Cricket 19 - Ultimate Edition DLC Released

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I support you guys at Big Ant, love you even, I admit, I have a man crush, but come on lol:

View attachment 253230
What's worse now is that playfaced versions of these newly licensed players when downloaded from the academy do not replace these ones nor create a duplicate copy (like the licensed Jofra Archer and @wasteyouryouth's playfaced one)

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wasteyouryouth creations are pretty realistic and fantastic. Some created players are even more realistic than licenced players.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I love the new draft mode and feel like it is a missed opportunity to not have it in other parts of the game like other leagues and in career mode. At the least, the next iteration would benefit from having this as a part of a coach career where you control the entire team.

With how customizable Big Ant likes their games to be, imagine being able to edit the player pool, salary cap, wages per overall bracket and budget for a customizable draft mode. This could really expand the online game mode too in addition to breathing new life into single player.
I think it's a great addition that can hopefully be built upon/expanded and with a unique 'Draft Mode' of its own.

Definitely agree that more customised modes would be popular; having different formats, setting the pool of players, number of teams. I'm sure even @blockerdave or @Mouseydread would enjoy having a draft for their legends teams.

Likewise, sharing draft lists, might be interesting. I started making some retro IPL teams a while back. If I could share a custom draft that people would be able to download (which then downloads the teams and players - or maybe allows them to be used in some kind of cloud function) but have a tournament that is unique for everyone.

Being able to enter yourself into drafts for franchise tournaments in career, even if you have no chance of getting picked up, would be a far more interesting way to do it than telling you the likelihood you might get offered a contract. How much more exciting would it be if you finally, after several years of entering drafts, got picked? If this was the case I would like to see some tuning done to how players are drafted by the AI. If I'm getting drafted to CSK and, instead players like Moeen Ali and Sam Curran, they're going for Gary Ballance and James Anderson, I'd feel a bit let down. If it looked at mentalities, with a weighting to specific types or also perks rather than just skill level.

Online drafts - allowing people to join a host for a live draft - to set up tournaments would be very welcome by online players. Although, I don't know what makes online players happy.

RAVI99

Club Captain
I think it's a great addition that can hopefully be built upon/expanded and with a unique 'Draft Mode' of its own.

Definitely agree that more customised modes would be popular; having different formats, setting the pool of players, number of teams. I'm sure even @blockerdave or @Mouseydread would enjoy having a draft for their legends teams.

Likewise, sharing draft lists, might be interesting. I started making some retro IPL teams a while back. If I could share a custom draft that people would be able to download (which then downloads the teams and players - or maybe allows them to be used in some kind of cloud function) but have a tournament that is unique for everyone.

Being able to enter yourself into drafts for franchise tournaments in career, even if you have no chance of getting picked up, would be a far more interesting way to do it than telling you the likelihood you might get offered a contract. How much more exciting would it be if you finally, after several years of entering drafts, got picked? If this was the case I would like to see some tuning done to how players are drafted by the AI. If I'm getting drafted to CSK and, instead players like Moeen Ali and Sam Curran, they're going for Gary Ballance and James Anderson, I'd feel a bit let down. If it looked at mentalities, with a weighting to specific types or also perks rather than just skill level.

Online drafts - allowing people to join a host for a live draft - to set up tournaments would be very welcome by online players. Although, I don't know what makes online players happy.
They can only be happy patching silly bugs which are not there or less for offline.
All other additions are great but secondary.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Cricket 19: The Official Game Of The Ashes gets even better, with big all-new Cricket 19 Ultimate Edition DLC release

Play in The Hundred, the Caribbean Premier League, or tackle all-new online challenges, and get even more out of your Cricket 19 experience

Melbourne, July 15: Big Ant Studios is thrilled to announce Cricket 19 Ultimate Edition DLC for the successful and acclaimed Cricket 19: The Official Game Of The Ashes, adding a new international team and competition licenses, and even more ways to play.

