Lockdown tournament (SEASON 2 - Updates in first post)

A fresh face into the season entering himself into the draft for season 2.

'According to Cooky, it's easy money. You just turn up, hit a couple and then cash your cheque,' said Nick Browne.

View attachment 240004

9a56181b51e3963d09ab6d34286a30f589dccd0b_hq.jpg

UPDATE:

This started as three paragraphs. :lol

This is completely optional but I felt it would be fun to kill time while we finalise the participants and I update the player lists.

Trading Window

This is your chance to trade players before releasing or retaining them. Put simply, you can swap one of your players for a player from another team, if that team's manager is willing of course.

• You can suggest a trade to another manager.
  • You can post a list of players in your squad that you would be willing to trade. Only respond if you're interested in a player don't need everyone saying 'no thanks' to each post.
  • You can negotiate a trade: 'Would you trade Smith for Jones?' / 'No. But how about Smith for Jennings?' / 'No. How about you get lost and keep Jennings to yourself.' / 'Are you sure?' / 'Quite sure, Sir. Now please leave me alone and keep your filthy Jennings to yourself.'
  • 1 player for 1 player, they don't have to be the same value (e.g. John Smith worth W$T 100 could be swapped for Victor Kamdar who is worth W$T 80).
  • No limit on how many trades you can make (you could swap all 16 players if you want, but you'd still have to release 9 of them).
  • Tag me in any confirmed trades.
  • You can, of course, attempt to gazump someone. If there's a trade being discussed, before it is confirmed, you can make a better offer. I fully encourage dirty tricks.

New Teams

@Parth D @Chris Lickley Originally you were going to miss out on the trading window, because you have no players to trade. But, as I make the rules up as I go along, I've had a change of heart. I'm going to let you buy players using your budget from other teams.

You each have W$T 1400. You can offer any price, can be higher or lower than the value on the sheet, but it will be deducted from your budget for the draft, so it's up to you.

Same limitation on player numbers (maximum of seven). You don't have to buy anyone if you'd rather wait.

The trading window will close next Wednesday.

Here's a link to this season 1 squads; it includes prices and stats so you can contemplate your trades and who will get the axe. I'll post some more about retention lists tomorrow.
SDS 1 Teams & Stats - Google Sheets

I've highlighted the confirmed teams with green. You can't sign or trade if the team isn't confirmed they are taking part. I'll update it as others respond.

Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 14.59.41.png

---

I hope that isn't too complicated. :rolleyes Any questions let me know.

I'll be adding links to this update, and any future ones that are important, in the first post of thread.

I declare the trading window officially open.

fab8e286-8c06-11ea-8a72-3b4a65ec119d_image_hires_181124.jpg

UPDATE:

This started as three paragraphs. :lol

This is completely optional but I felt it would be fun to kill time while we finalise the participants and I update the player lists.

Trading Window

This is your chance to trade players before releasing or retaining them. Put simply, you can swap one of your players for a player from another team, if that team's manager is willing of course.

• You can suggest a trade to another manager.
  • You can post a list of players in your squad that you would be willing to trade. Only respond if you're interested in a player don't need everyone saying 'no thanks' to each post.
  • You can negotiate a trade: 'Would you trade Smith for Jones?' / 'No. But how about Smith for Jennings?' / 'No. How about you get lost and keep Jennings to yourself.' / 'Are you sure?' / 'Quite sure, Sir. Now please leave me alone and keep your filthy Jennings to yourself.'
  • 1 player for 1 player, they don't have to be the same value (e.g. John Smith worth W$T 100 could be swapped for Victor Kamdar who is worth W$T 80).
  • No limit on how many trades you can make (you could swap all 16 players if you want, but you'd still have to release 9 of them).
  • Tag me in any confirmed trades.
  • You can, of course, attempt to gazump someone. If there's a trade being discussed, before it is confirmed, you can make a better offer. I fully encourage dirty tricks.

New Teams

@Parth D @Chris Lickley Originally you were going to miss out on the trading window, because you have no players to trade. But, as I make the rules up as I go along, I've had a change of heart. I'm going to let you buy players using your budget from other teams.

You each have W$T 1400. You can offer any price, can be higher or lower than the value on the sheet, but it will be deducted from your budget for the draft, so it's up to you.

Same limitation on player numbers (maximum of seven). You don't have to buy anyone if you'd rather wait.

The trading window will close next Wednesday.

Here's a link to this season 1 squads; it includes prices and stats so you can contemplate your trades and who will get the axe. I'll post some more about retention lists tomorrow.
SDS 1 Teams & Stats - Google Sheets

I've highlighted the confirmed teams with green. You can't sign or trade if the team isn't confirmed they are taking part. I'll update it as others respond.

View attachment 240006

---

I hope that isn't too complicated. :rolleyes Any questions let me know.

I'll be adding links to this update, and any future ones that are important, in the first post of thread.

I declare the trading window officially open.

fab8e286-8c06-11ea-8a72-3b4a65ec119d_image_hires_181124.jpg

So if me and @Parth D wanted to buy a player off one of the others do we write the bid in this forum?

So if me and @Parth D wanted to buy a player off one of the others do we write the bid in this forum?
Yep, just tag in the person you are making the offer too (I'm assuming no one will mind).[DOUBLEPOST=1605196154][/DOUBLEPOST]This is true.

we can negotiate with others here or via PM or in a hotel secretly if needed

There's nothing in the rules to say you can't visit a hotel together to thrash out a deal.

Yep, just tag in the person you are making the offer too (I'm assuming no one will mind).
can we sign a few players from the outside pool at base price? if they havent been picked by any team

also, can we snatch players from teams who are not yet confirmed if dirty tricks are allowed :p[DOUBLEPOST=1605196228][/DOUBLEPOST]
There's nothing in the rules to say you can't visit a hotel together to thrash out a deal.
didn't i say the same? :lol

anyone wish to give me some players for free as they turned up a disaster for your team last season?

or if not free then dirty cheap?

can we sign a few players from the outside pool at base price? if they havent been picked by any team

also, can we snatch players from teams who are not yet confirmed if dirty tricks are allowed :p

Definitely not. But I appreciate the attempt.

I do have something planned that will allow you both to catch up in the draft. But I'll explain more about that in good time.

Users who are viewing this thread