Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

B

Bigby Wolf

What field do you typical use mate?
I usually prefer the aggressive field sets with pacers early on in the innings trying to swing the ball.

With mid on back / mid off up or vice versa and altering the deep fields as per my Bowling plans - If its setting the batmsen on in swingers I will keep short mid wicket up to get a close catch in or deep midwicket bowling bouncers and likewise adjust field every now and then.

The issue here is AI lofting the balls at willing even at runrate which shouldn't really be the case.

Its like AI is programmed to hit you wherever it wants more so in the last 3 balls of the over to maintain the run flow.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
The game crashes significantly. It crashed not once, twice or thrice but 10 times. I'm planning to delete this off my library. I'm giving up though!

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'll say this about the game, when the clouds form the right way, they look great.

View attachment 259279
Yes...but do they ever obscure the Sun? Do they move? I still haven't had a proper overcast day with no hard shadows...or a day that starts OK and then clouds over. Lighting and weather could use some improvement. Playing in Career Mode in Northern England, the weather, sound and lighting never feel right. In some sense improving gameplay is always going to be the most important priority (and I think BA have done some excellent things in Cricket 22, particularly with Career Mode) but it is a shame that they didn't implement weather or location, which are very much part of the experience of cricket.

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
It's really frustrating to see the AI play shots that we ourselves can't play in the game. With that said, has anyone managed to play the Leg-Side Flick shot that the AI loves to spam so much? I'm on PS4, so button combos would be helpful.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Simple issue i have in a test match with al on legend it bowls from the same side of the wicket whether player is right handed or left handed with the same field so many easy runs on leg side with no change in bowling or fielding.This has actually been an issue give or take with every cricket game big ant have made.
I'm mostly okay with their new bugs. But the same bugs from 2017 is what irks me the most. 5 years and still not able to fix them is non sensical. There is no excuse for the fielding to be like it was two games before.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why is the Custom Sliders not available for Online?

While I appreciate all those people who are fine tuning the sliders to suit their own taste (me included), why is this feature not implemented properly in Online?

I remember in Cricket 19, they added this feature and I was happily playing with my friend(co-op) in our favorite values and then all of a sudden, because 'few' players abused it for the sake of 'winning', BA instead of finding a proper solution they just removed this feature altogether.

Even with my very little knowledge in developing game, I can think of solutions for that like

1. You could have an option during the match setup screen like 'Enable Custom Difficulty' and it'll work similar to how 'Enforce Classic Controls' works (basically locks)

Or if changing values on the go is a bit hard to implement online

2. You could have like a 'Import preset' kinda option to import user's saved difficulties, which shows the values present in it to both players and once set for a match, it can't be changed.

The first one I feel might be easy for my mind, the second is more for those 'naughty' online players who will do whatever it takes to win a match in a silly video game.

I'm saying this because, compared to previous games now I'm seeing a lot of players who like to up the pace a bit, reduce shot force or tweak some bounce values for challenge themselves which is Awesome !

So why can't players enjoy the same experience with their friends?

As much as we love challenging ourselves against the AI and enjoying our solitude, I'm sure there are people like me who would like to experience it with other players and you can only code so much for the Dynamic AI which has its limitations, in the end its still 2021 and AI is still evolving.

OJP92

School Cricketer
I enjoy the game even though there are issues. I don’t have the same expectations as fifa or the American sports games. I’m just happy to trundle along with Queensland then hopefully Aus on my career.
But since the last patch when my player bowls spin and they cut it to the slip fielder. The fielder stops it but won’t throw the bowl back into the keeper or back to bowler. This is the first time since I got the game on release date it has started crashing. (PS5)
Now it’s annoying me I may start to pick my standards up and expect more from Big Ant

johanna

School Cricketer
Hello, my player career save file is showing up as corrupted in cricket 22 on playstation 4. Does anyone know if there is a way to recover the file? I did not orce close the game or anything like that, I quit the game from the menus and then shutdown console as usual and the next time I went to load up the file it appeared as corrupted. Do I need to share psn id? I was told by another friend that bigant developers are in this forum which is why I've posted here. If I should reach out to them somewhere else, can you let me know where?

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Is this in career or normal competition play now stuff?

Not career. Typical test matches. I've had one decent bowling experience that felt fair (although had to pass up several run-outs to get it.) About a week ago. Other than that..

D

Deleted member 193590

Hello, my player career save file is showing up as corrupted in cricket 22 on playstation 4. Does anyone know if there is a way to recover the file? I did not orce close the game or anything like that, I quit the game from the menus and then shutdown console as usual and the next time I went to load up the file it appeared as corrupted. Do I need to share psn id? I was told by another friend that bigant developers are in this forum which is why I've posted here. If I should reach out to them somewhere else, can you let me know where?
Unless you have PS plus and you uploaded a save to the cloud,I don't think there's anyway to get it back.Seems like a few PlayStation users are having trouble after latest patch.
You could reach out to Ross on Twitter.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Yes...but do they ever obscure the Sun? Do they move? I still haven't had a proper overcast day with no hard shadows...or a day that starts OK and then clouds over. Lighting and weather could use some improvement. Playing in Career Mode in Northern England, the weather, sound and lighting never feel right. In some sense improving gameplay is always going to be the most important priority (and I think BA have done some excellent things in Cricket 22, particularly with Career Mode) but it is a shame that they didn't implement weather or location, which are very much part of the experience of cricket.

I’m doing a career in northern England and there was a pretty epic sunset in my first three-day game at about 4:30pm! I’m assuming this is in April/May. It resulted in the floodlights coming on and a little bit of fuzziness.

I have liked the sun piercing through parts of the stadium though when playing in Play Now.

On a slightly different note, I think that a lot us are playing club games at the same or very similar grounds. There’s an ambulance or van positioned right behind the bowler that’s really off putting!

Users who are viewing this thread