Cricket 19 General Discussion

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I'm going to have a prat about and practice. Just started doing it all the time even pre patch. I’m shuffling to the right but is it that I’m pressing it forward/down too? Anyway, thank you. I’ll just muck about for a few overs in a Five5 and try and sort myself out.

Aye you're pressing it down. If it clicks down, it'll set you to advance. If you notice the bat lift, press it again and it should go back down

RAVI99

Club Captain
Played one ODI after the latest patch where I batted for both sides. Here are a few observations at legend AI, bowl quality 100, and custom batting between hard and hardest.

1. Shot power towards fine leg has markedly been lowered. Now it is very hard to dispatch the bowlers around that particular area. However, if you take the aerial route, it is still very much possible. The key now, even more, is the timing. I got 3 or 4 boundaries off precise hooks and pulls between deep fine leg and deep square leg.

2. Yorkers off pacers can still go behind square for boundaries and sixes.

2. Leg side shots from mid-wicket onwards still have enough power to go all the way.

3. Mistimed on-side shots can balloon up anywhere between square leg and mid-on. Someone should check whether this is happening in tests as well or not. I would love to see more test ring catches in those areas.

4. AI spinners are taking return catches, something I can't remember seeing, at least, not since the March patch.

Personally, the wall is not much of an issue for me since I always try to keep my crease positioning as close to real-life as possible. I would, however, have preferred to have a very short window for player movement just before the bowler would jump. In fact, that is how I have been playing the game. Timing the movement just before the jump and then timing the shot is challenging enough to give dismissal opportunities to the bowling side.

No patch can satisfy everyone, but I'm happy with this one for the most part. Let's see whether we get some more surprises before the next iteration.
Online its not clearing no idea about offline.May be online sliders power reduced more then offline.

D

Dutch

Online its not clearing no idea about offline.May be online sliders power reduced more then offline.
To what is this an answer or comment? Out of your post there is no way to decipher what you mean.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
To what is this an answer or comment? Out of your post there is no way to decipher what you mean.
I think he is referring to that fine leg region shot power and he feels there maybe some slider differences in base difficulties between online and offline.

defysodslaw

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Thanks for clarifying about the return catches. The only times I saw and took those were off pacers. It bothered me a lot to see spinners not even attempting return catches. Post patch, I gave catches twice in the very first match.

Not sure about the problem with playing in the V. I have not had any issue so far.

oh no it has always been a thing against medium/fast bowlers, that you literally can't play a straight drive(almost 90%) and as for spin it was like 75% chance that it may get caught.

Another thing that I've been finding that is, it has been harder for me to play in the 'V' post patch.

Like the batsman is playing mid off shot when I'm playing an on drive and vice versa, weird I've never experienced this before this patch

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I generally move my player more to leg, because in real life most batsmen guard on leg or middle and leg but the default in game appears to be more off/ middle & off.

I’m flabbergasted to realise all this time I should have been moving to off and whacking it leg side

Missed out pal. Apparently the only way to play this game was to stand miles outside of off

RAVI99

Club Captain
This is online especially the case: I have seen some players stand so far outside off they had to set their watch to a different time zone.

Wall is a great addition.
In online when ever some one stands on 10 th stump across off stump i use to really feel happy as its easy to get him out as that player cant play off shots set proper leg side field for him and pace variations he crumbles max 80 runs all out .

But wall is indeed needed for batsman batting in middlepitch as timing window is huge there thats also unrealistic same like batsman standing on 10 th stump across offstump.

Also cross seam deliveries need to checked they are overpowered also, thats the reason in online players keeps bowling yellow cross seam deliveries only as there is no drainage in stamina also.

Last edited:

RAVI99

Club Captain
Say no to 100 rated players, then no stick cricket

100 rated players?
When there is no wall on skills and attributes i will always try and set my team best possible i can what the game can offer me.
As i am not aware what my opponent will bring for me.
So best is to get the best team possible i can make to face online opponents.
As when there is no wall every one can get 100 rated players.
As when you playing random matches you dont know the player you playing with.
So get your best team possible nothing wrong with that.

RAVI99

Club Captain
What caused this amazing change of heart ?
I was always in favour of this as i myself dont move across offstump, online leagues we play with no movement across off.
1.17 patch only issue online is too much underpowered fine leg shots where you cant cross 30 yard circle ariel even when bowling line on leg stump or wide legstump.

Addition of wall really like the idea.
But we always played with the wall in online leagues.
Hope big ant team thinks about a wall where batsman bats middle of the pitch.

Regarding overpowered issues
If the team thought about fine leg.
Then cross seam deliveries yellows also should get a look.
As 90 % of deliveries are only cross seam yellow in online.

As of today online T20 and above modes are not watch and play .
Its total premeditation shots .
Dbc 17 was watch and play.

Sir i will also like to add
I have scored more than 100000 runs in online
Surely 25000 runs must have come in fine leg region.
I dont mind this ratio with less power in fine leg where my runs comes down to 15000.
Thanks

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It would be good to also address the leg stump line of left arm bowlers over the wicket to right hand batsmen, in the same way they’ve done for right arm bowlers to left hand batsmen

Users who are viewing this thread