I played again yesterday and had none of these problems. I am beginning to think we will have to wait until Cricket 2020 before the problems are addressed.... I hope I am wrong as these flaws spoil an otherwise outstanding game.

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am yet to see any AI stumpings or run outs... hopefully someone has.

I'm not sure if anyone else is having difficulties with the sweep shot, which only seems to go horizontal. Reverse sweep is fine though.

Amritkhaira

School Cricketer
Guys is anyone aware of a bug called GOLI Bug in Cricket 19 its still there after cricket 19 patch 1.09.This bug is trending now days, famous bug are the developers aware of this.[DOUBLEPOST=1562782338][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am yet to see any AI stumpings or run outs... hopefully someone has.

I'm not sure if anyone else is having difficulties with the sweep shot, which only seems to go horizontal. Reverse sweep is fine though.
Sweep can be played you need to practice and give the perk for special shot.
Leave the sweeps alone or it will be a spoiler
as it was in ashes.

Rhone

International Cricketer
Can someone...anyone....tell me what weather, pitch or stadium design setting affects the outfield speed?!

I have done some testing on this and I feel grass type (very dry to very lush) has no effect on the outfield speed.

I think it's 'pitch friction' In stadium editor but I am not certain. @MattW can you kindly provide some clarity on what defines the outfield speed?

zayno

Club Captain
patch 1.09 and 1.08 has affected the AI field placements. the AI does not change fields no matter how many times you score in a specific region in t20 matches. patch 1.07 and earlier were good for AI field placements.also since patch 1.09 i cannote access the cricket academy community to download teams. it says not available at this time. patch 1.08 did not have this issue.but field placements by the AI team is broken.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Against the spinners I seem to just be able to go big off my pads or outside leg as there are seemingly no fielders out there.

Played SA earlier and hit Tahir for 40 off 3 overs as he kept bowling to my pads but with a heavy offside field. You'd think the AI would either put a man out or put it outside off.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
I hv increased shot choice n ball quality modifiers and really had good human batting session. I hv got different type of dismissals like bowled, gully catches, lbws, c&b and not just only wicket keeper catches like i previously get use to out.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have done some testing on this and I feel grass type (very dry to very lush) has no effect on the outfield speed.

I think it's 'pitch friction' In stadium editor but I am not certain. @MattW can you kindly provide some clarity on what defines the outfield speed?

tbh i think you're wrong. having just played consecutively on the deep green lush grass of new zealand and then the yellow dry grass of sri lanka, there's a huge difference in outfield speed. i've probably scored as many 4s in one session on the dry outfield as in 2 inns on the lush outfield

tosser182

Club Captain
Finding it extremely difficult to hit boundaries on anything less than a hard pitch

D

Deleted member 185125

Has anyone tried Scenario mode after the latest patch? Wanted to know if the bugs were fixed?
Batsman opening the bowling.
And win by forfeit message.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Finding it extremely difficult to hit boundaries on anything less than a hard pitch

Maybe my difference is hard vs medium pitch but I really don’t think so I’ve seen it on medium pitch with dry outfield too - ball races to the boundary

Users who are viewing this thread