Cricket 19 General Discussion

Westindies

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Actually i just now tried something which i have not done since i bought cricket 19, changing to easiest mode in bowling and tell you what, that green color appears now. Actually from the day one i have been playing with Legend ai and hardest bowling and that is why i dint get it, wow.

D

Dutch

Both 14 and the current classic for spin. I'd just prefer spin tp be handled the same way as seam/cutters and swing.
Yeah definitly that twisting was apin: but the meters for pace bowling in DBC 14 were much more intuitve and varied in pace and length than now is the case.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yeah definitly that twisting was apin: but the meters for pace bowling in DBC 14 were much more intuitve and varied in pace and length than now is the case.
It's been that long since i tried dbc14 i don't really recall how different it was. And it's been at least the last two games that I've used the run up and arm position for my triggers, so, which meters are better isn't relevant to me. I just really love the jump and release mechanic that when i go to spin it is a double frustration cause it's a different control stylr and, in my opinion, a worse one.

That being said, when using jump and release for some of the medium pace bowling styles it's not much fun cause they amble at barely wallking speed.

Standard for spin is almost there for me, I'd just prefer the release with sticks instead of pressing the button for variation (bounce/flight etc).

Said this before. I just want a on screen delivery choice and then clear screen to do my thing.

D

Dutch

It's been that long since i tried dbc14 i don't really recall how different it was. And it's been at least the last two games that I've used the run up and arm position for my triggers, so, which meters are better isn't relevant to me. I just really love the jump and release mechanic that when i go to spin it is a double frustration cause it's a different control stylr and, in my opinion, a worse one.

That being said, when using jump and release for some of the medium pace bowling styles it's not much fun cause they amble at barely wallking speed.

Standard for spin is almost there for me, I'd just prefer the release with sticks instead of pressing the button for variation (bounce/flight etc).

Said this before. I just want a on screen delivery choice and then clear screen to do my thing.
I would really love to see them rethink the run up, and leat have some variations in style but ideally some input as well.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I would really love to see them rethink the run up, and leat have some variations in style but ideally some input as well.
It would be interesting if you could choose the run up length (style then length) . Having Bumrah coming off about five paces and firing it down in the high 80s would be interesting.

D

Dutch

It would be interesting if you could choose the run up length (style then length) . Having Bumrah coming off about five paces and firing it down in the high 80s would be interesting.
It would at least give some variation whilst waiting to deliver the ball indeed.

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've played on these settings the past week. Don't know how much different they are to default. There's a bit an issue with 'special shots' which timing feels off for certain, I'm not sure if this can be remedied with sliders. I did spend a lot of time looking at each slider and attempting to get to grips with its understanding and impact but I have forgotten most of it.

It's proven quite difficult for me, batting, but I've not played much for the last six months.

View attachment 238080 View attachment 238081 View attachment 238082 View attachment 238083 View attachment 238084
thanks a lot... will give a try on these and revert :)

Ark69

School Cricketer
Played an one day against Australia,with India, at the optus Perth stadium at proper hard difficulty ..got all out at 283 at 50 overs batting first.Australia were at a superb posit ion at 190 for 3 but then collapsed to 227 for 8,looked quite realisitc how one wicket brings two and three.But I got three, yes three run outs in a single game (I play with fully assited fielding).Just a question is the excessive run outs occurs often in higher difficulties (bug) or it is just a random factor

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Played an one day against Australia,with India, at the optus Perth stadium at proper hard difficulty ..got all out at 283 at 50 overs batting first.Australia were at a superb posit ion at 190 for 3 but then collapsed to 227 for 8,looked quite realisitc how one wicket brings two and three.But I got three, yes three run outs in a single game (I play with fully assited fielding).Just a question is the excessive run outs occurs often in higher difficulties (bug) or it is just a random factor
I think its just excessive. A while back when they fixed (or re-fixed) arm strength in fielders, I speculate that they didn't tweak batsmen running between the wicket a little bit as well and throwing accuracy. This led to quite a few more fielders from the deep getting direct hit run-outs. Just something we have to tolerate these days as it won't get fixed now.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
It may just be a factor - more run outs than realistic. Problem when the game released was no run outs. It seems to be a difficult balance.

What was the AI difficulty? My hypothesis is that the higher the difficulty (e.g. Legend) the AI might play more aggressively and actually offer more wicket taking chances. This is just a guess not done any proper analysis, just my feeling.

Ark69

School Cricketer
I think its just excessive. A while back when they fixed (or re-fixed) arm strength in fielders, I speculate that they didn't tweak batsmen running between the wicket a little bit as well and throwing accuracy. This led to quite a few more fielders from the deep getting direct hit run-outs. Just something we have to tolerate these days as it won't get fixed now.
It may just be a factor - more run outs than realistic. Problem when the game released was no run outs. It seems to be a difficult balance.

What was the AI difficulty? My hypothesis is that the higher the difficulty (e.g. Legend) the AI might play more aggressively and actually offer more wicket taking chances. This is just a guess not done any proper analysis, just my feeling.

Bro I play at veteran difficulty.. overall designing am ai is not easy so there may be cons as well..I've still not completed the game with Australia requiring 57 runs and 2 wickets let's see whether I get some more run outs or not..2 to max 3 is acceptable for a odi match but if it exceeds 3 it becomes a bit unrealisitic and reminds me of ea cricket 2004

Users who are viewing this thread