For the first time, players will be able to compete in the ECB’s new, innovative short-form cricket competition known as The Hundred. Players can draft a fantasy The Hundred team, and then take to the pitch to prove that they have got the best team in the competition. Furthermore, just as the event organisers have given the Men’s and Women’s competitions equal prominence, so has Big Ant.

“This is the full The Hundred experience,” Ross Symons, CEO of Big Ant Studios said. “We’ve gone out and recreated three more stadia in the UK, so fans will be able to play along with the complete competition, while testing their own management and playing skills in building up their perfect team.

“Our goal has always been to give cricket fans the full experience, and The Hundred represents an exciting new format for the game that we have been looking forward to implementing for a while now,” Symons added. “It’s also the first time that we’ve brought DLC to a cricket game. We have fans that have played Cricket 19 for thousands of hours, and they have been asking us for ways to deepen their experience even more. We can’t wait for them to experience the excitement this DLC brings to the game.”

To support the excitement of The Hundred, Big Ant Studios has introduced a wealth of new content to the game via the DLC, including:

• A treasure trove of new licensed players! Over 200 fully licensed players have been meticulously detailed and added to the game’s rosters.
  • Three new stadia: Play with all eight The Hundred teams at their home stadium.
Get into the Caribbean vibe with the Caribbean Premier League (CPL)!

Cricket fans that purchase the DLC can also enjoy playing in the wildly-popular Caribbean Premier League (CPL)! You’ll be able to take to the Caribbean to show your skills in what is known as the coolest cricket competition on the planet, a “carnival of cricket” set within seven all-new stadiums.

The DLC will be priced at $Au14.95/€9.99, and available on PlayStation, Xbox and PC.

All players get a free patch!

In addition to the DLC, Big Ant Studios will be rolling out a free patch for all players on Cricket 19 at the same time. Both those with the DLC and those that don’t have it will gain access to a range of new features.

The free patch will feature:

• All-new “Test the Best” mode with weekly skill challenges to compete online with other cricket fans from around the world.
  • An all-new “Emotes” system to allow you to send emotes and reactions during online play – perfect for when you have hit a big six off your friend’s bowling (DLC owners get an additional, exclusive, set of emotes on top of those included in the patch).
Both the DLC and patch will be available on July 16, 2021.
Purchased the DlC, I haven't seen any any patch update (for all players) while starting the game

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
a slog sweep!
Licences for players I understand. And editing them.

However , you can't add Gayle to WI or Malan to Eng squads for example, and for it to save for next time you play like you could Pre patch. Just a minor problem but a bit frustrating!
I just played with the licensed Gayle on WI.

ConfusedMonkk

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The DLC and improvements are fantastic. But one thing i noticed, that may be an issue, is the panning of camera. Specifically when the ball travels to outfield or when the throw comes in from boundary. It appears as if the camera pans too slowly, resulting in missed opportunities. This may be subjective to fielding camera setting. I have been using broadcast 3 for a longtime and i never noticed this particular thing prior to new patch.

Any thoughts?
Tried multiple fielding camera views, they all appear to manifest the same issue.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Love the "Test the best" mode! First I thought it was only for users who have PSN. Thank you BAS!
Hi, what is "Test the best" mode? Where can we find it? I have the DLC but sorry i dont find it. Can you please share the details?

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
@MattW @BigAntStudios Thanks for the DLC and patch update.

Have a question to the developer/users, how is overall player rating calculated? Does player experience gets considered for overall rating? I can see a few younger players with similar bat/bowl/Fld rating have lower overall rating than older players?

It would be nice if the individual bat/bowl/Fld rating is included while editing lineup in the pre match. The overall rating doesn't help much in selecting the team (especially while the players are young and user is unaware of all the players). Something to consider in the next version.

Irishmaori

School Cricketer
I have spent a wee while doing my own draft and built a custom league for T20 games but the stats are all out of whack.

My question is..... With the update can you create your own league with The Hundred format? Like a custom tournament that has 16 teams on round robin, but when you choose format (20/40/50 overs) can you choose 100 ball?

Users who are viewing this thread