Camera angles and their pros and cons(is there something we don't know?)

Rocketpsycho

School Cricketer
Hello community,

Do different camera angles have different timings for shots?
How do different camera angles affect bowling? Looking to have a discussion regarding this as I'm not sure if it's not working correctly or I'm mistaken.

Most of my game play physics are derived from the sliders sheet shared on the slider page (with some tweaks for T20 and ODI)

I think the game has some major issues with camera angles and how they affect the game.

For example, if I'm bowling and the camera angle is batting far and I'm bowling with a fast bowler, the ball just zips outside off stump and looks unplayable. If you try to hit it down the ground it misses the bat completely.

The same ball bowled on bowling for camera comes slowly and gives the impression that the batsmen has more time to play the shot. The same ball pitched around off stump and a bit outside off becomes easy to hit down the ground.

Similarly with back foot shots, some animations look completely different in different angles like a back foot square cut.

Are certain camera angles advantageous or disadvantageous in certain situations or is it purely an angle change? Does the game have some sort of in built compensator?
There are some shots I play and some balls I bowl which have a totally different impact which mainly depends on the camera so i was wondering what people's take is on this,

Sorry if this topic has been discussed before.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
As far as I'm aware the choice of camera angle has no effect at all on gameplay, but it can change your perception quite a lot.

Pro Cam for example tends to make deliveries seem quicker and it's a bit harder to read.

Users who are viewing this thread