Bowling tips - Seam Angle

intrancer

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
hello can anyone explain what the seam angle does, which way is the Seam pointing, ie in same cases the black notch is on the right.

What is the black notch?

D

Dutch

hello can anyone explain what the seam angle does, which way is the Seam pointing, ie in same cases the black notch is on the right.

What is the black notch?
Very very basic: For out swing you want it pointing at first slip, for inswing at leg slip, for standard balls straight on. So say 10/11 o clock outswing, 1/2 o clock inswing and 12 o clock standard delivery. But you can experiment and vary the seam position to see what it does.

Reactions: DAP

intrancer

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Very very basic: For out swing you want it pointing at first slip, for inswing at leg slip, for standard balls straight on. So say 10/11 o clock outswing, 1/2 o clock inswing and 12 o clock standard delivery. But you can experiment and vary the seam position to see what it does.

Thanks, but I may

thanks that makes send for a standard delivery, but if i select outswing/inswing delivery the black notch is on the left/right hand side of the ball and the notch can be moved from the top to bottom (12 to 6 o clock) with it at deafult at 9 or 3 o clock, i cant seem to work out what why the notch if it represents to seam can move down to 6 o clock

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What is the difference when I select outswing and point to 7/8 o clock instead of 10/11 o clock position ??

Sreesanthtakesit

School Cricketer
thanks that makes send for a standard delivery, but if i select outswing/inswing delivery the black notch is on the left/right hand side of the ball and the notch can be moved from the top to bottom (12 to 6 o clock) with it at deafult at 9 or 3 o clock, i cant seem to work out what why the notch if it represents to seam can move down to 6 o clock[/QUOTE]
Yes I have the same question too. Its quite counter intuitive the way it shows on the game. Even for me it ranges from 12 to 6 o clock or 6 to 12 o clock. Maybe because its pre patch on the xbox?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
What is the difference when I select outswing and point to 7/8 o clock instead of 10/11 o clock position ??
10/11'o clock is normal swing in the air delivery.. 7/8'o clock is more hit the seam and swing away..

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I ashes cricket I managed to get the cross seam ball to swing both ways just by changing the seam position from top of ball to bottom of ball (changes the side to which the shiny side faces)

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Does the seam position really moves the ball because i have tried many angles but it just goes straight on!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Does the seam position really moves the ball because i have tried many angles but it just goes straight on!
It surely does.. Experiment more with jump and release angle... Like jump with 6-7'o clock and release between 11-12'o clock and likewise..

Samuel Matthews

School Cricketer
Thanks, but I may

thanks that makes send for a standard delivery, but if i select outswing/inswing delivery the black notch is on the left/right hand side of the ball and the notch can be moved from the top to bottom (12 to 6 o clock) with it at deafult at 9 or 3 o clock, i cant seem to work out what why the notch if it represents to seam can move down to 6 o clock
D

Does anyone find as a left handed bowler it’s the opposite? ... i.e pointing the seam towards the slips causes the ball to jag in and pointing the seam towards leg slip causes away movement of the ball.

I don’t think it should be like this but the more I test, the more the ball tracker shows a ball moving away from offstump when the seam is pointing towards leg slip?

Any help appreciated :)

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Does anyone find as a left handed bowler it’s the opposite? ... i.e pointing the seam towards the slips causes the ball to jag in and pointing the seam towards leg slip causes away movement of the ball.

I don’t think it should be like this but the more I test, the more the ball tracker shows a ball moving away from offstump when the seam is pointing towards leg slip?

Any help appreciated :)
Thats how it is in general.. Though you dont get to see pronounced movement for right handers but for left its because of the angle you see it much better.. Also the way AI bat easily down the leg side it kind of becomes useless to bowl over the wicket to them with right hand bowlers..

Samuel Matthews

School Cricketer
Ah ok thanks. So in real life do left handed bowlers point the seam towards leg slip to get away movement on the ball? - or is it just a game function and that’s how the game creates that away swing and movement.

Never played cricket myself but from watching I always hear ‘point the seam towards first slip’ so assumed to do this playing cricket 19.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Ah ok thanks. So in real life do left handed bowlers point the seam towards leg slip to get away movement on the ball? - or is it just a game function and that’s how the game creates that away swing and movement.

Never played cricket myself but from watching I always hear ‘point the seam towards first slip’ so assumed to do this playing cricket 19.
I feel its game function.. In real life its based on the angle of the seam when it hits the pitch also with the angle the bowler's runs in..

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thats how it is in general.. Though you dont get to see pronounced movement for right handers but for left its because of the angle you see it much better.. Also the way AI bat easily down the leg side it kind of becomes useless to bowl over the wicket to them with right hand bowlers..
You can bowl over the wicket to left handed batsmen as a right hander, just that you'd have to mostly use out swing and adjust the pitch of the bowl (L1/R1) as per the bowl you're bowling. I recently got a dismissal with a bouncer short ball, with R1, pitching it up and got the batsman to cut and edge it to the keeper!

Users who are viewing this thread