Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Rain94

School Cricketer
Game is good for me, batting is decent and enjoyable and can play most of the shots, playing t20 with licensed sides only with custom sliders,
regardless of bugs in the game currently as not comparing with other games batting department as what you could there versus what you can't here,thinking of not going for any new patches in ps5, .08 is ok for now atleast for me
How can I refuse any new updates for the game on PS5? Is there an option from the PS5 Home screen or settings somewhere?

Harigoks

County Cricketer
How can I refuse any new updates for the game on PS5? Is there an option from the PS5 Home screen or settings somewhere?
You can pause the update and delete it or make sure you have auto update download feature turned off.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Excuse Me? By your logic, you can't critique me for the post I made. It was said in good spirits, maybe look at my post, it was liked by @GuyIncognito himself. You're the one who is coming and being a moral police officer. If Admins wanted to they would've removed my post.

Maybe I've not been on the forums as long as you've been, but long enough to be aware of the rules.

(Will delete this post, if you delete yours. I think @GuyIncognito already deleted the post I had originally replied too.)
With DAP here. I woke up on the wrong side of bed after a bad day of work, made a crap post. DAP provided some constructive feedback. I deleted it. Nothing more needs to be said. Lets leave it at that and move on.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
With DAP here. I woke up on the wrong side of bed after a bad day of work, made a crap post. DAP provided some constructive feedback. I deleted it. Nothing more needs to be said. Lets leave it at that and move on.
Yes, I will delete my posts too. In fact your opinions of the game have helped me spot some problems during my time playing the game, so the opinions are helpful.

AJ MODS

National Board President
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Anyone facing playface eyebrows not visible issue?
After downloading any player/team?

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Yes you can disable auto download in settings, under system settings, just did that for myself today morning

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Anyone getting rain delay after every ball bowled? Steam version 1.1347. Played couple overs yesterday after last patch and all were fine. Fired up the game this morning and this shit happen. Career and Ashes series.

Just rebooted the game and fine now.

Last edited:

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I did think about adding this to my original message, something along the lines of "this approach makes sense if the AI doesn't just select the same team every time.", but didn't.

Mainly because I 99% knew that it'd always pick the same team, cos, yeah, of course it would. But I hadn't seen it to check.

Still, should have trusted my 99% instinct lol
My work around this has been to create a ‘Test Alt’ XI and just mix things up in this team, extra spinner, different batsman etc

Reactions: DAP

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
When searching the Academy community crashes the game hard on every other platform, I can see how Xbox UK may not approve the patch. Their more strict testing may have spotted the errors with the crashing.
I think in that case they must disable academy particular search option like teams, players, umpires along with showing shots during over change after player makes 50 or 100 till its not completely fixed so pending patches release accordingly.

for sure they think in that way as well.

also day0 patch also crashes game so how that released then.

D

Deleted member 185125

Is anyone able to play a proper T20 match, without the AI playing the uppercut or tennis shot every other over?

Storer11

Club Captain
I have played two careers in which I’m a batting allrounder yet I bat at 5. Is this the case for anyone else? A little annoying tbh. It means during T20’s I tend to come in with 2 or so overs to go and end up bowling all 4 overs.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I'm on PS4 and the reasons we encounter different fielding issues could relate to any of the following: Game Difficulty, Slider settings, Ground played at, Pitch Conditions, how the game handles FPS at night games. There could be many reasons. Though for the record, I also play on medium/pro level myself.

I see you've basically fairly positively reviewed the game's current state, but you definitely need to also take into account things like:

The constantly crashing academy
The fact we were told NZ's faces were going to be fixed in the most recent patch and they haven't, not one.
Locked Licenses, so you can't fix what BA have done to their own licensees. Why do these associations want them locked? End users are far kinder to their product than the licensor!
You can't create a powerplay in a single innings game in Match Designer.
Fielding which in many conditions causes players to slow after their first 20m's run (really these are international athletes!)
The issues with being able to play through a range of angles in the offside cover to point region (this seems to vary like fielding issues do, perhaps certain conditions influence it).
No competition designer.

The game is far from in great shape right now.

Yeah, I’m fairly positive right now. I guess in part because I prepared myself for things to not be quite right upon release.

You make some great points though and obviously there are so many options for us to create/play the game differently that we look at, like and dislike different things. I’m optimistic that the fixes that have been implemented mean that all platforms etc will get those fixes in time but I’m not blind to the odd two steps forward one step back scenario.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I have played two careers in which I’m a batting allrounder yet I bat at 5. Is this the case for anyone else? A little annoying tbh. It means during T20’s I tend to come in with 2 or so overs to go and end up bowling all 4 overs.

I think in the past that you could work your way up. Maybe depends whether you selected top order or middle order if that was an option. Becoming captain could help too. I think it’s why I historically switched to being an opener or three though, for the reason that you mention.

Users who are viewing this thread