DBC 17 Broadcast camera angle

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The bowling side camera angles are totally missing in the nets & ground training modes....after the initial patch in the earliest days of the game...

I have been a broadcast camera angle player both bowling & batting...ever since the DBC 14 era...

Although the batting camera has a broadcast angle, It would be great to have a TV like broadcast camera....

Presently after a shot is hit the camera immediately reverts to a spider camera like angle that too from an angle behind the batsman..Its good although as we get a perfect judgement for running 1s&2s based on where the ball is in relation to the fielders...

However the same thing can be achieved if that same spider like cam was kept in "front of the batsman" [unlike now i.e behind / square of the batsman]. Best would be on the sight screen as we seen in the TV broadcast

I found this camera in the initial DBC 17 demo in the ground training mode where the camera is fixed at the sight screen & it just followed the ball zooming in & out wherever the ball flew....

Can anyone suggest camera combos to get the real (or close to real ) TV broadcast feel???

It would be so wonderful for the game if you could tweak the broadcast camera to a more real TV broadcast like ??

Many thanx...
@BigAntStudios @MattW @HBK619

Last edited:

Dousmith111

School Cricketer
Likewise, I am broadcast angle player too, I am totally lost in DB17 - played for 3 days in PS4 as practice started crashing too. Now waiting for Patch 4 to do wonders

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@sdt16 Maybe stop with the excessive tagging? You've been made aware that all posts are being read by the concerned persons and yet you continue to tag the staff. Please stop it.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I think having Running 1 as your fielding camera seems to help a bit. At least you won't have the behind spider-cam to look at. Have a look at that, as it reverts to fielding camera the moment you've hit the ball away. I do think they could have had better broadcast cams myself, as a lot of people play the multi-player version of the game that way and the default behind the batsman cams for single player. :)

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
@sdt16 Maybe stop with the excessive tagging? You've been made aware that all posts are being read by the concerned persons and yet you continue to tag the staff. Please stop it.

Sincere Apologies

As stated, "Hopefully posts get read"...

I had stated this issue long time back too in an earlier post on an another thread...

I think the issue (broadcast camera) may be so severely petty & not a serious one in the eyes of the developers as 90% of the community doesnt use such a camera angle but the default batting end camera...

Conversely i think, if it is so petty (since its there in the game modes except practice modes) then it cud have been fixed in a simple patch...

Never mind,
once again sincere apologies for tagging (disturbing) the developers...when they are occupied by several issues/ bugs & trying to fix them is indeed a great thing...

Cheers

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
I think having Running 1 as your fielding camera seems to help a bit. At least you won't have the behind spider-cam to look at. Have a look at that, as it reverts to fielding camera the moment you've hit the ball away. I do think they could have had better broadcast cams myself, as a lot of people play the multi-player version of the game that way and the default behind the batsman cams for single player. :)

Thanx man..

will definitely give a try...

You are right... most of the community 90%+ plays with the behind the batsman camera (even in DBC 14 ) & hence broadcast camera angles may be less important in the eyes of the developers....& hence players like me should feel content & thankful that a broadcast option is present...

Its amusing to see that the entire world watches live cricket on TV in broadcast mode with the latest cameras , but while playing the game people still enjoy the conventional behind the camera mode...

thanx once more...will try running 1 mode in fielding camera

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Thanx man..

will definitely give a try...

You are right... most of the community 90%+ plays with the behind the batsman camera (even in DBC 14 ) & hence broadcast camera angles may be less important in the eyes of the developers....& hence players like me should feel content & thankful that a broadcast option is present...

Its amusing to see that the entire world watches live cricket on TV in broadcast mode with the latest cameras , but while playing the game people still enjoy the conventional behind the camera mode...

thanx once more...will try running 1 mode in fielding camera

Hey, I play most of my games against other friends, so most of my games are in broadcast mode and I think it's still the best way to play multi-player and have even had a few single player games from that view (in tournaments when instead of playing a friend I've got a cpu team that round). Even in single player it should still be a priority as an option in my opinion. It's like some people like to play Fifa from behind their player (in Be A Pro), but play a lot of their other games from a broadcast type of view, in fact most do.

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
hopefully they bring it back in the practice mode...& a more realistic one like we see in the TV since the spider cam in broadcast after a shot is hit (i.e running cam) that they use is anyway closer to real (on its own) & hence it should NOT be severely difficult for them to simply adjust it..

