Lockdown tournament (SEASON 2 - Updates in first post)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
To answer the questions about retaining players.

Retention lists

I'll want retention lists at the end of the trading window, so next Wednesday/Thursday (if I can confirm sign ups sooner I'll think about moving the schedule forward but I don't think that'll happen). If you don't want to trade any players you can skip straight to submitting the players you want to keep. Just post in this thread the players you are keeping, tag me or PM the list of players to me. If you do that you won't be able to trade and the released players go into the draft pool.
  • Each team can retain a maximum of 7 players.
  • You must retain at least 1 player to be your captain (you can change captain whenever you want, it's symbolic at this stage). So that means you can retain 1 to 7 players.
  • For players you release you will receive the value you paid back into your budget for the draft. So, if you were foolish enough to spend W$T 120 on Jack Leach, you could release him and you will get W$T 120 into your budget for the draft.
  • If you've sold or traded players your budget will be updated according to that players original sale price (or the value you sold them for). So if Team A traded Pujara (W$T 110) for Kohli (W$T 98) their budget would deduct 98 not 110.
Because the draft will have a two or three player lotteries - you get free players - everyone's budget will be more flexible anyway. Although, I am planning to introduce other things to spend your budget on. :spy

mohsin7827

International Coach
India
CSK
Birmingham Phoenix
X Rebels
I wrote an extremely long post that I'm sure no one will want to read about Season 2 plans. I'll break it up instead.

Had schedule last week and I'm already a week behind. Hoping to get something going though. Got some fun plans, shake up the draft a little and even something that could liven up the actual matches. :spy

Baker Street Boys managed by @Parth D will be joining.

Watch this space for more team announcements.

Wanted to confirm interest. 9 old managers, based on responses recently, are up for the challenge.

Everyone else, let me know if you want to take part or not. If you don't want to be involved, for whatever reason, no worries. I will put a 7-day limit on this. If I haven't heard from you by Wednesday 18th November you'll be missing out. I will consider the door open for you to come back if I do a season 3.

@ahmedleo414
@beechcroft (the election is technically done)
@Bigby Wolf
@blockerdave
@Chris Lickley
@Dale88
@Dutch
@Mouseydread
@NePtuNe Gaming
@Short Leg Cricket
@wasteyouryouth
@Wavelberry
@Parth D

I'll see if I can get in touch with @GuyIncognito I know he might not be around.

I'll have some more information on picking teams today or tomorrow. Current plan is to allow old teams to retain a maximum of 7 players. If people would rather have a complete reset of squads we could do that.
@wasteyouryouth count me in just missed the updates will catch up

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Statement from The Glasgow Grubber's Chairman

We will be announcing our retained list later today. The culling will be brutal and merciless and we will not brook trading of anybody. Those that remain will be expected to give their all to the glorious cause while those that are culled will be expected to honour the NDAs lest we see them in court.

All glory to the Chairman and all glory to Glasgow

Statement Ends.

D

Dutch

Reports are coming in of a possible massive shake-up at Lucky Lockdown Lunatics

At the moment things are sketchy but it seems that the communal Lucky Lockdown Lunatic's milkshake dispenser has gone mental spraying the whole exquisitely Italian marble paved foyer with various flavours including strawberry and banana. A calm Jack Leach on leaving the one story building said: "I have never seen anything like it and in fact never saw anything like it as I was hit square in the face with a large paper cup of raspberry ripple and of course lost my glasses. I did however just manage to see Mark Wood surfing through the foyer on what I can only describe as a rather perplexed Alistair Cook."

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Avengers
andre-russel.jpg

Baker Street Boy #1: Dr. Russell

W$T 108 to @Dale88

@wasteyouryouth

Users who are viewing this thread