Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
next game maybe?

Are they seriously not in? Like it's a bit of weird scripting that makes sure the ball never goes to a ring or outfielders hands in test matches. What a bizarre game. Caught at cover, mid on, point, mid wicket isn't exactly a once in a lifetime dismissal is it?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Are they seriously not in? Like it's a bit of weird scripting that makes sure the ball never goes to a ring or outfielders hands in test matches. What a bizarre game. Caught at cover, mid on, point, mid wicket isn't exactly a once in a lifetime dismissal is it?

I guess it got patched out but I used to be able to get dismissals at mid wicket or backward mid wicket with short pitches bowling and mistimed pulls.

never got any other way though

as you say a weird thing but it’s been in every game, at least one dismissal mode not there. I’d rather these not there than eg edges, bowled, lbw but all modes should be there

same that there’s no stumpings cuz AI never use feet to spinners

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
I guess it got patched out but I used to be able to get dismissals at mid wicket or backward mid wicket with short pitches bowling and mistimed pulls.

never got any other way though

as you say a weird thing but it’s been in every game, at least one dismissal mode not there. I’d rather these not there than eg edges, bowled, lbw but all modes should be there

same that there’s no stumpings cuz AI never use feet to spinners

Yeah I've no idea why we can't have all modes of dismissal. The game is really nicely balanced otherwise.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
When can we have ring catches and outfield catches when bowling in a test match?

I’ve had a reasonable amount of outfield catches in Test matches recently. I don’t think that I had any in a lengthy custom Test competition but in more recent times and post a patch or two they are occurring in my matches. This is on PS4 and just playing Tests in Play Now.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
I’ve had a reasonable amount of outfield catches in Test matches recently. I don’t think that I had any in a lengthy custom Test competition but in more recent times and post a patch or two they are occurring in my matches. This is on PS4 and just playing Tests in a Play Now.

Really? I've had absolutely nothing on the current patch. I'd be more interested in ring catches anyway, well anything that is at least realistic. I am on PC though.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
I’d be shocked.. if that’s the case.

In about 10 days of test cricket, only LBW, bowled or nicks (and I think one caught and bowled).

If anyone can show me otherwise, what platform, patch, how they get these wickets I'd be most interested. I am also not sure if ODI cricket is affected too.

Pre-patch I noticed about two mistimed pulls to midwicket, in the entirety of playing Ashes Cricket.

Playcrick85

Club Cricketer
Yes fielding does affect the stamina. I found putting players on the boundary was the way forward, seems obvious really but not every game carried this. Or just have them in the slips so less rubbish in the field.

Lunch and tea also help but as your doing 50/50 then you’ll obviously won’t have that.

Thanks. I played next game keeping Rohit sharma in playing 11 & he came to bat with 100% stamina (bating first).. So looks like injuries do not carry over game to game.

TORNEDO

Club Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
I am facing an issue.While pre-determining the shot direction the batsman moves extreme left or right.Then it is difficult to move the batsman to original position.how to solve it?

Users who are viewing this thread