Cricket 19 General Discussion

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Can I have a toggle to turn off lbw and AI catching?
Why not if a game owner feels happy, you didn't play NBA jam I think otherwise you wouldn't be saying that.

Having said that I have probably clocked 300 hours in this game and I never move the batsman an inch towards off side.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Yea playing with AI never got better then what it is right now, it feels organic, feels natural, no light flicks going for 100m sixes, it looks so unrealistic, spinner bowling lollies and batsman flicks for huges leg side sixes, thank god this is gone, it's gone for good.
Yea we need a wall for batsman batting in middle, lol good one

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Playing a online match and he was trying to exploit with field set ....
It was so funny.

Hope someone does not tell then you dont play online.
Sir practice your switch hits, show him your none less then johnes. Good luck

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What I've learnt these last few days is that no matter the game, online players always find the exploits and flog it to death, and rightfully so imo, if its in the game, its in the game. Yet when that exploit is taken out some get really mad, and understandably. I feel if they add a touch of leg side power to the shots it will run a heck of a lot smoother for our online brethren.

Another note, is the absolute petulant attitude some have had. Its just a game, given what's going on in the world, get some perspective. These sorts of reactions is why BigAnt don't really do much on the community feedback forum I feel (in between all the plz android release bs comments on twitter and fb). Sports game are a hard nut to crack in the first place, especially with the smallish size of the BA studio, I'm sure they'll get out a hotfix to balance some things, but coming up here and prancing around like a tart doesn't solve any issues. I look forward to some member's replies lol.

RAVI99

Club Captain
Sir practice your switch hits, show him your none less then johnes. Good luck
Switch hits were not required straight drives overpowered L2R2 and L2 goes for sixes.
Like stick cricket.
Fine leg sixes are banned in cricket by Icc new rules.
And only hit switch hits is this cricket you talking about.

RAVI99

Club Captain
What I've learnt these last few days is that no matter the game, online players always find the exploits and flog it to death, and rightfully so imo, if its in the game, its in the game. Yet when that exploit is taken out some get really mad, and understandably. I feel if they add a touch of leg side power to the shots it will run a heck of a lot smoother for our online brethren.

Another note, is the absolute petulant attitude some have had. Its just a game, given what's going on in the world, get some perspective. These sorts of reactions is why BigAnt don't really do much on the community feedback forum I feel (in between all the plz android release bs comments on twitter and fb). Sports game are a hard nut to crack in the first place, especially with the smallish size of the BA studio, I'm sure they'll get out a hotfix to balance some things, but coming up here and prancing around like a tart doesn't solve any issues. I look forward to some member's replies lol.

Exploits in online can never be stopped unless bigant locks the attributes and skills of the player .(wall required)
No need of international players for online
500 normal players can be created only for online.
Game behaves strangely when skills are edited to max 100 or 0.
Creating different bugs in the game.
For examle when a medium bowler bowling speed is reduced to 0 , or some edit done online has a frame skip edge to keeper bug.
Ball travels for 6 and frame skip edge to keeper.
Big ant has to fix the ball lenghts also .
As yorker blue can be pitched nearly by mid pitch.
And yellow can be bowled as a yorker also and a short ball also.

Last edited:

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Exploits in online can never be stopped unless bigant locks the attributes and skills of the player .(wall required)
For examle when a medium bowler bowling speed is reduced to 0 , or some edit done online has a frame skip edge to keeper bug.

Its awesome you're finding these issues, I really mean that. But remember this is a general discussion thread. These belong in bug reports and/or suggestions for the next game thread.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Switch hits were not required straight drives overpowered L2R2 and L2 goes for sixes.
Like stick cricket.
Fine leg sixes are banned in cricket by Icc new rules.
And only hit switch hits is this cricket you talking about.
Say no to 100 rated players, then no stick cricket

D

Dutch

As has been stated: please report bugs in the designated thread in the designated manner. Leave this thread to be a general discussion of the cricket video game rather than cricket generally.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
The wall is making my unintentional dance down the track even more common. I never really had this problem before and it’s bloody annoying. I’m just trying to get in position, see the bat straighten and know that there’s no going back. I wish you could quickly cancel dance down the track in the same way that you cancel a run.

Hell, I’m starting over anyway and will just stand where the game puts me.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
The wall is making my unintentional dance down the track even more common. I never really had this problem before and it’s bloody annoying. I’m just trying to get in position, see the bat straighten and know that there’s no going back. I wish you could quickly cancel dance down the track in the same way that you cancel a run.

Hell, I’m starting over anyway and will just stand where the game puts me.
Run down wicket is triggered by R3 (on ps4), if you press R3 again it should cancel?

defysodslaw

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Played one ODI after the latest patch where I batted for both sides. Here are a few observations at legend AI, bowl quality 100, and custom batting between hard and hardest.

1. Shot power towards fine leg has markedly been lowered. Now it is very hard to dispatch the bowlers around that particular area. However, if you take the aerial route, it is still very much possible. The key now, even more, is the timing. I got 3 or 4 boundaries off precise hooks and pulls between deep fine leg and deep square leg.

2. Yorkers off pacers can still go behind square for boundaries and sixes.

2. Leg side shots from mid-wicket onwards still have enough power to go all the way.

3. Mistimed on-side shots can balloon up anywhere between square leg and mid-on. Someone should check whether this is happening in tests as well or not. I would love to see more test ring catches in those areas.

4. AI spinners are taking return catches, something I can't remember seeing, at least, not since the March patch.

Personally, the wall is not much of an issue for me since I always try to keep my crease positioning as close to real-life as possible. I would, however, have preferred to have a very short window for player movement just before the bowler would jump. In fact, that is how I have been playing the game. Timing the movement just before the jump and then timing the shot is challenging enough to give dismissal opportunities to the bowling side.

No patch can satisfy everyone, but I'm happy with this one for the most part. Let's see whether we get some more surprises before the next iteration.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
4. AI spinners are taking return catches, something I can't remember seeing, at least, not since the March patch.

oh no it has always been a thing against medium/fast bowlers, that you literally can't play a straight drive(almost 90%) and as for spin it was like 75% chance that it may get caught.

Another thing that I've been finding that is, it has been harder for me to play in the 'V' post patch.

Like the batsman is playing mid off shot when I'm playing an on drive and vice versa, weird I've never experienced this before this patch

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Run down wicket is triggered by R3 (on ps4), if you press R3 again it should cancel?

I'm going to have a prat about and practice. Just started doing it all the time even pre patch. I’m shuffling to the right but is it that I’m pressing it forward/down too? Anyway, thank you. I’ll just muck about for a few overs in a Five5 and try and sort myself out.

Users who are viewing this thread