Further there was this unique sight screen camera angle (after the shot is hit i.e running cam) in the demo version & also in the 1st version of the game which was so close to real that gave a real TV like feel & made me fell in love with it so much. It was awesome bro.

Best part of the camera was that it would track the ball from that angle that was hit anywhere in the ground by zooming in out... It gave a lovely feel to the game

..but unfortunately it was removed abruptly later & even eliminated altogether from the ground practice mode...

Hopefully they re introduce that camera (above the sightscreen after the shot is played )

Last edited:

Karachi

Associate Captain
The bowling side camera angles are totally missing in the nets & ground training modes....after the initial patch in the earliest days of the game...

I have been a broadcast camera angle player both bowling & batting...ever since the DBC 14 era...

Although the batting camera has a broadcast angle, It would be great to have a TV like broadcast camera....

Presently after a shot is hit the camera immediately reverts to a spider camera like angle that too from an angle behind the batsman..Its good although as we get a perfect judgement for running 1s&2s based on where the ball is in relation to the fielders...

However the same thing can be achieved if that same spider like cam was kept in "front of the batsman" [unlike now i.e behind / square of the batsman]. Best would be on the sight screen as we seen in the TV broadcast

I found this camera in the initial DBC 17 demo in the ground training mode where the camera is fixed at the sight screen & it just followed the ball zooming in & out wherever the ball flew....

Can anyone suggest camera combos to get the real (or close to real ) TV broadcast feel???

It would be so wonderful for the game if you could tweak the broadcast camera to a more real TV broadcast like ??

Many thanx...
@BigAntStudios @MattW @HBK619

Camera angles is one of the biggest drawbacks of the DBC series. The best camera work I have seen in cricket games was in International Cricket 2010. The angles and focus were almost perfect. Even the camera work of Brian Lara International Cricket 1999 was pretty good compared to DBC series - & that games is pretty outdated now.

The DBC 17 demo broadcast cam had me excited. Though not anywhere near IC'10 camera work it seemed to be in the lines of BLIC'99, in terms of visual performance. Not having it in the game has been the biggest let down for me. I hope that the demo broadcast cam finds its way into the game through Patch-4.

Anyway, I play the game with running camera set to Field-1. Its the best angle the game offers that comes anywhere near TV style broadcasting.

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Camera angles is one of the biggest drawbacks of the DBC series. The best camera work I have seen in cricket games was in International Cricket 2010. The angles and focus were almost perfect. Even the camera work of Brian Lara International Cricket 1999 was pretty good compared to DBC series - & that games is pretty outdated now.

The DBC 17 demo broadcast cam had me excited. Though not anywhere near IC'10 camera work it seemed to be in the lines of BLIC'99, in terms of visual performance. Not having it in the game has been the biggest let down for me. I hope that the demo broadcast cam finds its way into the game through Patch-4.

Anyway, I play the game with running camera set to Field-1. Its the best angle the game offers that comes anywhere near TV style broadcasting.

You are absolutely right !

Hope they bring back the old batting broadcast cam in tomorrows patch since this new 1 is v uncomfortable...

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I play all my games in bowling far I am probably the only one who does and I hope they don't mess with it as I really enjoy the way it is now I just wish they would add it to training mode I also hope us console users get a chance to give some feedback and do some testing before BA wrap up all the patches and move on to there next project

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I play all my games in bowling far I am probably the only one who does and I hope they don't mess with it as I really enjoy the way it is now I just wish they would add it to training mode I also hope us console users get a chance to give some feedback and do some testing before BA wrap up all the patches and move on to there next project

Especially seeing as we aren't talking about luxury extras but functionality improvements that help a good sized section of people play the way they've always played video game cricket, which seems more than reasonable to me.

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Cam at 1:50 needs to be brought into the game

Absolutely man...

Just a bit more height while the bowler is running up so that the umpire's hat lies at or below the centre of the pitch & then the same camera follows the ball (makes such a huge difference to the continuity of the vision...

Jus a bit more height & zoomed out & oh my it will be as real as in the real TV broadcast...

I am sure BA will definitely bring it back....

High hopes...

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
In the event that this issue is rectified could someone please let us console people know. I also play exclusively with broadcast camera so these posts are a bit concerning for me.

Users who are viewing this thread